Quebecers warmer than Canadians?

OscarSchmidt

Oct 31, 2006
Charest is pushing for the adoption of programs that would create stronger ties between french speaking communities throughout Canada and the larger french community in Quebec. He claims that if the province seperated as things are right now, french speaking communities throughout Canada would not be allowed to keep their identiy and be assimilated.

This would never happen in Quebec. If seperation occured, the french would not force the english to leave or to change a single thing.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Bull Bull Bull!!!

First of all the French in All parts of Canada kept there identity through a hundred years of no French services, no official language status and many English Only P.M.'s. Not that I think they was right and fair, but it didn't kill French culture or language...

It would likely be true that French would not be official anymore if Quebec ever left the country but English as of today is not offical in Quebec. The hope within the province is to lessen English influence. Quebec demands French on their signs, there is no such demand for English signage in the rest of the country.. There are many areas in Ontario where French only..or even Chinese only signage is posted..So who is warmer??

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Oh lord save us all from the never ending retoric that comes out of Quebec. The French communities don't need saving in Canada because they are proud of their history, heritage and language and I would suspect they'd tell Quebec to mon dieu tabernac.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
ohh such language Sassy..and only in French..you could have atleast added the 50% smaller english translation for any of the poor english souls who don't understand :)

For ever Quebec has never cared for anyone outside the Quebec border..why all of a sudden care now...are they looking to set up little terrorist cells in New Brunswick, Ontario and Manitoba....

They spew false retoric about Canada and hide behind a cover of paranoia that they will all disappear in the morning if English Canada had its way..

They are actually not particularily being listened to of late with the tories in power so they have to lash out here and there to keep up the whin ....It's so very very sad....It really is a great place but they ruin it for themselves...constantly!

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I love Quebec Bill, and most of the people from Quebec that I know are fabulous however the growing movement by the seperatist annoys me with their propaganda and pettyness. Trying to exert Quebec seperatist influence into the Acadian French communities in the Maritimes would never happen, Acadians love their culture and they don't want to be identified with Quebec. I'm only minutes away from the Land of Acadie, Grand Pre. tis a beautiful spot.

Me swear nes pas, mon dieu tabernac mean hugs and kisses in French Bill. Cough really it does. :rolleyes:

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Oh.... funny I thought it mean't something else....I guess thats why they guy got so made at me when I said it in a bar in St. Agathe hehehe!!!

Very true what you say..French in other areas of the country usually want no part of Quebec's politics.

I have a co-worker here who is French from New Brunswick..(and yes he has a computer) hahaha!! I asked him if he was going out for or taking off St. Jean Batiste day (we work near the quebec border) he said and I quote...I'm not that French...speaks volumes!!