US on Canada torture watch list

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Omar Khadr's lawyers say they can't understand why Canada is not doing more to help their client in light of new evidence that Ottawa has put the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, on a watch list for torture.

Torture violates International Law!
Canadas refusal to demand Khadr's release from Guantanamo appears to be purely political!. "Out of a desire to appear tough on the war on terror, Mr. Harper has put this set of considerations out the window, and that's not appropriate, we have to obey the law," Attaran said.
Khadr -- a Canadian citizen who was just 15-years-old when he was captured in Afghanistan more than five years ago and taken to Guantanamo -- has claimed that he has been tortured at the prison.

http://tinyurl.com/2r3dt9
---------------------------------------
I believe Kadr! I know about a german boy, Murat Kurnaz, who was also still a teenager when captured and brought to Guantanamo. He, too, tells about being tortured. We all know - the whole world knows - that's what the Americans do, and hire others to do!!!
:angryfire:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Poor Omar, I hope he spends the rest of his life at Gitmo.

That's quite the contradictory statement.

But I don't suppose in this day in age, anybody remembers the old saying "Innocent until proven guilty?" ~ Yeah, it seems to be more of a saying these days, rather then part of law.

These people are captured for whatever reason and accused of being a terrorist, or enemy combatant.... or enemy non-combatant (Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean)

There are no POW's.... just whatever the Bush administration likes to make up so they can avoid proper classifications which are reconized around the world, thereby they can do whatever they want. It's a load of crap. And so, these people are now guilty until confessed by totured, then they're really guilty, and then the US points to the rest of the world and says "See, our system works"

:-? Yeah, works like a left handed vibrator.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Canada isn't a county anymore it's a pimple on Uncle Sams butt. Omar Khadr's fate waits for many thousands of others in North America, even those who speak in support of torture and imprisonment without trial won't be safe or spared.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
That's quite the contradictory statement.

But I don't suppose in this day in age, anybody remembers the old saying "Innocent until proven guilty?" ~ Yeah, it seems to be more of a saying these days, rather then part of law.

These people are captured for whatever reason and accused of being a terrorist, or enemy combatant.... or enemy non-combatant (Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean)

There are no POW's.... just whatever the Bush administration likes to make up so they can avoid proper classifications which are reconized around the world, thereby they can do whatever they want. It's a load of crap. And so, these people are now guilty until confessed by totured, then they're really guilty, and then the US points to the rest of the world and says "See, our system works"

There is nothing contradictory about that I said, I hope he rots the rest of his days at Gitmo. I would also like to see the rest of his parasite family join him there. The family currently living in Scarborough, who only chose to come back because here after her other terrorist son was crippled while performing his terrorist activities overseas.

Omar is not a POW, he wasn't fighting for any recognizable country, he belonged to no army, he was jihading for Bin Laden. I don't really care if he isn't afforded the rights he would have in Canada as he forfeited those rights when he left the country and chose to Jihad.

In short, Omar Khadr can rot in hell, aka Gitmo.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Are you too stupid to read the article your self, Loon?

I am supposed to feel pity for him because he comes from a line of terrorists?

Should I feel that he was molded into the person he is today>

Society has failed him?

Could you, please, use a more civilized tone when you speak to me?
Of course I have read the article... have you?
I think you are missing the boat... your heart seems void of all human understanding and compassion. Only a programmed robot talks like that!
:-(

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Hey, if you want to make little remarks like " Here is a true story EagleSmack and DurkaDurka can be very proud of!!!!!", expect to get an equally cutting reply.

Yes I have read the article and many others like it and they have done nothing to change my opinion on the terrorist boy.

My heart is not void of understanding or compassion, the thing is he isn't worthy of either.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Thanks for the explanation, DurkaDurka... I had forgotten my cutting remark. Are we even now?

We are apparently worlds apart with respect to terrorists. I'm surprised you don't carry the American flag.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Thanks for the explanation, DurkaDurka... I had forgotten my cutting remark. Are we even now?

We are apparently worlds apart with respect to terrorists. I'm surprised you don't carry the American flag.

Loon, I would hold the same position if any other country was holding him so implying that I am some sort of American wannabe is way off track.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
There is nothing contradictory about that I said, I hope he rots the rest of his days at Gitmo. I would also like to see the rest of his parasite family join him there. The family currently living in Scarborough, who only chose to come back because here after her other terrorist son was crippled while performing his terrorist activities overseas.

Omar is not a POW, he wasn't fighting for any recognizable country, he belonged to no army, he was jihading for Bin Laden. I don't really care if he isn't afforded the rights he would have in Canada as he forfeited those rights when he left the country and chose to Jihad.

