Less people joining military in Canada

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Just saw from Global TV last night that less people are willing to join the military because it is not going on traditional peacekeeping and as one teenager said 'you will be hurting people instead of helping.'

So it doesn't look like the cons will be able to be able to fill 23,000 new soldiers if there is going to be alot of retirements soon. Oh well.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Was global actually quoting canadian DND recruitment numbers or were they basing their facts off a couple clueless teenagers?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes I saw the story too, this is a good thing. We set out to do a peace keeping mission, sort of, as there was no peace to keep. Afghnistan is the one country where we have some role to play. That is until we find out most of the people now in government are the old war lords who are assisting the drug runners who are making money to support the Taliban. And we are getting our soldiers killed for this? Again I say let all these people in the Middle East fight their own squabbles and if they attack us, then of course we simply nuke them and put an end to their miserable existance.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Was global actually quoting canadian DND recruitment numbers or were they basing their facts off a couple clueless teenagers?

No however it is a fact within the Military you have around about 5,000 recruits a year, and nearly that number leaving since we have alot of soldiers who have been in 15, 20, 25 years.

So a decrease would not help with the 23,000 soldiers Harper (mini Bush) wants.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Yes I saw the story too, this is a good thing. We set out to do a peace keeping mission, sort of, as there was no peace to keep. Afghnistan is the one country where we have some role to play. That is until we find out most of the people now in government are the old war lords who are assisting the drug runners who are making money to support the Taliban. And we are getting our soldiers killed for this? Again I say let all these people in the Middle East fight their own squabbles and if they attack us, then of course we simply nuke them and put an end to their miserable existance.

I do agree with you about the drug lords and such, however, it is us Western powers that put them there which will show that our kind of democracy or something is faulty and we shouldn't be trusted.