Harper on Israel - hanging with the wrong crowd

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
"Stephen Harper: hanging out with wrong crowd" -
http://tinyurl.com/gzvmm

What new havoc will be loosed on the world before George W. Bush leaves office in over two years time? More specifically for our purposes, how deeply will our own Stephen Harper drag us into these adventures?

...the Bush government, unpopular now in its own country, has a pitifully small list of true friends that include, specifically, Australia's John Howard and Canada's Stephen Harper.

--------------------
There is more - Canada is home to corporations making weapons for this attack on Lebanon. These corporations have ties to Canada's current politicians of course. Those corporations get subsidies in various forms for doing this deadly kind of commerce. Thats only one way they interact...

Do we reallty want taxes and jobs from warmongering enterprises in Canada?

Canadian Military Components used in Israel's War Against Lebanon
http://coat.ncf.ca/lebanon2006.html
- with examples

-----------------
Besides, this is all a radical shift in Canada's traditional role as peacekeepers, and to change such an important role that Canada plays in the world should not have been done by a minority government of any stripe.
Here is some support for that idea:
"Harper has no mandate for Canada's radical shift in foreign policy"
http://www.nupge.ca/news_2006/n21jy06b.htm

This is basically a letter written to PM Harper, saying that
"you do not have a mandate to make a dramatic shift in our nation's foreign policy,"
"And yet, your government appears committed to undoing nearly 60 years of history by shanging Canada's role as an 'honest broker' in world affairs, and has largely given way to mirroring the foreign policy of the current U.S. government, much of which is discredited."

k-
So, see, it is not just me, there are lots of others just as outraged at PM Harper for taking Canada down this road, the road more travelled by Bushevics, the one that had Israel as allways being right even when it is utterly horrid. Its not Canadaian Mr. Harper!!

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
We can't hold a war on terror. War necessarily creates more terror and the cycle never ends. Canadians must be smart and use all the power they have to put a bit of common sense into this world.

We've been lucky so far. We didn't yet become the victims of a succesful terrorist act since the beginning of the little 9/11 era. But as things are evolving I am expecting something bad in Canada during 2007 or 2008... I just feel it's bound to happen if things keep on going in the same direction. Hope I'm wrong...

How would Canada react then???

Der Fuhrer

Aug 1, 2006
Karlin said:
"Stephen Harper: hanging out with wrong crowd" -
http://tinyurl.com/gzvmm

What new havoc will be loosed on the world before George W. Bush leaves office in over two years time? More specifically for our purposes, how deeply will our own Stephen Harper drag us into these adventures?

...the Bush government, unpopular now in its own country, has a pitifully small list of true friends that include, specifically, Australia's John Howard and Canada's Stephen Harper.

--------------------
There is more - Canada is home to corporations making weapons for this attack on Lebanon. These corporations have ties to Canada's current politicians of course. Those corporations get subsidies in various forms for doing this deadly kind of commerce. Thats only one way they interact...

Canadian Military Components used in Israel's War Against Lebanon
http://coat.ncf.ca/lebanon2006.html
- with examples

-----------------
Besides, this is all a radical shift in Canada's traditional role as peacekeepers, and to change such an important role that Canada plays in the world should not have been done by a minority government of any stripe.
Here is some support for that idea:
"Harper has no mandate for Canada's radical shift in foreign policy"
http://www.nupge.ca/news_2006/n21jy06b.htm

This is basically a letter written to PM Harper, saying that
"you do not have a mandate to make a dramatic shift in our nation's foreign policy,"
"And yet, your government appears committed to undoing nearly 60 years of history by shanging Canada's role as an 'honest broker' in world affairs, and has largely given way to mirroring the foreign policy of the current U.S. government, much of which is discredited."

k-
So, see, it is not just me, there are lots of others just as outraged at PM Harper for taking Canada down this road, the road more travelled by Bushevics, the one that had Israel as allways being right even when it is utterly horrid. Its not Canadaian Mr. Harper!!

Do you really want to keep your traitorous ass in Canada? Do you really want to?

neone

Jul 15, 2006
Vancouver
Re: RE: Harper on Israel - hanging with the wrong crowd

Der Fuhrer said:
The solution is simple. Remove all Muslims from Canadian soil. Therein we end all chances of terrorism in Canada.
:roll:

Troll much?

neone

Jul 15, 2006
Vancouver

Der Fuhrer said:
Troll? You mean removing Muslims from Canadian soil would not end any chances of terrorism against Canadians?
Sure. Just like removing all men would greatly reduce the chances of women being raped.

neone

Jul 15, 2006
Vancouver

Der Fuhrer said:
neone said:
Der Fuhrer said:
Troll? You mean removing Muslims from Canadian soil would not end any chances of terrorism against Canadians?
Sure. Just like removing all men would greatly reduce the chances of women being raped.

Now that is the most idiotic comparison I have ever seen. Please return to school and attempt to receive an education. Thank you.

