Time to lose MacKay

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Its bad enough this guy is so far up Harper's butt he rolled on the budget without a whimper but now I know he's not just up Fortress North America's by proxy. Not only is this comment totally (and probably deliberately so since that's the CPC communications strategy these days) rude...

"You can't go around the world these days dropping a flag somewhere, this isn't the 14th or 15th century. "

but tells me in spades this he really is a total assclown that's out of his depth. He should been quietly offering to split the cab fare with Vlad as a thank you for locking down our claim on the North West Passage. Now he's just another Reform idiot that needs to apologize.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
"There is no question over Canadian sovereignty in the Arctic. We've made that very clear. We established a long time ago that these are Canadian waters and this is Canadian property," MacKay told CBC News.
"You can't go around the world these days dropping a flag somewhere, this isn't the 14th or 15th century. "

There is no question what we like.....but the reallity is that we do have some competition and we'd better get off our asses and assert our sovereinty in this area before it is gone. It's funny. Back in the days when the American ice breaker "Manhatten" went through the Northwest Passage, the Russians were our biggest supporters who told the world that the passage was Canadian and always had been. See what capitalism has done?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
For what? Corporate tax and oil revenues? Patience, diplomacy and the balance of power will give us our share of that and as an added bonus since the only claim the US has on it is by sheer mileage they have to cough up the Passage to make their case.

I don't know what the big deal is here. I hear the CBC showed a clip of a Canadian flag getting dropped through the ice up there ages ago.