Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

QUite a good explanation of why so many of us are opposed to gun registration. As experience in Canada as well has shown once legitimate gun owners register their weapons confiscation is just the simple stroke of a pen away. Some how all this do gooderness never has any effect on criminals. Funny that.

I hope the right people on the forum watch this and memorize it- it's really only common sense!

Colpy
Conservative
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

NBC’s David Gregory Mocks NRA Chief For Proposing Armed Guards At Schools . . . Fails To Mention He Sends His Kids To School Protected By Armed Guards… (external - login to view)

Gregory Mocks LaPierre for Proposing Armed Guards, but Sends Kids to High-Security School | The Weekly Standard (external - login to view)

The political and media elite want to return to the bad old days of Medieval Europe, where the elite had the right to bear arms, and the money to pay for men-at-arms to defend them and theirs, while the peasantry was forbidden their use....

In this case, the elite is willing to sacrifice the safety of the children of the lower classes in favour of maintaining some unrealistic philosophical standard............

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

What is even MORE hilarious is the idiot Gregory was waving around a 30 round magazine for an AR 15........in Washington DC, where the possession of such a device is a serious offense.

Arrest him.

They sure would have arrested LaPierre had he done so.......

The importance of prosecuting David Gregory if he violated D.C.’s gun law (external - login to view)

D.C. Police — NBC requested and was denied permission to use high capacity magazine in news segment (external - login to view)

Ooops.

» D.C. Police — NBC requested and was denied permission to use high capacity magazine in news segment - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion (external - login to view)

Colpy
Conservative
» Shapiro: The Left Bullies the NRA » Commentary -- GOPUSA (external - login to view)

D.C. Police — NBC requested and was denied permission to use high capacity magazine in news segment (external - login to view)

Ooops.

» D.C. Police — NBC requested and was denied permission to use high capacity magazine in news segment - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion (external - login to view)

Yeah, but our friends in the lefty media are superior to us both ethically and intellectually, and can't be expected to obey the law when there is a point to be made against the peasants in the NRA!!!

I remember reading an article in a gun magazine about NRA functionaries going to DC, and how carefully they scoured their luggage and/or vehicles for even an empty casing, as they knew they could be searched, and would be prosecuted to the limit of the law........

Locutus
NRA President Explains To A Clueless Bob Schieffer How A Semi-Automatic Weapon Works… (external - login to view)

It’s mind-blowing how clueless the media is. It’s obvious here Schieffer thinks semi-automatic means you pull the trigger and multiple rounds are discharged, in reality a semi-automatic fires only one round each time the trigger is pulled.
Via Ricochet (external - login to view):
[A] friend who is a congressional staffer told me about this riveting interview of David Keene (external - login to view), president of the NRA, by CBS’ Bob Schieffer. Keene does a good job of pleasantly responding to Schieffer’s biased and inaccurate questions.

The part that struck me? Schieffer asks if the NRA will support a ban on “military-style assault weapons,” saying that “even” police chiefs support that. Keene explains that military-style weapons are fully automatic and that the bans being proposed are actually of semi-automatic weapons. They oppose those ban attempts. Schieffer says, showing his ignorance of how semi-automatic weapons work, “How many rounds can these weapons discharge in five seconds?” Keene says, well, “They fire when you pull the trigger.” Schieffer says, yeah, “And they keep firing.” Keene explains that “No, they don’t keep firing.”

video at link:

NRA President Explains To A Clueless Bob Schieffer How A Semi-Automatic Weapon Works… | Weasel Zippers (external - login to view)

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+3
Like I said before, I think most people that rant against guns haven't a clue about them or most of the people that use guns. Ignorance is .... well ...... ignorant.
Last edited by L Gilbert; Dec 27th, 2012 at 05:18 PM..

Locutus
+4
Also, a pretty bold vid to offset the hypocrisy floating around the dogooders in moonbatwood. Video has some bad words towards the end and is surprisingly violent in nature:

Demand Celebrities Go Fck Themselves Extended Cut - YouTube

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Like I said before, I think most people that rant against guns haven't a clue about them or most of the people that use guns. Ignorance is .... well ...... ignorant.

I have a brother like that and he has no excuse, he is clever enough to know better!- - But he's younger than me so maybe the sperm was a little watered down by the time they had him.

Colpy
Conservative
+2

Ooops.

Locutus
+1
And a few words from our uppity complainer:

MSNBC’s Touré: ‘I Have a Right to Know…Who Has a Gun and Who Doesn’t’ | TheBlaze.com (external - login to view)

DaSleeper
+1

And a few words from our uppity complainer:

MSNBC’s Touré: ‘I Have a Right to Know…Who Has a Gun and Who Doesn’t’ | TheBlaze.com (external - login to view)

This map would be perfect for home robbers, giving them a map to houses with the greater probability of no firearms...

