Harper made a deal with the Bloc

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This is so obvious. Harper's minority government has been getting a little thin so he basically gave the Bloc most of what they wanted, for their continued support. On some issues, with the support of the Bloc, Harper will be able to operate like he had a majority. With that little bill on Quebec's nationhood, Harper has insured that support.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
That's the way it is in a democracy. The tail has wagged the dog in Canada for years and Stephe Hapless hopes to insure a good long feast at the trough. This idiot child should be back in school where he can't do any more harm to Canada than he's already managed. Placate America, squirrel away billions for the wealthy and protect the status quo...every conservatives dream...

The Liberal party tried to buy Quebec with money....stupid liberal limited thinking ...

Hapless gives them the toe-hold they'll need to swing another referendum...real currency to quasi-Canadians...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
This is so obvious. Harper's minority government has been getting a little thin so he basically gave the Bloc most of what they wanted, for their continued support. On some issues, with the support of the Bloc, Harper will be able to operate like he had a majority. With that little bill on Quebec's nationhood, Harper has insured that support.

Are you suggesting some backroom deal here?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Absolutely. Harper used the minority situation to keep almost all of his own people in line, and gave the Bloc a gift.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
And somehow this is news, juan?

This could be seen coming "a mile away". Harps isn't a difficult read.

It is funny watching Harps bufoon his way along while unknowingly setting the stage for the changes that are necessary. Sort of like Nero watching Rome burn! :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
And somehow this is news, juan?

This could be seen coming "a mile away". Harps isn't a difficult read.

It is funny watching Harps bufoon his way along while unknowingly setting the stage for the changes that are necessary. Sort of like Nero watching Rome burn! :lol:

Yes, as I said, "it is obvious." Amazing how many don't see it.

BigBen

Dec 16, 2005
How else are they supposed to get anything done? The liberals will always disagree with them for the sake of disagreeing and the NDP don't have enough seats to support them. That leaves Harper with limited other alternatives to stay afloat.

General James Wolfe

Nominee Member
Oct 30, 2006
Stephen Harper reminds me of David Loyd George the Prime Minister of Great Britain who gave Southern Ireland its independence from Great Britain. Stephen Harper is a traitor to Canada by saying that Quebec is a Nation just like David Loyd George who surrenderd Ireland to the IRA. I have said it time and time again democrats are traitors to their nations.

I have hated the traitors who gave up Southern Ireland. Ireland was like Quebec to Great Britain. Tony Blair and his gang of traitors gave Scotland a parliment and Wales a National Assembly and devolved the United Kingdom of Great Britain which I see a crime of High Treason. Devolution is a step to indepence and that is not right.

I am Scottish but I hate the Scottish Nationalist Party and I consider my self British as much as I do Scottish. The Scottish Nationalist Party likes to foget that it was a Scottish Royal Dynasty who united the Kingdoms of England and Scotland togehter (Stuart Dynasty) and the Welsh like to forget that it was a Welsh Dynasty who united the Kingdom of England and the Principality of Wales together (Tudor Dynasty)

Scottish Nationalist Party
Plaid Crymru

are a bunch of traitors who should be punnished, the only punnishment for High Treason is death.

I as a Brition and a Scot will defend the United Kingdom of Great Britain from being torn apart by traitors.

Scotland is a part of the United Kingdom as England and Wales.

I long to see one day when the Republic of Ireland is reunited with Northern Ireland and rejoins the United Kingdom of Great Britain so that our nation can be complete again.

LONG LIVE THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND IRELAND
LONG LIVE THE KINGDOM OF CANADA
LONG LIVE THE KINDOM OF AUSTRAILIA
LONG LIVE THE KINDOM OF NEW ZEALAND

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Could there have been a backroom deal with the Bloc so Stevo could get something done?
D'uh, ya think, it wasn't that hard to figure out.

Did he sell out Canada in the process?
Ya think?!

Is he a hapless pandering hack?
You bet.

Is he still head and shoulders above the last intellectualy smug self righteous regime that not only did FA, but set the country back years, with their kneejerk reactions and deepening of the welfare state mentality?
OH YOU KNOW HE IS!!!

But an A$$, none the less.

John Muff

EVOLUTION
This is impossible... LOL

Hey Jay,

You sjould now know that with the new accountability act; it is now ILLEGAL to make "backdoor deals" LOL

Democracy is what it does: let WIDE open a door to deals... Oh ! Sorry... it's ain't a deal, verbally speaking... See how the minority gov. can always go arround, as long as the news haven't made citizens angry to react to ministers directly. This is the ONLY time they may have to vote out. Resign sometimes... This is such a weak system in it's whole.

As long as this comedy will go on, as long as we'll suffer from décisions they takes... The BQ just "reloaded their guns", they may not "shoot" on who you would think they would...

My opinion... Yes, they made a deal you won't see written anywhere...

