Will there be a conservative majority this century?

CDN87

Nominee Member
Dec 24, 2006
Will there be one? I'm tired of all these elections and I hate what the Liberals did with my tax money. Yet I've lost my trust in Harper.

Northboy

Electoral Member
Will there be one? I'm tired of all these elections and I hate what the Liberals did with my tax money. Yet I've lost my trust in Harper.

I think that he will have to articulate his vision of Canada and not keep yapping about what the other guys did..We have been in a constant state of election campaign since the last vote, and I personally am pretty tired of it.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I think that he will have to articulate his vision of Canada and not keep yapping about what the other guys did..We have been in a constant state of election campaign since the last vote, and I personally am pretty tired of it.

Minority governments are constantly in "a state of election campaign" by very definition.

Remember Martin promising everything to everybody?

If you want to see a government actually rule, give the Conservatives a majority.

The Liberals simply haven't had enough time to clean house.......I had (and maintain) hopes that Dion will do so, but the inclusion of Jean the Don as an advisor raises doubts, to say the least.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
I've done a mathematical breakdown that can be located here, CDN87. In it, I reach the conclusion that is almost mathematically impossible for a majority to occur for the Conservatives.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I've done a mathematical breakdown that can be located here, CDN87. In it, I reach the conclusion that is almost mathematically impossible for a majority to occur for the Conservatives.

I'm afraid I can't disagree, a majority will be very difficult for the Conservatives...........but Hope springs eternal...........

RedGreen

Nominee Member
Dec 3, 2006
Nanaimo, BC
I posted this in another thread talking about the coming election. Does anyone think that this would have any value? I discussed it with a friend yesterday and we both thought that it may help governments get an idea of political demographics.

"Just an idea... There should be an area on the ballot where voters can make their 'second choice' if desired. This would not translate into seats or anything. It would just be interresting to see what secondary parties would get support and conversly, which party secondary party voters would choose. Many voters want to vote for other parties, but feel that it is a waste, so they vote strategically (i.e. vote Liberal to keep the conservatives out or vice-versa). This would allow for their second choices to be voiced."