JamesBondo
+1
an example of how registry data can be abused

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
What all these anti everything types forget is that this map and the registry that it came from only identify legally owned hand guns. What they should be worried about is the location of the thousands of UNREGISTERED handguns.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

What all these anti everything types forget is that this map and the registry that it came from only identify legally owned hand guns. What they should be worried about is the location of the thousands of UNREGISTERED handguns.

With this subject the morons are doing much more to identify themselves than any dangerous owners of guns!-

Highball
The criminals in Australia, New Caledonia , Vanuatu and other nations love it. The are hosted by a unarmed citizenry as they rob them at gunpoint. Nice not to have to worry about return fire when running from a crime scene.

Locutus
+2
CNN Confronts Jesse Jackson Over Chicago’s High Gun Violence Despite Draconian Gun Laws

During a segment on Chicago reportedly hitting the sad milestone of its 500th homicide in 2012 (there is now a discrepancy (external - login to view)), the Rev. Jesse Jackson was asked to explain how gun violence in Chicago can be so high despite the Draconian gun laws. Additionally, the host pointed out that if such gun laws were enacted on a larger scale, couldn’t we expect a similar rise in violence in other big cities?

Jackson squirmed, and even oddly tried to blame gun ranges for the massacre: “You know, I think about Newtown, for example, they have three or four gun ranges. Now, there are no gun ranges in Chicago. [They] have almost no unemployment. … Newtown is so different than the complexity of the urban crisis.”

But the host didn’t back down.

“Rev. Jackson, I’m going to make one more turn at this question, because the original question was, Chicago has some of the strictest and most tough gun laws in the country,” he said boldly. “If this level of gun laws doesn’t work in Chicago, and you still have the guns coming from outside the city in, and now you got 500 homicides this year, what is the argument to extending this nationally and to other cities?”

Jackson responded that “the guns are not coming from Chicago,” but the host noted that Chicago still isn’t working as a model for gun control considering 87 percent of the homicides were gun-related.

“Chicago is in a bubble as the manufacturer — we’re a target market for gun flow. And they exploit the poverty and the pain,” he said, before expanding the blame on “lack of education and lack of dreams.”

In other words, he seemed to admit that stopping violence isn’t really all about guns.

Watch the exchange below via Mediaite (external - login to view):

source

Scattered Shower of Journalism? CNN Confronts Jesse Jackson Over Chicago’s High Gun Violence Despite Draconian Gun Laws | Video | TheBlaze.com (external - login to view)

via Zip:

Flashback: MSNBC Neanderthal Ed Schultz, “I Own A Lot Of Firearms”… (external - login to view)

Comrade Crisco (external - login to view) isn’t going to be happy with his good friend Sergeant Schultz.

Schultz - YouTube

Flashback- Ed Schultz: I Own A lot of Firearms [Video] | The Rightnewz (external - login to view)

Spade
Free Thinker
"Yep, guns don't kill people; bullets kill people."
-NRA spokesman

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

"Yep, guns don't kill people; bullets kill people."
-NRA spokesman

Well, one could always beat someone over the head till dead with said gun.

Spade
Free Thinker
+3
Now, that's gun violence!

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Now, that's gun violence!

lol.

Colpy
Conservative

Smoking amp the NRA - YouTube

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
+1
So of course anyone who wants to drive drunk should not be restricted because it interferes with their free choice. But that is not what a free democratic society is about. It is about freedom only if it does NOT harm others. .

Now first on my list of freedoms is that of being able to live without needing to protect myself against every nutball who wants to go back to the wild west where looking either prosperous or even disapprovingly at someone brings death. Democracy is about electing officials who are supposed to bring order, to BEST serve those who have elected them. There is a difference between the rights of a few and those of the majority.

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

So of course anyone who wants to drive drunk should not be restricted because it interferes with their free choice. But that is not what a free democratic society is about. It is about freedom only if it does NOT harm others. .

Now first on my list of freedoms is that of being able to live without needing to protect myself against every nutball who wants to go back to the wild west where looking either prosperous or even disapprovingly at someone brings death. Democracy is about electing officials who are supposed to bring order, to BEST serve those who have elected them. There is a difference between the rights of a few and those of the majority.

There is no such thing as a right to be safe.

NRA Has 54% Favorable Image in U.S. (external - login to view)

petros
+2

There is no such thing as a right to be safe.

pssst. Security of the Person.....

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

pssst. Security of the Person.....

Which is a much, much different concept.

petros

Which is a much, much different concept.

And open to interpretation.

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

And open to interpretation.

Unfortunately.......

petros
That can be advantageous as well.

JamesBondo
advantageous for what?

JLM
No Party Affiliation