Fat cops and donots

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Working as a security guard a while back a girl at a donot shop told me that when cops buy their donots they do not weat their uniforms. They are afraid of being called fat donot eaters.

This attitude is justified from the public. Women do feel safe walking the streets at night as police no longer walk the beat. Cops like to spend time in their big cool cruisers and respond to crime, rather than prevent it. Most people feel the bad guys have the run of the streets and not the law.

Cops in Vancouver whine that when the arrest people they are thrown back on the street within days. Too much white collar effeteness here. If cops no longer wish to enforce the law they can work at 7-11 or Labour Ready. It is not the job of cops to worry about the courts, that is why we have politicians.

whicker

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
Ontario
Personally speaking. When I worked in a donut shop I was more than happy to have the police visit, in uniform or not. Where their presence is visible it might deter some stupid from even thinking about robbing the place.
People are entitled to their opinions and in my opinion it doesn't much matter what the police do they are, in one respect or another wrong -- that is unless they happen to be saving the ungrateful publics ass.
I realize there are good cops and bad and the bad get the publicity but it wouldn't be a pretty place to live in if we didn't have them - in one shape or another.
As for cops 'whining' about the criminal element being back out on the street as soon as the door is closed behind them. They aren't worried about the courts, they are worried about the safety of their lives and of the public they protect. Just try to imagine, if you can, that you get ready to go to work every day not knowing if this is going to be your last because some crook (who has the justice system on his side) is going to blow you apart -- just because he can or, that some sleeze that you arrested selling drugs to a kid is back on the street, because the ahem, justice system is so plugged by lawyers feeding their wallets, and is free to carry on the trade.
Police don't mind enforcing the law, what they mind is being made ineffective by the justice system which makes their job harder than it already is by coddling the criminal element and their lawyers.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Personally speaking. When I worked in a donut shop I was more than happy to have the police visit, in uniform or not. Where their presence is visible it might deter some stupid from even thinking about robbing the place.

I know that most stores and restaurants are happy to have cops in uniform come in.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
So cops have no right to try to change the system? As if. If anyone understands how dangerous some of the people being let back out are, it's the men who arrested them in the first place. They should be complaining, and loudly, about having to risk their necks time and time again with the same violent criminals. If you were working with a piece of machinery at work that kept bunging up and nearly killing you, I think you'd be choked if management refused to help minimize the risk for you. I don't see it as much different for them.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
donut is the american spelling. the original word comes from the fact it's a nought, made of dough. so probably should be doughnought. but even the brits simplified it to doughnuts

lena

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
ab
dump I get your drift but what is your take on it???? frustration is what I see......They work hard...try putting up with an asshole.(if that gets censored I'm really surprised). They go out and do the same crap day after day. How many times has a pedo been released??? how many times has a dope dealer been released???? FRUSTRATION...nothing like getting your hard work belittled. Bleeding hearts will give any asshole a break....

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I don't give a damn how it's spelled, I like em. :)

I feel compelled to post these:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Donut, donought. Round thing, sugary, has a hole in the middle. Sometimes my education is wasted.

Stores and donought shops like the police to hang around, especially at night, or in rough areas. To me the public perception of cops is that they have become too white collar. All cops are now officers, commissioned rank. Good for pay and status, but away from their original image of what I see as formerly regular soldiers doing rough dirty work on the street. Being a cop is not easy and I am glad someone else wants to do it. But when I hear insults of cops as "fat donought eaters" and not wearing their uniform to buy donoughts, I see a problem here.

When I worked near Main and Hastings in Vancouver, there was open drug dealing in front of the Carnegie Library, and the cops would rarely establish a presence to counter this. They hardly ever even walked by to make the drug dealers scatter. I would watch for hours as the druggies made their deals in public and the police were nowhere to be found, and the police station is two blocks away.