Maybe we need some Clarity

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
EastSideScotian said:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2006/07/26/frastacky-arrests.html

For all the Anti-war people on this forum, please spin doctor this Taliban action against good will, to make it llok like they should be left alone and that Canada Doesnt belong there. Because Iam sure thats what you want to do.

APPLAUSE!!!! APPLAUSE!!!!

I'm not one of the bleeding heart pacifists that makes a stand only when "certain" people are being bombed to shit. I'm a bleeding heart pacifist that proclaims the following: They attacked you? Go get the bastards!

I fully support war when it is provoked by an insane warlord, and all other means of peaceful reconciliation have failed. This means that I do not support war measures as an aggressor, but I fully support war measures in retaliation.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
EastSideScotian said:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2006/07/26/frastacky-arrests.html

For all the Anti-war people on this forum, please spin doctor this Taliban action against good will, to make it llok like they should be left alone and that Canada Doesnt belong there. Because Iam sure thats what you want to do.

Who here exactly supports what those 4 did to that man? Who here agrees with killing that Canadian? Are you specifically pointing fingers to members here?

Who here doesn’t appreciate what that man tried to do? Actually he planned to come back home because of the heightening instability and dangers with the country. So that would suggest he was becoming somewhat critical of the direction of the environment by which he felt he could do some good in.

The Vancouver man had been in Afghanistan since mid-June and had planned to cut his trip short because of escalating violence in the region. He made the trip, which was to be his last for a few years, to give the school's teachers a bonus.

The war in Afghanistan was originally justifiable if the USA was serious enough from the beginning to complete the mission. They were serious but they changed course midway. So they were not serious enough.

Before they established actually stability and lasting security in the country they turned their attentions to Iraq. Then they turned over the problems they had not properly dealt with to their allies. They had enough man/woman power to have seriously changed the political landscape of Afghanistan prior to the Iraq invasion. That is speculation, but it’s quite possible the USA could have done it. Now they are over extended with Iraq and their goals are diminishing on both fronts.

Are we now to blame if things go for the worst there? Lots of goodwill was lost by the USA for how they handled things and now, with Canadian involvement, are we are expected to turn that around?

I would love to see success. Success however still has to match up with reality. Neither does reality necessarily parallel a person’s 'wants' when it comes to defeating injustice.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
RE: Maybe we need some Cl

Unfortunately we can not ask him, but some how I doubt a person commited to humanitarian efforts was a “pro-war” advocate. Neither is the situation of what happened to him a validation for slamming anyone who is “anti-war”.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
Well you asked for it,you got it. Spin,spin,spin. Until one of these groups bomb the hell out of T.O. or Van. the lefties will blame everything on the U.S. Then they will blame the U.S. for not doing enough.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Re: RE: Maybe we need some Cl

elevennevele said:
Unfortunately we can not ask him, but some how I doubt a person commited to humanitarian efforts was a “pro-war” advocate. Neither is the situation of what happened to him a validation for slamming anyone who is “anti-war”.
Not Slammig, more or less proding.
Hey, he could be Anti-war, pro-war whatever. The point is the Taliban dont care if he is Pro or anti, they killed him anyway because he was teaching...

Its stupid that you also try and pull in the USA to this.....Iam speaking about Canada, I mean after all this is a Canadian Forum. What of the American Involvement, we are just as Involved.....Who cares why the USA stopped doing so much in Afganistain, the point is Canada is there and trying to make it work.

The war in Afghanistan was originally justifiable if the USA was serious enough from the beginning to complete the mission. They were serious but they changed course midway. So they were not serious enough.

This is about Canada being there, like I said. Also like to Point out we where there since early 02 and we are just as serious as before, Id like toa sk you at which point did we become less serious about our job there, if anything we have become more serious.... The fact that you some how know how serious the USA is about their war in Country far far away doesnt seem to work with me, please tell me how you got this information on how the USA is less serious about The Afgan front. Better yet point out to me how Canada has Wavierd its seriousness...

Its great when you can speak out your ass. Give me some facts. some Hard proof. Saying things like well the USA went to Iraq wont work much considering of Course they moved some Troops from Afganistan to Iraq, they had Battle experiance thats the smart thing to do, I want proof not easily explainable theroys

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
the war doesn't seem to have done him a hell of a lot of good.

a good man in a fucked up country. God bless him.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
RE: Maybe we need some Cl

I gotta tell you I think your standing over another man's memory and trying to disparage other people for things they haven't said is pretty damn low. but don't let me stop you.

wallyj

just special
May 7, 2006
not in Kansas anymore
War is a lot like surgery,no one wants it but sometimes it is necessary. The Taliban allowed Osama to flourish. The Taliban will not allow woman to be educated. The Taliban consider woman to be chattel. The Taliban execute homosexuals. Osama killed 3500 innocent civilians on 9/11. 25 canadians were among the victims. What more does it take for this country to grow a backbone and say enough is enough. The time for talk is over. Our soldiers know that and support what they are doing. We either fight them over there or we fight them here.