Rambrose - Ridiculous and Hypocritical

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
quote: “I won‘t get involved in French domestic politics, it‘s not my way to get involved as she did in ours‘‘ Ambrose said [at the UN Climate Conference in Nairobi this week].

How hypocritical is that when Canada is presently involved in occupying Afghanistan by military force? Isn't that being 'involved in other nations internal politics'?

Add to that the fact that global warming is caused by fossil fuel emissions that do not stay within borders, making it an issue that demands "inter-national involvement" , and Canada's current government is refusing to meet the Kyoto targets on the basis that the targets are not attainable, despite the fact that France and 40 other nations are allready meeting those targets.

Rambrose also cited economic hardship as a reason to not move faster on fossil fuel emissions reductions, to which the French Foreign Minister replied that NONE of the nations who are meeting Kyoto targets have had any economic downturn.

It is absolutely ridiculous. Rambrose is ridiculous.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
If she's going to waste everyone's time at international conventions she could a least get some feistiness pointers from Gadaffi or someone else with a little entertainment value to them. This mini-Steve thing she's trying to pull off (no pun intended) hardly even plays when she has home field advantage.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
oH sPARE mE!

If you want to talk hypocracy, how about that Liberal scum arsehole Godfrey in Kenya playing domestic politics at the expense of our international reputation.

He actually had the unmitigated nerve to claim the Liberals were DOING something about climate change, when our emissions rose 35%.......that is WENT UP in case anyone can't read English, and the Liberals did NOTHING.....that's N-O-T-H-I-N-G except pay lip service to an idiotic deal that would have had us sending money to China...............

And that is the truth.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
If she's going to waste everyone's time at international conventions

Or an international waste of time....why didn’t you send in Taliban Jack? He would have had lots to talk about with Gadaffi.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
The Conservatives are supposed to be masters of their own destiny, not perrenial hapless victims. Ambrose had a year and a half to turn her "very thorough policy" into something real and in all that time the best she could come up with was a fart in the wind and a promise to take the stink out of it some time next year. And we're supposed to feel sorry for her because all she had to show for herself at the conference was excuses and empty promises? Not by my scorecard.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Or an international waste of time....why didn’t you send in Taliban Jack? He would have had lots to talk about with Gadaffi.

Jack would have shown up with a fully scoped, widely approved and financially sound plan.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
To be fair, Kyoto was only ratified in 2002. During the Liberal minority they tried things like making greenhouse gases a controllable substance, which was handilly voted down. They did get automakers to committ to producing cars with better emission standards, thats a 5.3 megatonnes cut by 2010. Granted not much has happened, but I don't see anything happening with this act until 2010, and that is assuming the Conservatives still are the governing party.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Maybe the confrence and " my scorecard " aren't really the be all end all they thought they were.

Why don't you and Jack go shut down China.....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
financially sound plan.

Of course they would have, that's why Ontario votes NDP members in all the time. They are financially sound and have a great undersatnding of politics.

gearheaded1

Never stop questioning
Oct 21, 2006
Alberta
Who?

Jack Layton would have a fully flushed out plan?

He barely has any seats to call himself a political party. Maybe he should work on that plan first.

Last edited:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Maybe he should work on that plan first.

Careful now, noticing the obvious will have some leftie calling you a troll.

Why doesn't Jack invite "Gadaffi" in for a meeting?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Day-in, day-out, Jack Layton and the New Democrats are standing up to Stephen Harper and the Conservatives, holding them to account for their abysmal record on the environment.

Just like they did to the Liberals....I can see why you shed tears over this.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Of course they would have, that's why Ontario votes NDP members in all the time. They are financially sound and have a great undersatnding of politics.

Its called remedial fiscal measures and it saved Canada's ass even if the people who should know better won't admit it because the corporate beast won't like it. The cost of money for Rae's little venture has already been paid off, the rest is zeros on the balance sheet.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Ya were in great shape, thanks. I'll write a letter to Rae immediately and tell him how he saved Canada even if he won't use the idea for his Liberal candidateship in public for fear of reprisal.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Ya were in great shape, thanks. I'll write a letter to Rae immediately and tell him how he saved Canada even if he won't use the idea for his Liberal candidateship in public for fear of reprisal.

good to hear it.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I'm sure he will get right on it.

Bit, dont' take great offence by me. It won't serve either one of us.