Ethics committee delving into Afghan human rights

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Tories hold up committee delving into Afghan human rights
...The Tory filibuster finally broke after five hours and the witnesses were allowed to speak around 2 p.m.

Not that the systematic constipation of The Hill is news. Wanted to mention that I tuned in to the hearing. So far the most significant part of the testimony I've heard is that the correspondence between the professors and Access to Information indicates clearly that our ever vigilant PMO never recieved a copy of the report that was eventually leaked. Guess it has something to do with supporting our troops.

there are none so blind...

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Yep, THIS is "transparency and accountability" in action. I suppose this is the "see noe evil, hear no evil" brand of accountability- a bit more like "plausible deniability" to my way of thinking but oh well

Support the Troops AND the "mission"!!! What they don't know they can't be blamed for, after all (and seriously, I think this is more of a betrayal of the supposedly "supported" troops- funny how Harper can screw everyone all at once on this particular issue)

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...What they don't know they can't be blamed for...

There's a little something called due diligence that in my mind at least must be demonstrated to merit continuing in a role of responsibility.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Oh I understand that- but seeing as I have been called names for asking questions as a single intelligent civilian, I can imagine that most folks find it "diligent" to keep their mouths shut if they know what's good for 'em..

Again, the Orwellian version of "accountability"

I'm sure whoever finds any dirt on the Government in this will either "have ties to the Liberals" and get led away in handcuffs or else suddenly be treated to a whole parade of skeletons from a closet- ad hominem attacks are pretty much all the Cons have left if any of the current allegations prove true

I truly hope the whole truth comes out on this since as Canadians we are ALL RESPONSIBLE for what we do globally and I SURE AS HELL do NOT approve in any way shape or form with much of what appears to be happening in "our" name

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Don't be expecting the namecalling to stop any time soon. Its fuelled by a very interesting facet of human nature.