It's time to bring the death penalty back!

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
It is time to bring the death penalty back to Canada. Crime is out of control, and people just aren't getting the message. It is widely accepted that jail time is not an adequate deterrant.

Canada needs to bring back public hangings. A public execution is the only way to ensure that people get the picture.

The time for playing games with justice is over. I propose that Canada bring the death penalty back, and that the scope of crimes punishable by death, be expanded to include corrupt police officers and government officials.

A police officer or civil servant that conspires with private enterprise to commit crime and to cover it up, must face the ultimate penalty. They must be executed in the public square.

It is time to get serious. It is time to leave the words behind and get things done. Corruption cannot and will not be tolerated, and the only good deterrant is death.

Throughout history, kings and corrupt government officials have been beheaded for betraying the people. With the advent of democracy, this insistence that officials be held accountable to the people, has been somehow lost. It's time to bring accountability back to Canada. It's time to bring back the gallows, gas chambers, guilotines, and electric chairs. It's time to rid Canada of corruption. And the time tested public execution is the way to do it.

Off with their heads...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hate to wreck my right-wing looney credentials, but crime in Canada is hardly "out of control". we live in an amazingly peaceful society

jerry

Jan 17, 2006
Hate to wreck my right-wing looney credentials, but crime in Canada is hardly "out of control". we live in an amazingly peaceful society

Yeah, it's funny how the mass media fuelled hysteria on crime make some people lose all perspective on things.

I keep telling people that the US have the death penalty and their crime rate is about 10 times ours. Obviously, it's not a deterrent.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Re: RE: It's time to bring the death penalty back!

Colpy said:

We do? Perhaps you haven't been following the news. Or maybe I'm just imagining the burgeoning gun crime problem in cities like Toronto. :lol:

Yay, for the death penalty. :idea:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Simpleton said:
Kreskin said:
...and public floggings for jaywalkers.

Maybe not for jaywalkers, but definitely for radio deejays. :lol:

Oh absloutely, radio deejays have to be the lowest form of any society. :wink:

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Re: RE: It's time to bring th

DurkaDurka said:
I hardly trust our government with a budget, death penalty... no thanks.

But wouldn't you trust them a lot more if you could sit on a jury that was deciding to sentence them to death? :lol: I know I'd sleep very well at night if I knew that certain nameless individuals were sitting on death row. You hearing me, Ronnie?
:lol:

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org

Kreskin said:
Simpleton said:
Kreskin said:

Yeah, I like the way you think. You're a smart man, kreskin. :lol: I'm sorry that I made fun of your obesity problem. :lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Simpleton said:
DurkaDurka said:

But wouldn't you trust them a lot more if you could sit on a jury that was deciding to sentence them to death? :lol: I know I'd sleep very well at night if I knew that certain nameless individuals were sitting on death row. You hearing me, Ronnie?

I wouldn't sleep any better knowing that our government is putting people to death, We have sufficient means to deal with these people as it is.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Simpleton said:
Kreskin said:
Simpleton said:
Kreskin said:

Yeah, I like the way you think. You're a smart man, kreskin. :lol: I'm sorry that I made fun of your obesity problem. :lol:

Problem? Nothing a crane can't handle.

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
jerry said:

Yeah, it's funny how the mass media fuelled hysteria on crime make some people lose all perspective on things.

I keep telling people that the US have the death penalty and their crime rate is about 10 times ours. Obviously, it's not a deterrent.

You're one step ahead of me, Jerry. We could make media frenzied hysteria punishable by death. :idea: I'm liking where this thread is going.

Not all of the states have the death penalty. And very few convicts are ever sentenced to death. Back in the day, when turnip thieves would have their hands severed, corporal punishment was a very effective deterrent.

I remember being fascinated by corporal punishment when I was in grade eight. I remember being somewhat hypnotized by reading of how India once killed people with elephants. With an almost fiendish pleasure, I imagined the convicted person having his head placed on a rock, and an elephant stepping on it. I imagined the sound of a skull cracking, and was almost driven to absolute ecstacy. :twisted:

The timeless art of drawing and quartering a person held some fascination for me as well. Current means of execution, like lethal injection, have taken all of the fun out of state sponsored murder. :cry:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Simpleton said:
jerry said:

You're one step ahead of me, Jerry. We could make media frenzied hysteria punishable by death. :idea: I'm liking where this thread is going.

Not all of the states have the death penalty. And very few convicts are ever sentenced to death. Back in the day, when turnip thieves would have their hands severed, corporal punishment was a very effective deterrent.

I remember being fascinated by corporal punishment when I was in grade eight. I remember being somewhat hypnotized by reading of how India once killed people with elephants. With an almost fiendish pleasure, I imagined the convicted person having his head placed on a rock, and an elephant stepping on it. I imagined the sound of a skull cracking, and was almost driven to absolute ecstacy. :twisted:

The timeless art of drawing and quartering a person held some fascination for me as well. Current means of execution, like lethal injection, have taken all of the fun out of state sponsored murder. :cry:

BTK sues the Credit Union. Who knew? :wink:

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org

DurkaDurka said:
Simpleton said:
DurkaDurka said:

I wouldn't sleep any better knowing that our government is putting people to death, We have sufficient means to deal with these people as it is.

Why deal with them? Just lop their heads off and be rid of them. :lol: No stain, no gain... :lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Are there any missing people in Sarnia? Simpleton, where do you hide the bodies?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I agree. