Conservative Due Diligence in Action

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Liberals accuse Kenney of hypocrisy for attending rally for terrorist group

The PMOI is one of the names used by the MEK, or Mujaheedin-e-Khalq, an armed Iranian rebel group formally designated as a terrorist organization by the governments of Canada, the United States and the European Union. The Canadian government put the group on its official terror list in May 2005.

Kenney is shown addressing an April 6 rally on Parliament Hill and is quoted as welcoming participants "on his own behalf as well as the prime minister."

In an interview, Kenney said he was "completely unaware of the context as it presented here, even though we had done our due diligence."

please

even wikipedia knows better than whoever Kenney consulted. a search on the MIPT database puts the MEK top of the page*. don't spoil the irony by lying on top of it, Jason. there's such a thing as Access to Information, at least there is until you guys are through with it.

Monkey Simple Search

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
RE: Conservative Due Dili

Well here is the first slip up the Cons have made to annoy me. I was actully reading it in the paper today. Kenny should step down.

Iam not going to try an even argue for the Conservitives, they plain old fucked up this time, I mean the fact that this was in april.

Really stupid move by the Conservitives, none of our government parties should or have the right to talk to banned terrorist groups.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
RE: Conservative Due Dili

errr wait a min....

they have some decent goals, I dont dissagree with them...

Current Goals: The MEK's goal is to overthrow the Iranian government and replace it with the NCRI. At a 1995 conference, the group outlined a 16-point plan:

1) Guarantee freedom of belief, expression and the press, without censorship; 2) Guarantee freedom for political parties, unions, groups, councils, forums, syndicates, except those loyal to either the Shah or Ayatollah Khomeini, provided they stayed within the law; 3) Ensure governments would be elected; 4) Respect for the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; 5) Abolish courts, tribunals, security departments introduced by the Ayatollah Khomeini regime; 6) Ensure women enjoy the same social, political and cultural rights as men (including a ban on polygamy); 7) Abolish privileges based on gender, religion or ethnic group; 8) End discrimination against religious minorities; 9) Abolish compulsory religious practice; 10) Secure Iranian territorial integrity while recognising the right of Iranian Kurdistan to autonomy; 11) Safeguard all social, cultural and political rights for ethnic minorities; 12) Repeal what the MEK deems to be `anti-labour, anti-peasant laws'; 13) Encourage a return from exile for all who fled either the Shah or Khomeini regime; 14) Base the economy on the free market, national capitalism and private ownership; 15) Provide welfare needs to the poor; 16) Improve Iran's foreign relations with neighbouring and other states; to live in peaceful co-existence.

If I lived in Iran, id be fore these guys... But none the less they are 'terrorsit" and we shouldnt support them if theya re banned.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Re: RE: Conservative Due Dili

EastSideScotian said:
...Iam not going to try an even argue for the Conservitives, they plain old *censored* up this time, I mean the fact that this was in april...

Its not the gaffe itself. I think that part is just plain funny and makes perfectly good Question Period fodder. Its the lie. No way in hell he did his due diligence. If he did I want to see the memo. The little twerp thinks this is high school.

afa the MEK goals are concerned, think "liberation of Palestine and the return of the refugees". rumour has it the MEK and the CIA have channels open. It wouldn't surprise me. Maybe that's who Jason got the nod from. :lol: