Harper's enemy

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Amik said:
Prime Minister Stephen Harper toured the First World War battlefield at Vimy Ridge on Tuesday where he quipped that the enemy now carries news cameras, not guns.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2006/07/18/1690230-cp.html

So we need to increase funding to our military to combat... the media?

No! We need to increase funding to our military, because our military has been a laughing stock. They've been battle ready, but unable to travel to battle. They've been properly trained, but lacked the equipment necessary to adequately utilize their training. We need to increase funding to our military so that we'll have a military worthy and capable of representing and protecting our nation.

As my colleague and nemesis, SaintLucifer, might say: We have an army that isn't really an army. We have an army that just pretends to be an army.

And that, amik, is why we need to increase funding to our military.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
if we're that poorly equipped maybe we should get the hell out of Afghanistan. buncha crybabies get teased by the US troops on the ground and expect everyone to feel sorry for them.

typical Harper

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
We are not that poorly equipped. We just need to put a bit more money into the military for some new equipment.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Re: RE: Harper's enemy

BitWhys said:
if we're that poorly equipped maybe we should get the hell out of Afghanistan. buncha crybabies get teased by the US troops on the ground and expect everyone to feel sorry for them.

typical Harper

We probably should get the Hell out of Afghanistan. Not because we're poorly equipped however, just because we don't belong there.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Simpleton said:
Amik said:
Prime Minister Stephen Harper toured the First World War battlefield at Vimy Ridge on Tuesday where he quipped that the enemy now carries news cameras, not guns.

No! We need to increase funding to our military, because our military has been a laughing stock. They've been battle ready, but unable to travel to battle. They've been properly trained, but lacked the equipment necessary to adequately utilize their training. We need to increase funding to our military so that we'll have a military worthy and capable of representing and protecting our nation.

As my colleague and nemesis, SaintLucifer, might say: We have an army that isn't really an army. We have an army that just pretends to be an army.

I'm going to throw down the gauntlet here and ask, how are we poorly equipped? You'll get no argument from me that, yes, we need certain items, and in other cases more of said items, but I refuse to label the present day Canadian Forces as poorly equipped. When I was in Afghanistan I rode around in an up-armored Gwagon which had a 7.62mm machine gun mounted in a turret. I wore excellent body armour (a combination of kevlar and cermaic plates). I carried a C7A2 assault rifle. I was outfitted with helmet mounted night vision goggles. I had a wealth of ammo at my disposal, including 4 fragmentation grenades. I was not poorly equipped to do my job.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
What he ment by his comment was that he was standing on the battle field and ont he other side of a trench he saw a bunch of cameras....

Taken fromt he artical on the link

|"These were sand, not cement," Harper said of the reconstructed sandbags.

"And the enemies carried guns, not (a) camera," he added, looking directly over the lip of the old trench at a small clutch of Canadian TV and still cameras. |

The fucking fools on this site blows my mind.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Mogz said:
I'm going to throw down the gauntlet here and ask, how are we poorly equipped? You'll get no argument from me that, yes, we need certain items, and in other cases more of said items, but I refuse to label the present day Canadian Forces as poorly equipped. When I was in Afghanistan I rode around in an up-armored Gwagon which had a 7.62mm machine gun mounted in a turret. I wore excellent body armour (a combination of kevlar and cermaic plates). I carried a C7A2 assault rifle. I was outfitted with helmet mounted night vision goggles. I had a wealth of ammo at my disposal, including 4 fragmentation grenades. I was not poorly equipped to do my job.

Thank You!

I've said before I don't begrudge the latest round of spending even if the contracts are iffy but that said I'm sick of the complaining.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

EastSideScotian said:
What he ment by his comment was that he was standing on the battle field and ont he other side of a trench he saw a bunch of cameras....

"And the enemies carried guns, not (a) camera," he added, looking directly over the lip of the old trench at a small clutch of Canadian TV and still cameras. |

The *censored* fools on this site blows my mind.

Bush needs a lot of translation, too.

curious, that.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Mogz said:
Simpleton said:
Amik said:

It's people like you, Mogz, that spoil it for everybody. Everybody in the Canadian military is looking for more money to get new stuff, and along comes Mogz... doop-dee-doo, dah-dah-dee-doo... and screws the whole thing up.

Good going, Mogz! Thanks to you, Stephen Harper is now going to cancel all additional funds that had been earmarked for upgrading the Canadian military. Nice work, Exlax!

