Our Soldier's Blood Is On Harper’s Hands

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Since the Conservative party extension and change to a combative role in Afghanistan six of our brave Canadian soldiers have died.

Stephen Harper is learning that stupid decisions costs lives.

He just cannot blame it on the Conservative party because he is the leader and commander and chief he made the decision to go with the party to set our soldiers up for this suicide mission.

He didn’t bother to try to pressure the other NATO countries to send their troops to help in the fight he did not even try to work out a deal with his master George Bush Jr.

That is what deadlines are for, it is to evaluate the mission and re-negotiate the terms of engagement and if none of the NATO countries wanted to help then when the deadline comes and you don’t have a deal, then you pull out.

But you would get a deal from the country whose soldiers would have to be deployed to where the troops are pulled out.

I thought Stephen Harper was a Christian does he not get down on his knees and pray to his GOD.

Does he not pray for leadership and guidance, if he did he would not be making so many stupid decisions and that put our brave men in women in harms way.

I hope he calls an election soon it is time for the Conservative party to go back to the opposition side and learn some more.

Reactions: GenGap

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
It was a Liberal decision to send our troops there in the first place. Harper at least is giving the forces the equipment they need, unlike the two twits who preceeded him as PM.

fallenark

Apr 18, 2007
:p

firs tof all alot off people dont realize were still fighting with weapons that were made in the 50's-70's. are warfare is falling behind. also those middle easty people attacked us ( we are united with america, like brothers) they always have. people are so damn stupid now adays and dont realize we didnt jsut start fighting with them out of the blue and dicided to go to random war we've been fighting the middle east for thousands of years. also that country has been in civil war for hundreds and hundreds of years and there screwing everyone up around them. atleast with saddam he ran that country with an iron fist and if you opposed them your dead. that was trueally the only way to get those people off of each other. (not saying suddam was a good guy)
my only word are READ YOUR HISTORY YOU DUMB PEOPLE and that coming from a 14 year old : P

fallenark

Apr 18, 2007
also

also we should get are ass in gear and stop the afghans before they **** everything up more then they already have! every soldier lost we thank them and pray for them but this is a job that needs to be done for the face of man kind. they have nuclear weapons, they attacked and scud bombed innocent people and are hurting everyone around them. if we do nothing and stand bye it will only get worse. they need to be stopped

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
also we should get are ass in gear and stop the afghans before they **** everything up more then they already have! every soldier lost we thank them and pray for them but this is a job that needs to be done for the face of man kind. they have nuclear weapons, they attacked and scud bombed innocent people and are hurting everyone around them. if we do nothing and stand bye it will only get worse. they need to be stopped

I take it you'll be registering then for the Canadian Forces the moment you're of legal age?

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
It was a Liberal decision to send our troops there in the first place. Harper at least is giving the forces the equipment they need, unlike the two twits who preceeded him as PM.

That's a pretty weak statement to make Walter, even for you. Can you say anything without trying to tie blame to the Liberals?

We sent troops there because of 9/11/01. Last I checked it is 04/18/07. A lot, and I mean a lot has changed in Afghanistan since then. Regardless of who sent them, it is the job of the current PM, regardless of his or her political affiliation, to take action to bring the troops home. Saying everything is peachy keen and we can keep them there just because Jean Chretien signed off on it six years ago is childish and completely without merit - period. Besides, I thought everything the Liberals did was wrong, according to our wonderful supreme overlords; why are the troops not only still there on a Liberal accord, but being committed for even longer? Those nice new flak jackets certainly aren't being of much use to those blown up by road side bombs, but at least Stevie cares, right?

Reactions: GenGap

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

re-runs

I didn't see Paul Martin holding a gun anybody's head when Harper announced his intention to unilaterally extend the mission to February 08 regardless of mandate from the Commons.

The Liberal commitment to Afghanistan was until February of this year.

its over

if you're so proud of Harper's actions then wear it and stop trying to pass it off.

and Hillier said the troops had everthing they need. take it up with him.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
"Our Soldier's Blood Is On Harper’s Hands "
And who are the people that vote in gov'ts? It is we that are responsible in the bottom line.

don't look at me. I voted NDP.

I can only WISH I could be whining about how they're not sending enough gun powder to whatever they would have set up in place of the fiasco we've got now.

btw, check the Green's policy on the military yet? I'm a jaw jaw kind of guy but even I think its hilarious.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Well, when I look here at some news from Octorber 2001, it seems we went into Afghanistan in a combat role, going in as an act of war, from the get go.
We did this, 5, nearing 6 years ago, long before the conservatives even had a shot in power.
Give him a break, he has no control over the running of the war. Thats a miltary issue. He didn't start, all that he is doing is choosing not to stop it.

But hey, SOOO much has changed in afghanistan since then.

