Kent State killings - New info released [F.O.I]

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/07/1021/

The "Freedom of Information Act" [USA] provided some interesting tidbits this week about the Kent State Killings. Republican supporters [and conservatives everywhere] are surely eating their shorts today as this embarressing news comes out. That is one criminal bunch of freaks operating as a political party.

The media is also "outed" as an arm of the political powers of the day, having obediently portraying these murders of college kids as "just a reaction to violent protests", which , as the new info shows, was not true: It was a planned execution to send a message to other protesters of the Cambodia bombings.

----------

Karlin.

Last edited by a moderator:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
45th Anniversary of Kent State

'My God! They're Killing Us': Newsweek's 1970 Coverage of the Kent State Shooting

http://www.newsweek.com/my-god-theyre-killing-us-our-1970-coverage-kent-state-328108

Forty-five years ago today—on May 4, 1970—members of the Ohio National Guard fired on unarmed student protesters at Kent State, killing four and seriously injuring nine others. The horrific massacre is regarded as a historic moment of public unrest during the Vietnam War. Below is Newsweek's report from the May 18, 1970, issue.

Kent State University, in the rolling green hills of northeastern Ohio, seems the very model of a modern, Middle American university. Until last year, the most vicious outbreak of violence there was a 1958 panty raid launched against two women's dormitories, which resulted in the prompt dismissal of 29 students. Recently, the radical spirit had begun to drift over the 790-acre campus—but only a fraction of the school's 19,000 students was affected. Antiwar rallies attracted no more than 300 people at best, and even the appearance of Jerry Rubin of the Chicago Seven drew only about 1,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Your drama and angst aside bud, it seems nobody gave much of a sh!t about this thread. Not to mention it was posted in the Canadian Political forum.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Your drama and angst aside bud, it seems nobody gave much of a sh!t about this thread. Not to mention it was posted in the Canadian Political forum.

interesting moderator method of encouraging member thread creation! :mrgreen:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
interesting moderator method of encouraging member thread creation! :mrgreen:

Bingo!

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Ok boys, don't wet yourselves. You know exactly what I meant. An 8 year-old necro thread with nary a response. Nobody cared then and few care now. Have a nice day though. :smile:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Tina Fey, 'Meet the Parents' director Jay Roach developing movie about Kent State shootings
WENN.com
First posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 11:09 PM EDT | Updated: Sunday, October 15, 2017 11:18 PM EDT
Actress Tina Fey has reunited with former co-star Jay Roach to develop a movie about the Kent State University shootings in Ohio in 1970.
The former 30 Rock star will produce 67 Shots with Roach, who will also serve as director.
The project will be written by Stephen Belber and will be based on Howard Means’ book 67 Shots: Kent State and the End of American Innocence.
The film was first put into development by Fey’s husband Jeff Richmond, who attended the college, where four students were killed after 29 guardsmen from the Ohio National Guard fired 67 shots into a crowd of Vietnam War protesters.
“It is a cautionary tale,” Roach said. “Kent State was a big event for me, and I remember arguing with my dad about it when I was about 13. There was a prevailing movement in the country, they measured it with polls, where the vast majority of Americans blamed the students for what happened... We have footage of people on the streets, saying, ‘I wish they’d shot them all, I wish they had machine guns’.”
Fey and Roach previously worked together on 2015 film Sisters.
Tina Fey, 'Meet the Parents' director Jay Roach developing movie about Kent Stat