Criticising Ed Stelmach based on health care

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Okay. So, I don't follow politics as well as I should. This I will readily admit.

But, I couldn't help but laugh at the attack ads against Ed Stelmach that have been airing lately.

"Too many Albertans are still without regular doctors."

"Surgeries are delayed."

"Why doesn't Ed Stelmach have a plan for health care?"

Okay... alright. These may seem like perfectly valid complaints. But, if he was to stand up tomorrow and say 'I plan to hire 50 new doctors, and 10 more surgeons' exactly what purpose would that serve? To hire the doctors there have to be doctors to hire. All of Canada seems to be in the exact same boat. He can develop all the plans for health care he darn well feels like! Pull it out of his arse like every other politician... would that really make things any better? Would that really make him more credible?

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
maybe he could give us Ralph bucks.. we all liked Ralpie then.. lol.. he is hinting at free medical.. and I have a family doc..so I don't care..<grin>

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
YA!!!!!! That would be GREAT...I LOVED Ralphy, the ol alchy, when he did that. Especially with the number of kids we have:lol:

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
My Doctor said it had something to do with the reduction of class sizes due to budget cuts by Ralph He said it was the Tories fault for "being so Damned short sighted when they began to cut Budgets" - I'm not saying Eds a bad man, but it will cost a bundle to bring Healthcare back. My doctor will be retiring in two years and I've begun to look for a new GP.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well...if eddie would pull a ralphy I wouldn't have to worry where I'm getting the 3500.00 to send my kid to Italy with his marching band.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
the ads can be found here (thanks Lester!), and I tell you, if I hear the 'plan' ad anymore, I'll be voting Stelmach out of spite. lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
"no plan...... no plan.... (said in a raspy, supposedly dramatic whisper)."

Seriously, Stelmach gets my vote so long as he doesn't put out an equally annoying ad. lol.