Most Animal Rights Activists Support Abortions.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Why do these animal rights people fight to save a life of Fluffy and Rover but will stand by while baby Jane is forcefully being ripped from the womb in pieces while her heart is still beating.

Last year there was uproar that two young boys video taped a cat they found being skinned alive and put the videotape on a video sharing web site.

People were mad, demanded that those boys be put into prison for the major crime that they did.

Abortion doctors who kill babies on a regular bases they are respected people in society.

Abortion doctor’s techniques have come a long way and they are more efficient at killing babies.

These doctors will even kill a baby in the third trimester.

I just can’t understand why society is standing by and allowing women to legally kill their babies and complain when dogs and cats die needlessly.

We all have to remember that the Conservative party support abortions

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Most animal rights activists are also right handed. They live in houses. They speak a language of some kind.

So what?

Some animal rights activists are left handed. They live in apartments. Some voted for Bush.

So what?

What does one issue have to do with another - draw some conclusions and maybe we have something to write about.

Pangloss

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
A dog and a cat have been born, are alive, and live on the earth.

An 'early' abortion takes away an embryo, which has not been born, and is not alive on the earth.

Simple facts.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
Most animal rights activists are also right handed. They live in houses. They speak a language of some kind.

So what?

Some animal rights activists are left handed. They live in apartments. Some voted for Bush.

So what?

What does one issue have to do with another - draw some conclusions and maybe we have something to write about.

Pangloss

The point he is making (I'm not sure if it is ture) is that animal rights activists value the life of a puppy over a fetus.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
s243a

I am guessing the same - I just want it written so I can tear that argument to little tiny pieces. But I doubt the original poster will be so honest to come out and say that. Plus, it is an impossible connection to make - unless the argument is entirely within the realm of personal belief.

How do you counter, "I believe the pro-choice community cares more for kittens than humans."? Or even "I believe the pro-choice community cares more for humans than kittens."?

These are personal statements that can only be verified by lots of study or an exhaustive survey. Neither of which has either been done or received wide publication.

Pangloss

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
We all have to remember that the Conservative party support abortions
WTF, The conservatives have been portrayed for years as the big bad party that will take away a woman's right to choose. But, because they are not doing the exact thing that they are vilified for supposedly wanting to do ,you are dumping on them. INCREDIBLE. Getting back to the original point,this is the same hypocritical thought process that allows one to march for human rights while demanding our troops, who are fighting for the human rights of others,to stop fighting for those same human rights. It is mind boggling.It is much easier to chant and protest about issues that do not directly affect your cafe au lait(and feel superior about it) than to actually do anything positive. This is the ongoing hypocrisy of the liberals and the the left. Your post is a good example of this total illogical thought process,blaming others for your own shortcomings.

Last edited:

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I'm not a huge fan of abortion...but I am a fan of choice. I believe women should have the choice to have control over their own bodies. Much of the time, especially in cases where an abortion pill is used, we are not talking about a baby...we are talking about a small smattering of cells. What I can't figure out is why people fight so hard to protect these small smatterings of cells....yet stand by not saying anything while thousands upon thousands of fully formed, living, feeling creatures are destroyed every day, or forced to live inhumane conditions until they are ready to be slaughtered for consumption. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Most people will head home from an anti abortion rally and sit down to a big dinner that centres around the flesh of a creature that most likely suffered tremendously to get there...and yet are up in arms about the idea of a collection of cells being removed from a womens reproductive system. Baaaaaa...it's all nuts I tell ya.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Good point,I take it you are a vegan,right. If so,good for you,you walk the walk as well as talk the talk.I relish in being on top of the food chain. BTW,I have worked in a slaughterhouse and the cattle and hogs suffered very little,except when the cattle were being slaughtered under the kosher rules.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Good point,I take it you are a vegan,right. If so,good for you,you walk the walk as well as talk the talk.I relish in being on top of the food chain. BTW,I have worked in a slaughterhouse and the cattle and hogs suffered very little,except when the cattle were being slaughtered under the kosher rules.
Yaaaa...slaughtering...that sounds nice and gentle there. You have seen how many animals...particularily pigs and chickens live until the point they are slaughtered, I trust? Can you HONESTLY say that no animal has suffered in a slaughterhouse? If so...are you even paying attention to your surroundings?

