Harper makes deal with Nova Scotia

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Harper just now is announcing that there is an agreement between the Federal Government and the Province of Nova Scotia. Nova Scotia will still have to choose from one of the two formulas, but in the future should the equalization formula result in a loss, say if there is a growth in oil and gas revenue in the future, the Accord agreements will guarantee that those funds are not lost.

Bill Casey will not be welcomed back into the Conservative Caucus.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
See, to me, the case with Bill Casey means that the Conservative party should be charged with attempting to coerce illegal behaviour.

We don't have proportional representation, we elect MP's. By attempting to coerce and punish an MP for not voting in the best interests of his riding, they are doing the same thing as an employer who fired his staff for not voting for the "right" candidate.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20071010%2fns_equalization_071010&showbyline=True

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I agree. What's worse, Casey was right. The Feds said the Accord was not changed, Casey showed where it had been changed. And now the Government has admitted that the new formula's can short change NS.

I'll vote for Casey, I hope he runs as an Independent.