The Throne Speech Two Step

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The Liberal party has the Conservatives by the stones.

Last session of the House of Commons brought in a whole new strategy, which is Committees rule.

We should have an election so that we get a majority where more can be done and it is up to the Liberals to call it but they don’t have too because they have the advantage.

The Stephen Harper says that he wants to govern but he refuses to acknowledge that he only leads a minority government.

He wants more take than give and take.

Harper wants little to do with compromises and this is why his criminal bills were held up in the committee stage.

Stephen can jump up and down and accuse the Liberals that they are liars and they are dishonest but at the end of the day he shows the voters of Canada that he is a poor choice for Prime Minister.

Jack and Gille said that if the Dion doesn’t bring down the government then they would hound him as being a coward.

They can do this but they will lose votes and the Liberals win.

So it is up to the Liberals but then again that quote from the throne speech “Quebec is a nation within a united Canada” seems to please the Bloc leader and who knows the Bloc might side with the government.

So Dion can hold off or he can bring down the government and if he doesn’t the Conservative party will.

The fun begins in the land of Canadian federal politics.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Umm, I think it goes the other way around. If the Liberals defeat the government, who will chair the election for the Libs? They are in disarray, they are bickering, as usual. They will not win an election like that. If they vote to keep the Conservatives in, they have betrayed their principles (Kyoto). If they abstain from the vote, they lack leadership.

I think the move by Harper is called zugzwang in chess.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
^^^ What Tonington said.

Tune in at 3pm and watch the lengthy 'speech' that will really mean, "Uncle".

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Last session of the House of Commons brought in a whole new strategy, which is Committees rule.

We should have an election so that we get a majority where more can be done and it is up to the Liberals to call it but they don’t have too because they have the advantage.

The Stephen Harper says that he wants to govern but he refuses to acknowledge the he only leads a minority government.

He wants more take than give and take.

Harper wants little to do with compromises and this is why his criminal bills were held up in the committee stage.

Stephen can jump up and down and accuse the Liberals that they are liars and they are dishonest but at the end of the day he shows the voters of Canada that he is a poor choice for Prime Minister.

Jack and Gille said that if the Dion doesn’t bring down the government then they would hound him as being a coward.

They can do this but they will lose votes and the Liberals win.

So it is up to the Liberals but then again that quote from the throne speech “Quebec is a nation within a united Canada” seems to please the Bloc leader and who knows the Bloc might side with the government.

So Dion can hold off or he can bring down the government and if he doesn’t the Conservative party will.

The fun begins in the land of Canadian federal politics.

Which is about what I would expect from the Liberal scum, who generally have no concept of propriety in Committee.

The Conservatives are the GOVERNMENT of this country, just in case you hadn't noticed......if you don't like that GO TO THE PEOPLE! As Harper will force you to, if you play this game too long too hard. Why do you think he is making all votes on legislation steming from the throne speech confidence motions?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Which is about what I would expect from the Liberal scum, who generally have no concept of propriety in Committee.

The Conservatives are the GOVERNMENT of this country, just in case you hadn't noticed......if you don't like that GO TO THE PEOPLE! As Harper will force you to, if you play this game too long too hard. Why do you think he is making all votes on legislation steming from the throne speech confidence motions?

AHHHhhhhhh. :lol:

Bravo.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Umm, I think it goes the other way around. If the Liberals defeat the government, who will chair the election for the Libs? They are in disarray, they are bickering, as usual. They will not win an election like that. If they vote to keep the Conservatives in, they have betrayed their principles (Kyoto). If they abstain from the vote, they lack leadership.

I think the move by Harper is called zugzwang in chess.

Explain that again, slowly..........the guy is a Liberal after all....he still hasn't figured out that Canada ISN'T a one party state.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Here we go.

The fiberals are playing with fire and offering the poison pill to the NDP. What a slimy way to save face. Cowards.

Developing...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Ahem....

Ladies and Gentlemen of Canada, the Prime Minister his Honourable Minister Stephen Harper:....

"Canadians have been eagerly anticipating my address from the Throne...."

"I'd just like to point out that in the game of musical chairs that passes for government in Canada, that it is after all just another chair."

Thanks for your attention.....

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The amendments to the previous amendment have been amended so as to appease those that brought forth the intended amendment.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
He's mumbling and stumbling away (almost no English being spoken) about minor bits and pieces just to fill his time slot. It's good to see them squirm.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Trying to understand this doofus is like reading the ingredients on a pack of smokes.
The sooner he shuts up and we hear from someone else, the better. Even Jack!

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
Why do you think he is making all votes on legislation steming from the throne speech confidence motions?

Because he desperately wants an election right now, but he knows he can't call one without looking like a huge hypocrite on his fixed election date law. I see no need to have an election over every issue. The people of Canada have their say every election. If the majority of elected MPs vote against something, why is there a need for an election (unless of course it is something major like a budget, which needs to be passed)??