In short, Omar Khadr can rot in hell, aka Gitmo.

So guilty until proved innocent.... that's all you had to say.

Oh, and you said he wasn't fighting for any reconizable country, and that he belonged to no army, except his following of Osama? Do you have evidence proving this, besides him being captured in a house with a bunch of dead insurgents? (Or so the US claims)

I haven't even seen any evidence proven where they captured him either. They showed a video clip of a kid in a video setting up IEDs, which they claim resembles Omar..... quite honestly with the quality of the video, it could have been any kid.

Sorry, but I don't share your desire to lynch anybody based on emotional appeal and leave them at the hands of the US and their torturing. To each their own.

Why are they not allowed to defend themselves?

Very good question... if they're guilty of the accused crimes, then the US shouldn't be afraid of giving them a fair trial proving their guilt.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I hate them because they are sub-human savages Loon.

I'm not jumping on the American Bandwagon Loon, In fact I would rather Canada not be involved in Afghanistan or the middle east in any way.

They can defend them selves all they want, dying doesn't mean much to them as long as they get their 7 virgins.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I hate them because they are sub-human savages Loon.

I'm not jumping on the American Bandwagon Loon, In fact I would rather Canada not be involved in Afghanistan or the middle east in any way.

They can defend them selves all they want, dying doesn't mean much to them as long as they get their 7 virgins.
You are just an ignorant kid, Durka... no use discussing this particular topic with you. Get out there and gather some experiences of your own before you shoot your mouth off with such racist gutter garbage!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
When one is open and forthright with ones intent, ones objective and one confesses, long before reaching the HQ, let alone Gitmo, one must ask WTF? is everyone crying about?

He's a piece-o-shyte, a parasite and a confessed terrorist.

Hence his ununiformed presence in Afghanistan

Not that it would matter to you, but the process you attribute to Bush and gang as 'whatever they like to make up', is actually quite old. Used by militaries and Gov'ts alike the world over, most of which are Treaty nations.

Here is a true story EagleSmack and DurkaDurka can be very proud of!!!!!

The Unending Torture of Omar Khadr

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...dr_from_an_al_qaeda_childhood_to_a_gitmo_cell
Who the hell gets their politics and or news from 'Rolling Stone Magizine' ???

WTF!!!???

Of course I have read the article... have you?
I have and it's got more spin on it then a top.

Try reading something remotely journalistic if you wish to more then 'misinformed'.
I think you are missing the boat... your heart seems void of all human understanding and compassion. Only a programmed robot talks like that!
:-(
I checked, the only metal parts I have are from surgeries, so nope, no android here, just a human pissed off people brought their bagage to Canada and are abusing the very nation they wish death upon from within.

Have you ever heard the words that come from Omar and family's mouths...I've heard their words, when not in confinement, not under duress, not being tortured...when they were as free as birds, they spit upon this nation, they are without a doubt everything Durka said and more.

So if we find people spit on Canada, we're American lackies?

Nice agenda driven mindset loon.

Why do you hate the "terrorists"?
Because they do not care who they kill at all.
Why do you jump on the American bandwagon?
It isn't the American bandwagon, that's you projecting your agenda.
Why are they not allowed to defend themselves?
They aren't defending themselves if they are foriegn nationals traveling to another nation to defend an ideology. They are combatants. Period.
So guilty until proved innocent.... that's all you had to say.

Oh, and you said he wasn't fighting for any reconizable country, and that he belonged to no army, except his following of Osama? Do you have evidence proving this, besides him being captured in a house with a bunch of dead insurgents? (Or so the US claims)
Go google Omar Kahdar...and read all the articles, listen to radio interviews and come back and try to defend the virmin again.

I haven't even seen any evidence proven where they captured him either. They showed a video clip of a kid in a video setting up IEDs, which they claim resembles Omar..... quite honestly with the quality of the video, it could have been any kid.
That's the least of the evidence against him.
Sorry, but I don't share your desire to lynch anybody based on emotional appeal and leave them at the hands of the US and their torturing. To each their own.
So what is your arguement based on, it sure isn't fact or evidence.
Very good question... if they're guilty of the accused crimes, then the US shouldn't be afraid of giving them a fair trial proving their guilt.
They aren't, they're being handcuffed to the point where the jurisdiction is in question.
You are just an ignorant kid, Durka... no use discussing this particular topic with you. Get out there and gather some experiences of your own before you shoot your mouth off with such racist gutter garbage!
I call BS here.

Your viewing and making claims on emotion and nothing more.

This boy tried to kill people, that should be enough reason to put him down.
A truly simplistic anser to a wonderfully complex situtation...oh Young, if it were so simple.