The Taliban are still around, the government still can't exert control, the warlords and drug runners are still fighting amonst each other.
So really, not all that much has changed.
Here is a thought, if you are military, post how you feel about risking your life, if not, zip your whine hole.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Well, when I look here at some news from Octorber 2001, it seems we went into Afghanistan in a combat role, going in as an act of war, from the get go.
We did this, 5, nearing 6 years ago, long before the conservatives even had a shot in power.
Give him a break, he has no control over the running of the war. Thats a miltary issue. He didn't start, all that he is doing is choosing not to stop it.

The Taliban are still around, the government still can't exert control, the warlords and drug runners are still fighting amonst each other.
Here is a thought, if you are military, post how you feel about risking your life, if not, zip your whine hole.
I pay my taxes and I'll comment on the actions of my employees if I damn well please but if it makes you feel better I think you're a very scary person. oooh.

The Canadian troops went into Kabul AFTER the non-NATO OEF combat operations had secured the area.

and if all he's doing is choosing to not stop it that would make him a brainless twit so there must be a kernel of truth in that remark after all. thanks for the heads up.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

None of the failures you mention are in fact failures Zarkofvz, if any success were actually instituted in those areas stability would break out a situation which would destroy or at least complicate the actual requirments of the mission that being security of the Gaz opipeline route from the Caspian sea and active denial of the resources of the region to none western interests ie the people of same region. Your understanding of the conflict is not at all up to snuff. You shouldn't take so much time off from school.

fallenark

Apr 18, 2007
I take it you'll be registering then for the Canadian Forces the moment you're of legal age?
ive for some reason heard that alot, truth is the people giving them support sending them care and reasources are just as important as the people who are fighting there. war isnt a 1 man show. me myself i hope that in 4 years when i hit 18 that the war will be over and maybe jsut maybe we can have a little peace. i say we get the job done but we are doing it in a improper way and if we want to trueally stopp the war we have to unite with the countries around us. if the war isnt over bye then then ill do extra volenteer work and help my country in a time of need. im not a fighter and i dont think i ever will be. i would never put pressure on someone to risk there life bye makeing people have to get the idea that they have to fight. but fo the people who are they have my fullest support.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
If I put my kids in day camp only to discover later its being run by bozos I'd be an idiot to think putting an extra cookie in their lunchbucket and calling it support is going to make up for it.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
That's a pretty weak cop-out, if you ask me. Not but yesterday you were using statements like "they need to be stopped" and "we should get are [sic] ass in gear" and the kicker, "also those middle easty people attacked us ( we are united with america, like brothers) they always have...".

You can't have it both ways; it's funny because those who (like you) are always the most gung-ho about going into battle and playing politics with heroics are always those who are first in line with the excuses and the redundancy why they should be excluded from actually having to do anything they propose (again, like you). It's Monday night quarterbacking with the innocent on all sides, and it's sad. Oh, and those who oppose the war also support the troops, it's not a one-sided phenomenon; the only difference is, we'd like to see them come home on a plane with a seatbelt keeping them in place, not a pine box with a flag draping it.

Luckily, when you said that the "truth is the people giving them support sending them care and resources are just as important as the people who are fighting there," it let me know that you are more full of rhetorical crap than is worth rebutting. Our soldiers, like you have now, had peace in Canada. They have valiantly put their peace on hold to try and bring that same sense of calm, easiness and prosperity to others; how dare you to push them further in an unattainable conflict while you cheer lead on the side.

On top of that, you made several purely false statements in your original little rant, most notably that the Afghans have nuclear weapons (which is wrong on two counts, since they don't, and it's the Taliban insurgents Canada is there fighting, not the Afghan people). Considering you called people dumb for not knowing their history, it's ridiculously hypocritical that you didn't heed your own advice, and in your words, "READ YOUR HISTORY YOU DUMB PEOPLE and that coming from a [25 year old]. : P"

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Funny how Liberal supporters never complained about soldiers being killed while they were under the Liberal party's mandate but as soon as that day passed, magically the soldiers lives mean something greater.

Give me a break.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Funny how Liberal supporters never complained about soldiers being killed while they were under the Liberal party's mandate but as soon as that day passed, magically the soldiers lives mean something greater.

Give me a break.

yeah that's right. Liberal supporters were pleased as punch when that American fighter pilot blew them out of their foxhole.:roll:

have some respect:angryfire:

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Talking about how your employees perform is one thing Bitwhys, thats your right. A soldier is paid to fight, that is his job. Go to boot, they stress that day one. You are not peace keepers, you are soldiers.
So, it is your place to complain if they aren't fighting, or if you don't think you need to have a soldier in the first place, or if you don't think soldiers should be assigned there because its not a good use of your money.
When you try and bring guilt and emotion about them dying in, then you should shut the hell up. That isn't your business and you don't pay for that. While you can have an opinion (like a-holes, everyones got one), when it comes to who has their blood on their hands, its for them to decide not you , the armchair general.
Listen to your own advice.