Arar will not get apology from States or taken from list

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Toronto -- The U.S. government is not apologizing for its treatment of Maher Arar, CTV News reported yesterday.
The network quoted a letter from U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to Foreign Affairs Minister Peter MacKay, which makes no mention of an apology. The letter also doesn't mention removing Mr. Arar from a U.S. security watch list.
Ms. Rice's letter follows a formal Canadian protest earlier this month over the treatment of Mr. Arar, who was deported in 2002 from the United States to Syria, where he was tortured. CP

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20061028.NATSPU28/TPStory/TPInternational/America/

And the Cons will say they did their best, they wouldn't apologize to him as well and try to ensure he doesn't get any money at all.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Ottawa’s Maher Arar says the federal government should repeal its anti-terrorism legislation as part of a broader response to Islamophobia.

Arar said the Anti-Terrorism Act (formerly Bill C-51), while it does not target Muslims by name, has contributed to the public perception that those from the religious community represent a danger. The law gives Canada’s spy agency the right to actively disrupt national security threats.

“The average Canadian understands this is targeted at us (Muslims),” Arar said Friday. “With Bill C-51, you are basically saying, ‘Muslims are dangerous.’ This is the message that is being given.”

Arar called on the Liberal government of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to scrap what he called an unnecessary law introduced by the Conservatives.

The human rights activist was speaking Friday as three of the six people killed in Sunday’s terror attack on a mosque were mourned at a funeral in Quebec City.

An engineer, Arar was detained by U.S. airport authorities in September 2002, and rendered to Syria where he was held in a dank cell and tortured. After he returned home, Arar fought for a judicial inquiry which ultimately found that his ordeal was caused, in part, by faulty Canadian intelligence. He was awarded $10.5 million in compensation.

Now an entrepreneur — he has founded a fundraising platform aimed at millennials called CauseSquare — Arar is active on social media but rarely grants interviews.

He told the Sun that Sunday’s terror attack on a Quebec City mosque did not occur in isolation, but is the product of many years of anti-Muslim rhetoric in the media and online. “Frankly,” he said, “being a Muslim living in a post-9/11 environment, I’m not surprised by what happened. I thought this was going to happen sooner or later.”

Too often, Arar said, Muslims have been portrayed as inherently violent, as guilty until proven innocent. “The general direction is toward blaming Muslims for anything called terrorism in the world,” he said. “What we saw in Quebec is really a culmination of all of this — and I’m afraid it will not stop there.”

Asked if he had concerns about his own safety, Arar said: “I’d be lying to you if I say, ‘no.’ For my safety, the safety of my family, the safety of my community.”

He called on the federal government to address Islamophobia by repealing the Anti-Terrorism Act and by broadening de-radicalization programs to encompass young people whose minds have been poisoned against Muslims. “I think our cyberspace is dangerous,” Arar said, “and I think the government should say, ‘We’re going to treat everyone the same when it comes to danger.”

Education is also crucial to defeating Islamophobia, he said, and more must be done to teach young people the facts about Islam and to get them to interact with people of other faiths: “I’m sure that if the shooter in Quebec City had interacted with Muslims, knew people in the faith, I don’t think he would have done that.”

Arar said he was dismayed by U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to impose immigration bans on Syrian refugees and on travellers from seven predominantly Muslim countries. But it’s important to understand, he said, that the U.S. has been moving in a radical direction since 9/11.

Former President Barack Obama kept open the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, aggressively prosecuted government whistleblowers and expanded a drone campaign that has terrorized innocent civilians, Arar said. “This has been evolving over the last 16 years. People have this notion that police states are created overnight, but that’s not the case.”

Maher Arar says government should scrap anti-terror law as part of response to I

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Fewer Muslims bombing innocent people would go a long way towards eliminating Islamophobia. Especially in Europe where there are daily occurrences.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Arar should aim for Constitutional application,money and the jugular, anything in between is new nonsense
I have designed and audited what this would look like a hundred times in my head
Arar was purposely in prolonged detention for reasons which good design would be easy to establish,I hope he goes for Constitutional application

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Hairy scalpel. Elbow knife. Flax parade. Mambasaurus Rex. Ballast fork.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
the west has been instigating since day one
how many people did clinton, bush, or obama bomb?
( The Secret Financial Network Behind "Wizard" George Soros
http://balder.org/judea/George-Soro...ork-Behind-The-Wizard--By-William-Engdahl.php )

Soros is the visible side of a vast and nasty secret network of private financial interests, controlled by the leading aristocratic and royal families of Europe, centered in the British House of Windsor. This network, called by its members the Club of Isles, was built upon the wreckage of the British Empire after World War II.
http://balder.org/judea/George-Soro...ork-Behind-The-Wizard--By-William-Engdahl.php

but I suppose the reaction to that is a crime?
that's the problem right there:

how dare they fight back...

refugees have been weaponized...
did they do that to themselves?
NO

so who is weaponizing them?

dikwads like soros the jew burner
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewsubcategory.asp?id=1237

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Qr7TnWG74
George Soros: (Helping Nazis) "Was The Happiest Time of my Life"

but the haters will never learn they are being played

Last edited:

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Ooooh, that video was painful to watch. But what he says about Soros I've known for years. He is truly an evil man but because of his wealth (however legally or illegally obtained) he'll never be held accountable for his actions. In fact, the power elite like the Clintons and their ilk see him as a "philanthropist" as opposed to a criminal as he lines their pockets.

JMHO

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
What do these philanthropist criminals do for fun?
Never read really into the article and the face freaked me out,
Just wonder what these people do to unwind?yachts?Fine wine?dogs?
I don't know,and for me it's all relevant that philanthropy and criminal behaviour go together,throwing a President into the stew even makes more sens for a perfect blend
Goods news for the conspiracy site

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I like that term philanthropist criminal,it has a ring to it
I like it and plan it n using this term here and there,see if I can get a flavour of the week,catch phrase going,
Tell me what is wrong with philanthropist criminals?
Or better yet what makes one criminal philanthropist different or better then another philanthropist of criminal means,nothing really but if money talks......well money wins,I know this because I am poor
So be it
Criminal philanthropist s are good

Arar needs to go through the courts for compensation

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
the west has been instigating since day one
how many people did clinton, bush, or obama bomb?
( The Secret Financial Network Behind "Wizard" George Soros
The Secret Financial Network Behind "Wizard" George Soros - by William Engdahl )

Soros is the visible side of a vast and nasty secret network of private financial interests, controlled by the leading aristocratic and royal families of Europe, centered in the British House of Windsor. This network, called by its members the Club of Isles, was built upon the wreckage of the British Empire after World War II.
The Secret Financial Network Behind "Wizard" George Soros - by William Engdahl

but I suppose the reaction to that is a crime?
that's the problem right there:

how dare they fight back...

refugees have been weaponized...
did they do that to themselves?
NO

so who is weaponizing them?

dikwads like soros the jew burner
Organizations Funded by George Soros and His Open Society Foundations - Discover the Networks

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Qr7TnWG74
George Soros: (Helping Nazis) "Was The Happiest Time of my Life"

but the haters will never learn they are being played
You're still going on with the nonsense that a Hungarian Jew was helping the nazis while he was 9-14 years of age? Talk about being played dude. The math is really, really simple on that one.
Look dude, I don't like Soros one bit. But when you continually post an obvious lie even after it's been pointed out to you that it's an obvious lie, you show you're no better than the Flossie types.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
my post was right from the horses mouth dude
not the horses A$$ like yours
;)
So, you bought the big lie did yah?
well congratufrickenlations

you want to support Jew burners?
either prove he didn't do as he said
or STFU