Climate Debate Secrecy - Alarms enviros

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://tinyurl.com/28cytw
Climate Debate Kept Secret
Campbell alters law to make policy discussions private

--------------

That headline sums it up, but read it all if you want.
Whats not said is WHY the Campbell Govt. wants secrecy for the ministers dealing with global warming.

I would suggest that it is for stalling. Delaying the start of emissions reductions is all that the corporate oil and gas people are asking Campbell for, and that is what he will give them. It is fairly obvious that if Campbell was taking the threat of climate change seriously, he would absolutely want all the free and open input that he could find.

Instead, he is taking his cues from the polluters who are stealing our future by making earth UN-inhabitable except for the very wealthy classes.We absolutely need to replace him next election, and we will because most BC citizens are taking global warming seriously.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I'm definitely not a Campbull fan by a looooooong shot, but replace him with who? I certainly don't want another Dipper gov't, so that would leave someone needed to take over Campbull's chair in the Liberal gov't. No other party is hefty enough to grab the reins..

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Nice. Shell also invest a fair bit in alternative research.
Unfortunately I can't see why we really need to burn things like gasoline, biodiesel, ethanol, etc. in the first place anymore. I think electricity should be the propulsive force behind most vehicles.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Nice. Shell also invest a fair bit in alternative research.
Unfortunately I can't see why we really need to burn things like gasoline, biodiesel, ethanol, etc. in the first place anymore. I think electricity should be the propulsive force behind most vehicles.
Hmm. Why not ethanol? I don't know too much about it but I thought that ethanol was a good alternative to fossil fuels.
Is ethanol just as harmful to the environment?

youwho

Dec 1, 2004
There is a case for delaying policy changes until China commits to targets, but it's a weak one.