Harper Endorses Terrorism

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
quote:
PRIME MINISTER MOVES TO GRANT HONOURARY CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP TO LEADER OF DEMOCRACY MOVEMENT IN BURMA, AUNG SAN SUU KYI

AUNG SAN SUU KYI deserves this but what she did was break the law by having unlawful demonstrations and she is responsible for the torture and killing of her supporters.

Is Harper going to hand out honourary Canadian citizenships to the terrorists like Taliban who is fighting to get rid of the invaders of their country.

If Harper were smart he would have awarded a Canadian medal of honour to this woman for being a freedom fighter.

You didn’t see George Bush Jr. handing out honourary American citizenship award to the Dalai Lama all he got was a gold trinket

What’s next will Harper make the members of the FLQ national icons

This is sending the wrong message to the world.

Canada is better than this.

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
You admit that she deserves the honour but criticise Harper for doing it none the less. Who cares what GW Bush did or did not do for the Dalai Lama. Your contortions of logic aside, the Prime Minister has the right to do what he did and honouring a fighter for democracy is consistant with Canadian values. Do the Taleban and Canada share values that I am not aware of?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It seems strange quite frankly that a man like Stephen Harper would make this gesture...+

Wasn't it the same Prime Minister who after championing "transparent and fair government" then gave a cabinet post to a politician who ran for the loyal opposition?

Harper has no sense of justice or appropriate behavior, so nothing this boob does should suprise anyone.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
quote:

AUNG SAN SUU KYI deserves this but what she did was break the law by having unlawful demonstrations and she is responsible for the torture and killing of her supporters.

Is Harper going to hand out honourary Canadian citizenships to the terrorists like Taliban who is fighting to get rid of the invaders of their country.

If Harper were smart he would have awarded a Canadian medal of honour to this woman for being a freedom fighter.

You didn’t see George Bush Jr. handing out honourary American citizenship award to the Dalai Lama all he got was a gold trinket

What’s next will Harper make the members of the FLQ national icons

This is sending the wrong message to the world.

Canada is better than this.

You are quite simply out of your frickin' mind. This is one of the most disjointed, illogical, idiotic posts I have ever read.........

So, protest leaders are responsible when the gov't opens fire on peaceful buddhist monks.

Uh-huh.

I guess that fits in nicely with APEC protesters in BC being responsible for their own pepper-spraying because they were excercising their right to free speech......

You can't even see the problem with that line of though, can you?

Shaking my head.

Liberals never cease to amaze me.

goat

Time Out
Mar 8, 2007
That is what occurs when hate, idiocy, and stupidity rule.

What's that posters name?

Liberal-man

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Ahhhh, the line between a freedom fighter and a terrorist. Tis not a wide gulf really.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Hey Colpy why would there be the "necessity" of protesters at a summit of the worlds most powerful and influential corporate mandarins?

Could it be because the line is drawn? Could it be because whether you vote Liberal or Conservative, Republican or Democrat that the "right" you believe you're exercising when you vote is little more than window dressing......?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
You are quite simply out of your frickin' mind. This is one of the most disjointed, illogical, idiotic posts I have ever read.........
Liberals never cease to amaze me.

I was going to use phuck, but the sentiment is the same.

One definition of a liberal is:

A person so open-minded that their brains have fallen out.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Locutus (of Borg)

So you're happy with the Harper decision to make investment in Columbia attractive and we should just all ignore the killing and criminality that's been going on there....

It's far worse that Harper declares formal recognition in this case and we can just forget about support for Columbia as not-related to "terrorism"?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
So do you do more by making peace and finding common ground to support influence or walling off economically and socially?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
So do you do more by making peace and finding common ground to support influence or walling off economically and socially?

Depends on what kind of "peace" you have in mind....

The kind of "peace" that permits the most powerful nation on earth to invade Iraq?

The kind of "peace" that has created the most significant and perhaps largest "gap" between the haves and the have-nots that this planet has ever seen..?

The kind of "peace" that regards input to economic conferences and "summits" held among the wealthiest as unimportant and something to be walled-off from and patrolled by riot gear equipped guards?

What kind of "peace" do you mean?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
For once, I agree with Harper. Showing disrespect for a Burmese military junta is exactly the message Canada should be giving to the world. In the name of every soldier, sailor and airman who's worn UN blue in lonley vigils on Cyprus, in Cambodia, on the Golan Heights, in the Congo, in Somalia and in every other brushfire hotspot on this planet, I salute you....

Wolf

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
For once, I agree with Harper. Showing disrespect for a Burmese military junta is exactly the message Canada should be giving to the world. In the name of every soldier, sailor and airman who's worn UN blue in lonley vigils on Cyprus, in Cambodia, on the Golan Heights, in the Congo, in Somalia and in every other brushfire hotspot on this planet, I salute you....

Wolf

So do I.

And I'll bet that if it was suggested the government do this, and thhe didn't, there'd be 'outrage' too. You can't win 'em all.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Here are the facts about Burma
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/country_profiles/1300003.stm

According to this web site Burma has been under military rule since the early sixties.

Aung San Suu Kyi’s party the National League for Democracy, won a landslide victory in 1990 but they were never allowed to take power.

So Colpy, this group wants to bring down the ruling government because a large percentage of the people are dissatisfied considering that there is 50.7 million people.

Why is it that only a small percentage of people are demonstrating with that population they could over throw the government in no time?

The reason is that they are satisfied with the government or they don’t want to rock the boat.

A large percentage of the population just wants to live their lives and they don’t want any trouble.

Why is Burma all of a sudden on the international communities radar, is it because they have oil as a resource?

Who would benefit by the change in political climate? Who else the superpowers, that’s who.

You don’t see Canada doing much for Darfur where genocide is common there.

Where is the honourary Canadian citizenships seems to me that the freedom fighters in Darfur would need it more.

Demonstrations in an oppressed country never works it only works in a free democratic society where politicians are motivated by re-elections.

Demonstrations are window dressing in oppressed regimes where they will get world recognition for their cause.

The former U.S.S.R. is a good example of political change in an oppressed country and that is within the government.

If Burma were to use this method of helping the government in order to change the government then they would be able to have freedom within the next ten years

If not then the other way is what happened in Iraq where you find a government like America and if Harper is still in power Canada to invade Burma and with only 100,000 civilian deaths you would be able to achieve it in three to four years.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Your link provides every reason why Shwe is in violation of human rights codes and should be deposed. Why can't the people do it? They don't have the army on their side.

Wolf