If you can change the *faces* on the Canadian Bill...

Toro

Senate Member
RE: If you can change the

This one.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Ahhhh..Toro, that was scaaary!

Umm..I would replace the queen with Trudeau on the twenty.

And than to realllly piss off conservatives, i would put an image of oil fields on the back and a smiling trudeau on the front.

Hahaha. ok..im a sicko.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Maybe it's time we depoliticized the currency. Putting Trudeau on a bill is a horrible mutilation of paper. Certainly one of our worst PM's. You might as well put on Daffy Duck.
I like the queen on as much as possible. John A is tolerable and so are Laurier and King. But cultural icons like Fox or Leacock would be okay. You have to be dead to get billing. So we have lots to choose from.

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: RE: If you can change the *faces* on the Canadian Bill..

tamarin said:
Maybe it's time we depoliticized the currency. Putting Trudeau on a bill is a horrible mutilation of paper. Certainly one of our worst PM's. You might as well put on Daffy Duck.
I like the queen on as much as possible. John A is tolerable and so are Laurier and King. But cultural icons like Fox or Leacock would be okay. You have to be dead to get billing. So we have lots to choose from.

Hey...i dunt think Trudeau on a bill would be that BADD....he brought home the constitution from Britain...that was a important thing for us as Canadians...

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Sine, the constitution thing is way overblown. The country worked perfectly fine without it. Now that the baby's home with papa we have endless court cases over charter interpretations (the constitution's weird and ugly twin) and a Supreme Court that now exceeds the supremacy of parliament. The constitution continues to cheat Canadians of proper representation.

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

tamarin said:
Sine, the constitution thing is way overblown. The country worked perfectly fine without it. Now that the baby's home with papa we have endless court cases over charter interpretations (the constitution's weird and ugly twin) and a Supreme Court that now exceeds the supremacy of parliament. The constitution continues to cheat Canadians of proper representation.

But without the constitution, Canada wouldnt be an independent country....we would always be under the Brisish....

Yes...many cases deals with Supreme Court interpreting the Charter....but thinking about it....the Charter gives us as Canadians BASIC human rights that every country has....for example, we have in canada *freedom of expression*....in China for example, they dont...they cant speak out about their government....

I also agree with you that yes...sometimes people find *cracks* in the constitution and challenges the government about it....

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I'm 55. When the constitution was repatriated I was 31. I had lived in a free country all my life. We had the same rights as those who lived in other 'free' countries. Life was wonderful. It's no co-incidence that the politically correct movement in Canada exploded to life with the constitution; free expression has been under fire ever since. I was freer before 1982. The constitution has cheated me and my fellow Canadians.
Most constitutions are valuable only to lawyers.

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006

I'm for Tommy Chong on the bill too! Sounds reasonable. He's certainly done more for me than any politician.

Whos Tommy Chong?

Never heard of Cheech and Chong?

Very memorable stuff. I recommend Up in Smoke as the first movie of theirs you should watch. It's sooo much better if you do a jay before you watch it, but either way, it is pretty darn funny.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
Trudeau on a BILL HAHAHAHAHAHA that would be some cruel joke, The man who bankrupts the country gets his face on money! LOL.

Maybe we can change our flag to include the face of Lucien Bouchard.

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Graeme said:
Trudeau on a BILL HAHAHAHAHAHA that would be some cruel joke, The man who bankrupts the country gets his face on money! LOL.

Trudeau brought home the constutition....yes..he might have backrupt us....if he didnt bring it home...we would still be under british rule

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Graeme said:

Trudeau brought home the constutition....yes..he might have bankrupt us....if he didnt bring it home...we would still be under british rule

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Graeme said:

Do some reading Graeme. The man who gave us a forty or fifty billion dollar deficit every year he was in office was Lyin' Brian Mulroney. Bulroney gave us the bulk of our debt by a large margin.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

And as an Englishman, you should know he didnt have to fight to get it you know?...

It pretty much would have gone:

Trudeau: "hey guys, can we have our own constitution?, you know, one we can change here?"

Queen/British government: "yeah no probs"

jeez, the queen even popped over to sign it!!!!

I get the feeling there was no fighting involved lol