Stephane Dion doesn't support withdrawal of Canadian troops from Afghanistan

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
QUEBEC (CP) - Liberal Leader Stephane Dion says the Liberals want to know more about Canada's mission in Afghanistan and how it's working.
Dion said today in Quebec City that he's not in favour of withdrawing Canadian troops in dishonour and wants parliamentary hearings on the mission. Dion says Canadian troops can't be supported effectively if the goals of their mission aren't understood.
The Liberal leader also says Canada needs a clear commitment from its allies in Afghanistan and a commitment from Pakistan to tighten its border.
The Liberals were wrapping up a caucus meeting in Quebec City.

Copyright © 2007 Canadian Press

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
...Dion said today in Quebec City that he's not in favour of withdrawing Canadian troops in dishonour...

heh

cheeky monkey taking advantage of Layton's propensity for putting his foot in his mouth. at least he's playing fair by not pointing fingers.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Funny how he wants to know more about a mission that his government set up??

the mission they set up ends next month and has been successful. that mission was to enable the transition of Kandahar from OEF to ISAF.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Ty bitwhys, that brings some clarity.

I had high hopes for Dion after his "green message" about climate change. The militant talk is not comforting though. I wonder what he really thinks - is he just stalling for time and not really saying what he thinks until the mission ends?

I would like to see Dion come out in favour of bringing our troops home from Afghanistan, and to take a bigger role in protesting Bush's pushes for more military action at every turn. Maybe he will tell us the truth about what is going on there in Iraq , like he has with global warming. It is the same conservative crowd responsible for both.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Oh I dunno. I like Dion and everything but I don't see him stepping too far away from the pack any time soon.

well

maybe to fetch Sparky every once in a while and pull him back into the fold before he hurts himself.

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007
I would like to see Dion come out in favour of bringing our troops home from Afghanistan, and to take a bigger role in protesting Bush's pushes for more military action at every turn.

While im not 100% sure, i think they(liberal) got cheated by Bush. Im not sure because i don't know if we(the people) got cheated by the liberal and bush or if they(liberal) got cheated by Bush and the hard américain right.

But either way, i think we should complete the mission now. Leaving now will hurt afghan in my opinion and hurt us as well.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
But either way, i think we should complete the mission now. Leaving now will hurt afghan in my opinion and hurt us as well.

There isn't a party in Parliament that thinks we should get out and stay out.

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007
There isn't a party in Parliament that thinks we should get out and stay out.

But there is a lot of paty that think we should had stayed out. To not say the whole planet think this beside conservative.

As for myself, i would be possibly agree to go there if i knew the real reason. As long as its not outside economic ou communist reason. But since i don't, i think we should never been there.