:p

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal

Der Fuhrer said:
s_lone said:
We've been lucky so far. We didn't yet become the victims of a succesful terrorist act since the beginning of the little 9/11 era. But as things are evolving I am expecting something bad in Canada during 2007 or 2008... I just feel it's bound to happen if things keep on going in the same direction. Hope I'm wrong...

How would Canada react then???

The solution is simple. Remove all Muslims from Canadian soil. Therein we end all chances of terrorism in Canada.

Yah that's it M. Fourreur. Let's deport the Muslims... THAT'll cause them to like us right? What a brilliant mind you have... What a noble idea...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Of course not...we want to support terrorists instead like Karlin does.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

neone said:
Der Fuhrer said:

Well said.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Jay said:

Use your head, Jay—nobody supports terrorism.

Let's stop insulting each other, please.

As for our new friend Der Fuhrer (interesting choice of member name, by the way), I would suggest to you that opposition to one's prime minister is not the same thing as treason, nor is it anything of the kind or sort.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Harper's Choirboys are certainly interested in pushing the rhetorical envelope on this one.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Karlin said:

Canada's defence industry is hardly a new thing... that industry has existed for decades. Would you be happier if our defence industries only supplied weapons, munitions to Hamas, hezbolah etc.?

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
Canada does have a tradition of useless peackeeping missions like Somolia, Rwanda, Haiti, Bosnia....lots of peace there.
What about our tradition of war...WWI, WWII, Korea. At least we won those and made a difference, not return in shame like somolia. Peacekeeping is fine but the situation must be right. unless you go in meaning business (read armed and dangerous) or peace has already been arranged, your mission is doomed to fail.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
right, now I remember why I got the reputation for "posting and running" - there isn't anything much to reply to!!

"Karlin supports terrorists" - not a very good point considering my pacifist ways...

We don't care about "profiting from the wars" by making the weapons, "because it is hardly a NEW thing" - oh good, anything old is not bad??

Then there is abject nuisances like people trying to seem imporatant by calling themselves Dur Furrrrrrerrrerr or whatever - that is really not encouraging intelligent solutions to the worlds problems!

Sorry to the few reasonable voices left here, but as on most talk sites, there is this element that ruins good discussion here, maybe on purpose, maybe even for pay, I don't know. There isn't going to be intelligent choices and decisions made in government either - it seem the same mentality is in power there as is ruining it here. And thats why I am a conspiracy guy.

K

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
FiveParadox said:
Jay said:

Use my head Five? Use my head like an 18 year old kid does?

Was that an insult you threw at me Five? Really I thought you were supposed to be smarter than that.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Jay said:
FiveParadox said:
Jay said:

Use my head Five? Use my head like an 18 year old kid does?

Was that an insult you threw at me Five? Really I thought you were supposed to be smarter than that.
Yes, thank you, Jay, but please discontinue responding to my posts. You have made it unequivocally clear that you don't have a shred of respect for me or my opinions (whether it's because of my age, sexual orientation, party-of-preference, or a combination thereof). Until you conduct yourself with at least the illusion of at least tolerating my right to be here, just stop.

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
I enjoy Kreskins posts. To me he seems level headed and balanced and despite describing himself as a conspiracy guy---seems to have figured out the reality behind the wall of lies perpetuated by the mass media and those who unthinkingly soak it up to become the willing proxy agents of the rascist war machine that has ruled the western world since the 1500s.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004

cortex said:
I enjoy Kreskins posts. To me he seems level headed and balanced and despite describing himself as a conspiracy guy---seems to have figured out the reality behind the wall of lies perpetuated by the mass media and those who unthinkingly soak it up to become the willing proxy agents of the rascist war machine that has ruled the western world since the 1500s.

Thanks Cortex, that is truly inspiring to hear.
Glad to be of service!!

and to the detractors -

I am NEVER supporting any act of violence, so supporting terrorists is pretty baseless accusation of me. Rejecting Israelis right to bomb Beiruit is not giving support to the other side... I also reject their violent aggression, just like most of the people there, on both dies, reject this violence.I reject violence, and that doesn't mean I support the other side, which I don't even like to call them terrorists, because that is part of the propaganda fo the western world that some here have bought into so deeply.

Calling me a traitor without explanation means I was right ; the reply had no retort, so he uses personal attacks. He loses this round by technical foul [don't use personal attacks to win arguements dude - you lose everytime!!]

quote aimed at Karlin - " Do you really want to keep your traitorous ass in Canada? Do you really want to?"
Saying this, that "anyone like me" should leave Canada, in response to those quotes about Harper not having a mandate to change Canada's role globally - doesn't make ANY sense at all to me - please explain.

Profits from weapons makers are NOT needed for Canada's economy, so it becomes an issue of morality and conspiracy to hae those industries here - what if no nation took them ??
IF we make weapons, and then call for Israel to bomb Lebanon, it would water down our claim to making decisions based on morality and not for profits , and conspiracy for warmaking by our leaders who get election funding from these same corporations who make weapons, well its all just too closely tied, too conspiracy linked.

DO YOU GET THAT NOW???

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
5 Paradox,There,there, That Jay guy is just another big bully,I find that stomping my feet and listening to Cher tapes makes the baddies go away[/quote]