Western Standard down the toilet

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Dear Western Standard reader,
I'm sorry to report that we've had to shut down the print edition of the Western Standard. Despite nearly four valiant years of trying, we were unable to make ends meet financially. I regret that means we will be unable to fulfill our oustanding subscription obligations, and for that I'm very sorry.
It is my hope that we will be able to continue with an Internet presence, but it is unlikely that we will be able to revive our print edition.
Here is a note that I posted to our website about this change
Please accept my gratitude for your support over the years, and my apologies for not being able to continue publishing.
Yours truly,
Ezra Levant,
Publisher

ROFL....I LOVE it..poor ol Erzra isn't as popular as he thought he was..... a REAL legend in his own mind.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That you celebrate another's failures says a lot about you.

Have you read the tripe he writes? If it was up to Levant he would deport every single Muslim in Canada regardless of their political leanings. If it was up to Levant he would have the entire ME nuked and handed over to Isreal.

After the idiot published those anti-Muslim cartoons and found himself being sued...he came crying to his readership for a "defence fund".

He's a right wing nut that even advocated and supported Alberta independance.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And my statement still stands.

Do you oppose free speech?

Nope....I don't..... and therefore I have the right to giggle and laugh when a neo-con bites the dust. Especially one that supports tearing my Country apart.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hate to see any Canadian voice silenced - whether I agree with it or not....

Wolf
Yeah but if someone haaaaas to be silenced then it may as well be the ones that disagree with me rather than the opposite.

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
I can't say that I am surprised to hear this, when you see the same single copy of the Western Standard sitting on the magazine rack for two months at the store with no one buying it, you have to think their days are numbered.

I flipped through a couple of issues but never found anything compelling enough for me to buy or subscribe to it.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Perhaps they should have applied for a handout from Bush. After all, he generously doles out taxpayer money to any right wing cause. This sounds right up his alley.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
I will join giggle with you my friend...though I never read his "things" because I laugh at EVERY SINGLE NEO-CONS.