Bigfoot Debate

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Does Bigfoot exist? If you believe it does is it human, an animal or an alien?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Does Bigfoot exist? If you believe it does is it human, an animal or an alien?

I bet we're going to need our tinfoil hats before this thread plays itself out.:smilebox:

Besides if Bigfoot is real there is no way he's an alien. They wouldn't be furry or living in the woods. The aliens live among us.:smile:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
There is no Bigfoot in my opinion, grainy photographs do not prove anything. Unicorns are real though.

Minority Observer84

Theism Exorcist
Sep 26, 2006
The Capitol
No , i doubt it , if bigfoot was real someone would have caught one by now don't you think ?
The Photo's and prints are not conclusive evidence . Now If bigfoot existed i would think they are an evolutionary cousin of humanity far closer to us than apes .

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The "real" Bigfoot!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Bigfoot, the Sasquatch, the abominable snowman, the Yeti all have left nothing but their footprints in the snow to prove their existence. We have had a good number of serious investigations that have turned up nothing. Surely, if an animal the size of a large primate was living in our mountain forests, we would have some tangible artifact, bones, or something, but we have nothing. I would like there to be a "Bigfoot" out there, but I'm afraid "Bigfoot" is a pipe dream just like the Loch Ness Monster and Ogopogo,

triedit

inimitable
If not Bigfoot, then what is it? (And thanks for posting this)

Hundreds of sane, respectible people all over the world have reported seeing a man shaped ape that walks upright. Not SOMETIMES upright, but PRIMARILY upright. Footprints showing a large foot that has an aligned big toe like man instead of an offset one. Something seems to be there.

As discussed in the evolution topic, many species of animals and insects have evolved hardly at all, but rather adapted to thier changing surroundings. Could it be that in the remotest parts of the world there is some "missing link" in the evolutionary trail that adapted instead of evolved?

The lack of skeltal remains and feces suggests they have a sense of self--that remains and scat are burried. Unless, of course, there are findings of apes in North America and that as yet has not been proven either.

So we're in a quandry. If this isn't bigfoot, what is it so many people have been seeing?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If not Bigfoot, then what is it? (And thanks for posting this)

Hundreds of sane, respectible people all over the world have reported seeing a man shaped ape that walks upright. Not SOMETIMES upright, but PRIMARILY upright. Footprints showing a large foot that has an aligned big toe like man instead of an offset one. Something seems to be there.

As discussed in the evolution topic, many species of animals and insects have evolved hardly at all, but rather adapted to thier changing surroundings. Could it be that in the remotest parts of the world there is some "missing link" in the evolutionary trail that adapted instead of evolved?

The lack of skeltal remains and feces suggests they have a sense of self--that remains and scat are burried. Unless, of course, there are findings of apes in North America and that as yet has not been proven either.

So we're in a quandry. If this isn't bigfoot, what is it so many people have been seeing?

The lack of evidence is the big problem. Where do they live?...Do they live in caves?.... What do they eat?..............Do they use fire?........Do they use tools?.....Nobody knows.

It is hard to discount the presumably honest witnesses who report seeing these things, but the lack of other evidence is tiresome.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It’s one of those things that so far hasn’t been proven conclusively and won’t be until at least skeletal remains are found,…….and a negative can’t be proven.

From personal experience, I have seen Black bears walk fair distances on their hind legs and on one occasion if I hadn’t had a pair of binoculars I would have thought it was a man…….and later the tracks in the black muck looked amazingly man like.

I won’t go as far as saying it’s impossible but I’m a skeptic

triedit

inimitable
Skepticism is the best! A true skeptic is someone with an open mind, not a disbeliever. (Look it up)

I consider myself a skeptic too. Ive just taken a job as director of Cryptozoology with PSICAN and bigfoot (and loch ness et al) come under my department. Our goal is not to prove or defend thier existence, just to investigate the possibility. Interesting work!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Skepticism is the best! A true skeptic is someone with an open mind, not a disbeliever. (Look it up)

I consider myself a skeptic too. Ive just taken a job as director of Cryptozoology with PSICAN and bigfoot (and loch ness et al) come under my department. Our goal is not to prove or defend thier existence, just to investigate the possibility. Interesting work!

