Afghanistan war fuels BC heroin trade.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://www.straightgoods.ca/ViewFeature6.cfm?REF=528
Afghanistan now not only grows 92 percent of the entire world supply of opium, used to make heroin, but there is now 30 percent more opium available than total global consumption.

The oversupply can only lead to one chilling result — cheaper heroin on streets of Vancouver and the world, and a relentless push by drug dealers to find more customers.

"Heroin habits in the West put huge sums of money into the pockets of criminals and insurgents who destabilize Afghanistan and kill soldiers and civilians alike," Costa added.

Thats interesting eh?

One way around this is for the Canadian troops to buy and bring home the poppy crops and distribute it to BC Addicts. The Mayors in Vancouver area are talking about giving drugs to addicts as a way to reduce "drug crime" there.

Its a perfect fit - it will keep the drug money out of the hands of the Taliban, who are using that money to buy wepons to kill our Canadian troops there.
Buying that heroin 'legitimately' will also keep drug profits out of the wallets of the organised crime people in BC.
It will keep drug addicts from resorting to crime to get their next fix , and if meth and crack addicts would accept heroin instead, it would be healthier for them.
And most humanely, it will allow some choice for morphine addicts who have been squeezed by the medical authorities with reduced dosages in recent years to medicate to their tolerance level.

Radical solutions for a horrible problem? or Reasonable solution for a created problem? Either way, it will work.

Karlin

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Karlin said:
http://www.straightgoods.ca/ViewFeature6.cfm?REF=528
Afghanistan now not only grows 92 percent of the entire world supply of opium, used to make heroin, but there is now 30 percent more opium available than total global consumption.

The oversupply can only lead to one chilling result — cheaper heroin on streets of Vancouver and the world, and a relentless push by drug dealers to find more customers.

"Heroin habits in the West put huge sums of money into the pockets of criminals and insurgents who destabilize Afghanistan and kill soldiers and civilians alike," Costa added.

Thats interesting eh?

One way around this is for the Canadian troops to buy and bring home the poppy crops and distribute it to BC Addicts. The Mayors in Vancouver area are talking about giving drugs to addicts as a way to reduce "drug crime" there.

Its a perfect fit - it will keep the drug money out of the hands of the Taliban, who are using that money to buy wepons to kill our Canadian troops there.
Buying that heroin 'legitimately' will also keep drug profits out of the wallets of the organised crime people in BC.
It will keep drug addicts from resorting to crime to get their next fix , and if meth and crack addicts would accept heroin instead, it would be healthier for them.
And most humanely, it will allow some choice for morphine addicts who have been squeezed by the medical authorities with reduced dosages in recent years to medicate to their tolerance level.

Radical solutions for a horrible problem? or Reasonable solution for a created problem? Either way, it will work.

Karlin

I have an even more radical idea. Round up the junkies, put junkies on a military plane and drop them off in Afghanistan. They can obtain employment with the drug barons and have all the smack they want, be cheaper in the long run...

gangstalking

Electoral Member
Sep 10, 2006
The problem is if you hand out drugs to people won't people just think it's ok to use drugs, and might that not create a bigger problem?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
RE: Afghanistan war fuels

how much is more people?

10%
20%

I think having 120 addicts dealing over the counter is better than 100 crawling around in the black market for their fix.

not that I'm convinced all drugs should be legalized. Just saying is all.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: RE: Afghanistan war fuels BC heroin trade.

gangstalking said:
The problem is if you hand out drugs to people won't people just think it's ok to use drugs, and might that not create a bigger problem?

Ya , this concern allways comes up. i don't think it is going to happen tho, its just an idea the Reefer Madness crowd put in our heads. Really, just ask yourself - who else can you believe? - would you take heroin just because it is free?

As for the addicts, they will only be allowed a certain amount each day, so no, they won't be taking more I don't think.

-----

As for sending the junkies off to Afghanistan, I like it, ya send them, good thinking.
I would not use the term junkie, as it is intended to be insulting.
I would not have said "round them up" as it is Nazi-like.
By sending them there, they will not be spending a big portion of each day hunting for heroin. It might be an improvement for some, and they would be doing useful work on the farms there.
But I can tell you are the type who sees the addicted as pests and only wished they were all dead, which is what your plan really means isn't it?
- how can I help you? - you must be in some kind of emotional pain to be like that.

Aside from that, what about the morphine - addicted people who get their dope from prescriptions only? Do you also call them junkies? Do you also wish them dead/gone?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Granted, we'd all be better off if hard drug users and junkies disappeared. Tolerance hasn't made the problem any better. My sympathies will always lie with the common Joe who struggles to get by, gets up, works, pays his taxes, contributes to the community. Does his part.
Give the drug users tough love and if they still don't get it, who really cares?

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
Re: RE: Afghanistan war fuels BC heroin trade.

tamarin said:
Granted, we'd all be better off if hard drug users and junkies disappeared. Tolerance hasn't made the problem any better. My sympathies will always lie with the common Joe who struggles to get by, gets up, works, pays his taxes, contributes to the community. Does his part.
Give the drug users tough love and if they still don't get it, who really cares?

Well said.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://www.straightgoods.ca/ViewFeature6.cfm?REF=540
[Senator Larry] Campbell says that the solution is for western nations to buy up the opium poppy crop from Afghan farmers instead of letting it go to drug dealers.

"You could buy the product at source, pay the farmers a good price and make it into morphine for medicinal purposes. Then in a controlled way you could change the crops over time from opium," Campbell said.

K - just a litte support for my idea!! Thanks Senator Larry...

This article says there will be a flood of cheap and pure heroin on BC streets.
I wonder where, exactly...

They are worried about overdoses, which is a reason why govt. or Health Canada should be buying and distributing it, as they could monitor the strength.