Have a good one,

John Muff

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Nope I've had it with the Con Party, the only difference between them and the Liberals is they wear blue undies. I'm voting Green unless Ken Dryden is elected the head of the Liberal Party, and there is no chance of that happening so I'm going Green. Like Kermit,:tongue2: :kermit:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yep... Blame the Liberals. Chretien wasn't my favorite politician but he did a hell of a lot better job than Lyin' Brian. Just to put things in perspective, Mulroney not only lost us credibility, but he left us a debt that our grand kids probably won't see paid off. While Chretien and Mulroney represent about eighteen years of government, neither of them did anything for our military. Harper's big improvements are so far in the future that they are as yet, for the most part invisible.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yep... Blame the Liberals. Chretien wasn't my favorite politician but he did a hell of a lot better job than Lyin' Brian. Just to put things in perspective, Mulroney not only lost us credibility, but he left us a debt that our grand kids probably won't see paid off. While Chretien and Mulroney represent about eighteen years of government, neither of them did anything for our military. Harper's big improvements are so far in the future that they are as yet, for the most part invisible.
You had me at "Blame the Liberals". Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read " Mulroney not only lost us crediblity, but he left us a debt that our grand kids probably won't see paid off." That was a hoot Juan and just goes to show the narrow Liberal view you see history through. You can thank PET for that debt, he created it and hid it well. lmao.

I would like to see some proof that Mulroney lost us some cred though. Cretien did that better then any 10 PM's in the history of Canada. "da proof is da proof, etc, you get my drift.

Hey, I call a spade a spade, at least I'm not blinded by a pair of red sunglasses, nor blue ones, for that matter.

You can add up all Stevo's gaphs, Kyoto, Quebec and etc and still not be as corrupt and incompadent as the Liberals were over the last 13+ years.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
So the problem is that a Government obeyed the will of the people through its elected representitives? Finding compromise between people of different views to solve problems?

Im quite anti-harper (NDP) but now your just being Dolts. Thats what governments are SUPPOSED to do, we've just had minority elected governments with a majority of the power (liberals were 44% i believe) able to railroad laws through that 56% of the population abhored, that you have all forgotten how governments are SUPPOSED to act, compromise to find a middle ground we can agree on.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So the problem is that a Government obeyed the will of the people through its elected representitives? Finding compromise between people of different views to solve problems?

Im quite anti-harper (NDP) but now your just being Dolts. Thats what governments are SUPPOSED to do, we've just had minority elected governments with a majority of the power (liberals were 44% i believe) able to railroad laws through that 56% of the population abhored, that you have all forgotten how governments are SUPPOSED to act, compromise to find a middle ground we can agree on.
Please clarify,

Are you saying the motion that Harper put forth, that would create a nation within a nation, Quebecouix. Was the will of the people?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You had me at "Blame the Liberals". Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read " Mulroney not only lost us crediblity, but he left us a debt that our grand kids probably won't see paid off." That was a hoot Juan and just goes to show the narrow Liberal view you see history through. You can thank PET for that debt, he created it and hid it well. lmao.

Yeah..... Trudeau built the debt up to $128 billion....then he held a gun to Mulroney's head and forced him to add another $400 billion. Mulroney himself said he was sorry for the debt he left.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yeah..... Trudeau built the debt up to $128 billion....then he held a gun to Mulroney's head and forced him to add another $400 billion. Mulroney himself said he was sorry for the debt he left.
No he didn't he didn't, he just left the country in such a mess, that throwing money at it seemed like the only way out(gawd i hate defending Boloney Mulroney).

I'm still waiting for you to back up the "cred" assertion. As well as a few other threads I've been wiating in, lol.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
That's funny...do you think Trudeau ever apologized for the trend he started?

Liberals expect Conservatives to correct the mistakes they make and cost us the political fall out associated with it....nice work if you can get it.

What would Canada be saying now about Mulroney had he have slashed the civil service and social spending inherited...or more rightly what would Liberals be saying?

From what I understandMulroney achieved less government spending when he left the Hill, even thought the Liberals fought him every step of the way.

Here's a nice quote I found...

Mulroney never had a deficit that exceeded the interest on the accumulated Trudeau debt. Mulroney certainly had the debit increase during his time in office but only because he couldn't afford the interest on the inherited Liberal debt. Our current debt of $525 billion can be blamed solely on the Liberal government of Trudeau and Jean Chretien when he was finance minister.

Granted Chretien wasn't actually Finance Minister but Parliamentary Secretary, the rule applies though.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Please clarify,

Are you saying the motion that Harper put forth, that would create a nation within a nation, Quebecouix. Was the will of the people?

Are you saying Quebec Seperatists aren't people? That Quebecois don't get to have their votes count in the running of the country? No wonder they want to seperate.

Democracy means sometimes people with views you don't like, don't do things you want them to.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Are you saying Quebec Seperatists aren't people? That Quebecois don't get to have their votes count in the running of the country? No wonder they want to seperate.

Democracy means sometimes people with views you don't like, don't do things you want them to.

Of course their votes count, but on a national level they become a very large minority.