The dollar

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The dollar was at $0.63 in 2002 when Jean Cretin announced he was stepping down. Since then it has made a steady climb to $1.00. Coincidence?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
ITN, isn't EVERYTHING Bush's fault? (said tongue in cheek)

Last edited:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
the canadian dollar may be doing ok, but most of this whole parity thing seems to be down to the fact that the US dollar is going the way of the rubel, the drachma and the albanian wooden dollar.

I'm not sure of the exact figures but the canadian dollar versus the euro probably isn't such an exciting story

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
To think this is the government's doing and not the market is foolish. What's the price of a barrel of oil these days? If our central bank increases interest rates to keep inflation in check, any investors holding Canadian dollars get more money as I understand it, so investors are snatching up the loonie. I'm sure Toro will sort this all out, financial guru that he is

Hermann, we've also been gaining on the Euro I think, after record lows :)

Last edited:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
To think this is the government's doing and not the market is foolish. What's the price of a barrel of oil these days? If our central bank increases interest rates to keep inflation in check, any investors holding Canadian dollars get more money as I understand it, so investors are snatching up the loonie. I'm sure Toro will sort this all out, financial guru that he is

Hermann, we've also been gaining on the Euro I think, after record lows :)

Of course market forces have most to do with it, but Bush is intentionally keeping the dollar low.

Toro........coming soon.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
did somebody mention the jebus fish?

This is the second comming of the Holy Jebus Fish.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Jebus, my lord, what does thou command? More aquaculture you say? It shall be done! lol

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
I wonder how the equal dollar will affect my pimpin biz...

It won't change much, bet here's a couple pf tips...

Carry US money... it's lighter...

Put some make up on the chicks you carry across the border... they'll look older and everyone will be happier...

Do business in Montreal... the political vacuum is total and nobody will be on your back.