Canada's New Government: Beyond Protofascism

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Busy day yesterday. Thank you, Stephen Harper, for standing in Commons and stepping out and showing your true colours twice in two minutes.

Militarism:
PMSH said:
Mr. Speaker, once again, the Minister of National Defence is a veteran of the Canadian Forces. He has served this country courageously in uniform for 32 years. When the Leader of the Opposition is able to stand in uniform and serve his country, then I will care about his opinion of the performance of the Minister of National Defence.

Nationalism:
PMSH said:
Mr. Speaker, I will just say that it is true I have never served in the armed forces. I consider that an experience that I have missed in my life, but I can say that I have always lived and worked and paid my taxes in this country.

and from out of Cabinet, as reported, Corporatism
CN said its biggest objection to the government plan was over a proposal to allow shippers to pursue final arbitration in rate and service disputes as a group [emphasis mine] rather than individually as at present.

:salute:

and the beat goes on.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
So,

He should not consider experience and knowledge of subject matter to be a requirement for taking criticism rationally or its militarism.

As the government of Canada they should encourage emigration and not paying your taxes or they are blind nationalists (heaven forbid the prime minister of his country like his country)

And allowing people to form a union of their own choice is blind corporatism. (I noticed how you did not emphasise they already get final arbitration individually)

You're stretching things more than a little bit to find a case.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Only ex-military can criticize ex-military, only people who never work outside the country are worthy citizens and corporate collectives constitute a "union"?

heh

don't let ME change your mind.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
That's one way to look at it, but would you be opposed if he said you should have to have taught students before you're opinions are given as much weight to the minister of education?

I also don't' recall him saying there was anything bad with working outside the country, though I can see many issues with problems such as brain drain.

I also don't see why a business (and not all are corporations, many are partnerships or proprietors) should be given less right to join a union environment than an individual worker.

A worker is in his own right a proprietor of a business involved in selling his time after all.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So,

And allowing people to form a union of their own choice is blind corporatism. (I noticed how you did not emphasise they already get final arbitration individually)

The quote he enphasised has nothing to do with unions. It has to do with grain terminals in AB and SK having some power against the railway or something simular. I read about it here yesterday. I don't see what the big deal is. Seems if Harper announced that the sky is blue, there would be people complaining about it.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
That's one way to look at it, but would you be opposed if he said you should have to have taught students before you're opinions are given as much weight to the minister of education?...

"as much"?

If you really want to extend Steve's sentiment to another context, try "any".

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I also don't see why a business (and not all are corporations, many are partnerships or proprietors) should be given less right to join a union environment than an individual worker.

I realize that.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
"When the Leader of the Opposition is able to stand in uniform and serve his country, then I will care about his opinion of the performance of the Minister of National Defence."

"Mr. Speaker, I will just say that it is true I have never served in the armed forces"

Does that mean Harper doesn't care about his own opinion? :lol: