More democratic measures by PM Harper...

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The Toronto star has uncovered a plan by Harper to supplant the National Press Gallery, with a government controlled media center. According to the documents obtained via an Access to Information request, the plan code named Shoe Store Project has been in the works for a year.

Harper has had a tumultuous relationship with the Ottawa journalists since attaining office. Now his plan seeks to go one step further, in seeking to control what information is given to his loyal subjects:roll:

The name of the plan is fitting, as the supposed location is an old shoe store in Ottawa. The plan states that it will
put in place robust physical and information security measures to protect the prime minister and cabinet

Tsk Tsk Harper. This is what you think the voters want? Quite the opposite. A plan the former Liberals no doubt would have loved.

link
and link

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I think you hit the nail on the head, Harper thinks he's royalty and wants to be treated that way. He sure doesn't have any respect for the electorate or its representatives in Parliment.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Now the so-called journalists will have to earn their salaries.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
It's good to be King. :lol:

That was sarcastic by the way. ;-)

Um, ok? Not sure why you felt the need to point that out to me... Mine was rhetorical, by the way?

On another note, you have to hand it to the right honorable prime minister, he runs a pretty outrageous government without breaking any written rules. He just breaks every unwritten rule out there... but that's... well, he's clearly a damn good lawmaker, if nothing else.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
And then hire a press secretary, like what happens south of the border? So much for our identity?

It take a little more than some Yankee wannabe playing America now to change anything about my identity. He is going to do what he can get away with right now but remember that his leash is only as long as his Liberal stripes.

At some point the Liberals will get their house in order and the moment that happens, these clowns will be ducking elections at all costs. I expect there will be a thunderous clash of ideals with in the Right once the real centerist party emerges in unity.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Dion is the best thing to happen to Canadian politics in many moons.

This is unfair. You don’t know what you speak about. You don’t know what you speak about. Do you think it’s easy to make priorities?

Gotta love dat guy. :lol:

Niflmir: Sorry about my brain fart back there. ;-)

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Politicians are scared. And they should be.

Americans were provided ample proof that their government and particular people within that government lied them into a costly war in Iraq. Americans are watching as the decay and injustice spawned by a war-mongering self-interested and wholly inept government racks up casualties at home on the domestic field of political terrorism/warfare....

Stephen Harper is a pathetic pitiable dunce. To assume for a moment that Canadians will accept/embrace a posture used by the American government to propagandize everything from right to life and choice to the necessity for Americans to die on crumbling bridges at watch as their trade with China makes millinaires while poisons are sold at bargain prices to America's children....wire-taps, secret prisons, torture as American foreign policy, Katrina victims victimized over and over, the list of lies and corruption that Americans are experiencing in the United States has its henchman Stephen Harper working hard in Canada to achieve the same results.

Insulating the government from open independent scrutiny is the mark of the true fascist...

I hope Canadian Conservatives are happy with the route being taken....

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
No problem Locutus.

Yeah, our politics are in a weird way these days. I think many people had hope that the minority government would be the redeeming voice of our single member plurality electoral system, that the parties would be forced to work with each other. What we saw disappointed all Canadians, I believe. In one way or another we simply saw cheap political trick after cheap political trick, with things we hold dear used as bait.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Will I see Stephen Harper in King Cloth as Napoleon did in that Gallery?
Oh Oh..what about the Pope?!!!
Gotta see that one!