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Simpleton said:
Mogz said:
Simpleton said:
Amik said:

It's people like you, Mogz, that spoil it for everybody. Everybody in the Canadian military is looking for more money to get new stuff, and along comes Mogz... doop-dee-doo, dah-dah-dee-doo... and screws the whole thing up.

Good going, Mogz! Thanks to you, Stephen Harper is now going to cancel all additional funds that had been earmarked for upgrading the Canadian military. Nice work, Exlax!

I haven't ruined anything. There is a big difference between saying a military needs certain items (i.e. tactical lift choppers, support ships, and heavy lift aircraft) and saying it's poorly equipped. Yes, as I said above, we need items. We need more manpower, we need new ships, new transport planes, we need tactical lift choppers. We need to replace the LSVW and we need to eiher aquire the mobile gun system or upgrade the Leopard Ce1. There are many things the Canadian Forces need. We are not however, poor equipped. We have some state-of-the-art equipment; The Coyote, LAV-III, G-wagon, APV, Halifax Class Guided Missile Frigates, HLVW Trucks. Our weapons are great, short of the 9mm browning that is. No, we're not poorly equipped, we're just in need of key items to do our job better. There IS a difference.

Amik

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2006

EastSideScotian said:

The *censored* fools on this site blows my mind.

What he meant by his comment, was that the media is the enemy, as he sees it. I think that was pretty clear.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org

EastSideScotian said:
Are you saying your nto a fan of the 9mm Browning Mogz?

I think he's saying that he's not a fan of the 9mm Browning. Let me check...

Mogz said:
Our weapons are great, short of the 9mm browning that is.

Yep! That's what he's saying. Take a look. It's right there in good old black & white.

Extra! Extra!

Mogz declares that he is not a fan of the Browning 9mm. Gun Manufacturers are organizing a rally Tuesday, and are hoping to begin a global campaign against Mogz.

"We find it highly hypocritical for Mogz to be critical of the Browning 9mm, when we have rather startling surveillance footage of Mogz using a Smith & Wesson 9mm," one Browning executive was quoted as saying.

Another executive, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that Mogz would be crushed for publicly taking a position against the Browning 9mm.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
poor guy

I finally find some common ground with him and he goes and puts himself in the sights of the ad hominem juggernaut.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

BitWhys said:

typical Harper

Huh?

Now this is an idiotic post.

First of all, we are hardly being teased by the Americans......we are doing quite well, and back a couple of years ago, the Yanks fell in love with our snipers.

BUT, we don't have the helicopters needed to supply troops in the field. Running supplies by the rioad is dangerous, and causes needless casualties.

Why do you feel the need to insult the men and women who have volunteered to serve?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I did so strictly of my own free will and I do so because even sacred cows can get BSE.

enough is enough already. our troops are no laughing stocks although I shudder to think what they'll be by the time Afghanistan is finished with them. Even NATO is noticing the cart and the horse aren't quite lined up properly.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario

Simpleton said:
EastSideScotian said:
Are you saying your nto a fan of the 9mm Browning Mogz?

I think he's saying that he's not a fan of the 9mm Browning. Let me check...

Mogz said:
Our weapons are great, short of the 9mm browning that is.

Yep! That's what he's saying. Take a look. It's right there in good old black & white.

Extra! Extra!

Mogz declares that he is not a fan of the Browning 9mm. Gun Manufacturers are organizing a rally Tuesday, and are hoping to begin a global campaign against Mogz.

"We find it highly hypocritical for Mogz to be critical of the Browning 9mm, when we have rather startling surveillance footage of Mogz using a Smith & Wesson 9mm," one Browning executive was quoted as saying.

Another executive, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that Mogz would be crushed for publicly taking a position against the Browning 9mm.
My comment was scarcastic, I guess it didnt come across that way....

The Browning 9mm is crap.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org

BitWhys said:
poor guy

I finally find some common ground with him and he goes and puts himself in the sights of the ad hominem juggernaut.

If you're talking about the Canadian media, they're out of control. Canadian media isn't doing itself any favours, and they're not winning themselves too many friends. They are a fascist regime that place their rights above that of anyone else, and they believe that they have exclusive domain over the country. In other words, they believe that the law doesn't apply them.

I hate the media! Especially radio! I patiently await the day that media is obliterated! I'm presently engaged in a battle that will see London, Ontario, based Blackburn Radio Incorporated shut down permanently. In my opinion, these criminal bastards have no right to breathe, let alone broadcast.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

actually I was talking about Mogz.

I realize its stylish these days, but don't hate. it poisons you.