You relish in being at the top of the food chain all you want...I am trying to make a point about the original post, and comparing animal rights activists against anti abortion activists. I am trying to point out that just as an argument can be made about hypcrisy from his point of view, a strong case can be made for hypocrisy from the opposite point of view. Both sides abortion and animal slaughter have their inhumane sides...however, both can be argued as being necessary, to a point. So, before you go on about walking walks, take a look at the actual posts and the argument.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
I am not saying that they do not suffer. I am saying they suffer very little. I have been there,I have participated in the demise(a kinder and gentler word)of many cattle and hogs. I do understand your argument,have you read my post objectively? Do you HONESTLY think that pigs and chickens actually look at thier surroundings and are pining for the babbling brooks and open pastures of thier ancestors?

typingrandomstuff

Duration_Improvate
True or rumours?

Did you do a survey to get this information? What is the sampling population? How old are they? What do they like? Doctors are suppose to give the best advice to the patient so the patient will be healthy. They are not suppose to put in opinions unless they say something like: "I believe....". In the end, the patient still gets to choose what to do.

It may be just rumours or it may be half-true. The best way to find out is to do a survery.

As for animal rights and human rights, I just hope both sides don't suffer from headaches. If you do, take a break.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007
I can't believe that Liberalman is comparing abortion to animal-rights. That's just insane.

Pangloss is right, they have nothing to do with one another!!!!

You want to talk about hypocracy??? Bush and he fellow Evangelical's don't believe in abortion...why??? ALL life is sacred. Yet, more people were executed in Texas under Bush than any other govenor. So...not ALL life then...just the ones they say.

Sorry...off topic, but seriously...this is just silly.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I am not saying that they do not suffer. I am saying they suffer very little. I have been there,I have participated in the demise(a kinder and gentler word)of many cattle and hogs. I do understand your argument,have you read my post objectively? Do you HONESTLY think that pigs and chickens actually look at thier surroundings and are pining for the babbling brooks and open pastures of thier ancestors?
Well...I don't think that they are loving the idea of heading into a slaughterhouse.

Anyway, I think quality of slaughterhouses may differ...is this a fair thing to say? It sounds like maybe the slaughterhouse you worked for had a...I dunno...better attitude? There are other slaughterhouses that, I don't believe are...very...um...humane. Not that anything associated with the word slaughter could be...humane...:) Anyway....I digress.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I can't believe that Liberalman is comparing abortion to animal-rights. That's just insane.

Pangloss is right, they have nothing to do with one another!!!!

You want to talk about hypocracy??? Bush and he fellow Evangelical's don't believe in abortion...why??? ALL life is sacred. Yet, more people were executed in Texas under Bush than any other govenor. So...not ALL life then...just the ones they say.

Sorry...off topic, but seriously...this is just silly.
I dunno...I think it is a decent comparison and an interesting topic...although I never like how liberalman words things. I have thought of this issue before...so, it's interesting to actually discuss it.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
First, as I said on another thread, "liberalman" is not the liberal he claims to be.

Second, while I am a pro-lifer, it must be remembered that it was the Republican majority of the USA Supreme Court who legalized nationwide abortion in Roe and affirmed that decision in Casey.

Tim Hamilton

May 6, 2007
A dog and a cat have been born, are alive, and live on the earth.

An 'early' abortion takes away an embryo, which has not been born, and is not alive on the earth.

Simple facts.

So simple and yet you managed to get them wrong.

It hasn't been born, you are correct about that, but it is indeed "alive" and we don't send pregnant women to mars, so they must be "on the earth".

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
So simple and yet you managed to get them wrong.

It hasn't been born, you are correct about that, but it is indeed "alive" and we don't send pregnant women to mars, so they must be "on the earth".

Ok, just my inability to be 'perfect' when putting pen to paper, (OK, I know this is not a pen), you
know exactly what I meant, and so does everyone else who doesn't want to knit pick, so we'll just
leave it there.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Is there any controversial position that can't be shown as hypocritical? I've yet to find one. Have all those in favor of capital punishment switched to pro-choice? I must've missed the press conference.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Kreskin:

Now you know this makes no sense:

Is there any controversial position that can't be shown as hypocritical? I've yet to find one.

Of course there is no synonymous relationship between these two words. Copernicus was hypocritical? Not from my reading. Darwin? Nope. Martin Luther - not that I can tell.

'Course I could be wrong.

Pangloss