Gilles Duceppe = 1st President of Quebec

CDN87

Nominee Member
Dec 24, 2006
http://tinyurl.com/2ff54r

Quebec's plan is simple:

Andre Boisclair steps down with Gilles Duceppe taking the reigns.
Win back power in 2008 by forcing this current minority into confidence vote.
Draft up a referendum in 2010.
Have the referendum passed and voted on by the public.
Draft up a constitution before 2012.

I'd say this is most likely to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
So the plan is to be useless and allow other parties' support to grow, until surprising the other parties with a coup that makes the country independent, all within the next five years? That's not a gamble I'd like to stake any credibility to; I'd be shocked if that plan got to even implement step two. Fact is, the good people of Montreal will keep Quebec a part of Canada for generations to come.

They must be reading from the Liberal playbook then; I think it's the latest chapter, entitled "doing ass-backwards politics that sets the party back at a time they need to be moving forward against a rising Conservative movement."

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Separitism will never die...

We will have another rise in it by 2010.

I think what should happen is, Montreal should break off from the rest of Quebec and create a connector between Ontario and the Martimes with Montreal in that equation, and the rest goes independent and has a war with the Natives..

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Separitism will never die...

We will have another rise in it by 2010.

I think what should happen is, Montreal should break off from the rest of Quebec and create a connector between Ontario and the Martimes with Montreal in that equation, and the rest goes independent and has a war with the Natives..

The separatists came in third. The next majority government in Quebec will likely be ADQ. Separatism is on the way out.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
The separatists came in third. The next majority government in Quebec will likely be ADQ. Separatism is on the way out.

You wish!

I'll only believe Quebec seperatism is over when Quebec will sign onto the Constitution once and for all, and we are not there yet...

30% of the Quebec population DIDN'T vote in this election. That's actually more than those who voted for the party in power... The results could have been dramatically different, had we had a participation as strong as the 1995 referendum which was close to 95%... This is a good indicator of how Quebec society is divided and especially confused right now. Never has national identity been so unclear... It's pretty unstable and it wouldn't take much to see some more big twists in Quebec politics.

Last edited:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I would hold my breath and watch the ADQ factor. It may mean people want a sensible government for a change. This LIBERAL to PQ thing is getting old we want new Ideas the old ones are more for getting reelected than anything else.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
then he can be crowned with that stupid hair net from years past!!!

The seperatist movement will never die.. sad but true, At the moment it is on life support but it will actually be English Canada that will revive it.. Someone somewhere will either dis Quebec, pull some funding, or slight them in some perceived way and it will al rear it's ugly head again... It works in their favour to be alway on the edge of staying or leaving. Squeaky wheels get grease...Quebec loves grease!!