8O Holy shades of X-Files, triedit - your job must be fascinating!

Will you be able to share any investigative findings with us?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Yeah I don't see why not. Im just getting started in July though when my next book is supposed to go to print. I really am better versed on Ghosts and Hauntings. Ive been working those for about 5 years now.

Will you be making a show like PSI Factor?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Yeah I don't see why not. Im just getting started in July though when my next book is supposed to go to print. I really am better versed on Ghosts and Hauntings. Ive been working those for about 5 years now.

Have you visited any haunted buildings in Ontario?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Do you believe in the tiger? Not many of them around you know. How about the elephant? They have a remarkable attention when it comes to bones and death, even to go off to some specified place to finish up. Though not all make it, many do and those still alive mull over these boneyards with some sense of understanding.

The last T Rex died when? We found them. Woolly Mammoth to now extinct, we found them. We found our own ancestors from thousands of years ago. We found things in the deepest depths of the oceans and both poles, in volcanoes and upon the highest mountains.

We've been to the moon a few times now.

Not one single bone.
Not a single part of some alien.
Not a single piece off an alien spaceship.

All that there has ever been in regard to these mysteries, boils down to accepting someones word for it.

what are the chances?

Well there are still dinosaurs found that has thus far been unknown to us.
We find new species all the time even now we haven't manages to record and document creatures that have been collect so far.
Is it possible for a whole group like Bigfoot to remain undetected for this long with as intense and prolonged search as we've had?

If there are smart why aren't they eating the easy meals out of the garbage like all kinds of other creatures. We even do it ourselves. So how does "smart" equal not getting the easy meat when it is available? Doesn't every other successful species do just that naturally?

The good old fish tale.

Nothing wrong with telling a good story and in fact most people will enjoy that so much that it's a favourite memory from their youth, or something they will fondly remember about a cherished elder that has passed away.

Does it really matter how big the fish was? "A little white lie" never hurt anyone, right? So Loch Ness has Nessie, Lake Okanagan has the Ogopogo and the Bigfoot stories are every bit as interesting. Honestly, if there is no monster in Lochness no one is harmed. If there is, well no one has been harmed that way either. Not that they can prove anyway. ;)

And so as life would have it, it's usually the simplest thing thats true. Which is probably there is no such thing but it's sure fun talking about it and speculating as wildly as you want about all the aspects if it were.

Like all the other great things we tell to children when they are young, to help with teaching morals or get them to behave or even just to have some fun, it connects us together and there is never any harm in that.

Now some great beastie could jump out of the woodwork tomorrow and make me eat my words, I`ll be happy to give it a good looking over for authenticity, but I`m confident that will not happen.

triedit

inimitable
We don't do the shows. We sometimes get called in to consult. I did one for SciFi/Space last August called "SciFi Investigates: Mothman" and just got back from Kentucky where I did some PR stuff at Waverly Hills Sanitorium for a new show (has aired in the US and will start in Canada in July) called Celebrity Paranormal Project. It's fun, but it's a lot of serious work too.

triedit

inimitable
Unforgiven--

You may well be right, but in the past few decades many creatures have been discovered that were unknown to science. What about the Komodo dragon? (1912) and the Giant Squid? (2004) I think to say there is nothing left to verify is extremely naive. New footage of Nessie has come out just last week.

This earth still has, in my opinion, great wonders yet discovered.

triedit

inimitable
Have you visited any haunted buildings in Ontario?
I have visited many places in the GTA which may be haunted, if hauntings can be said to exist. Ive visited far more whose phenomena can be explained quite easily. I would say a good place to start when looking for information would be www.torontoghosts.org There is also a BC branch and a Quebec branch. At one time we were in all provinces and three US states, but we cut away some folks a few years ago who weren't producing and amalgamated under a parent organization PSICAN (www.psican.org) which is not for profit. We're all volunteers. The course is free online to become an investigator. I don't know if they are taking anyone in Toronto but Im certain the rest of the country could use a few more souls.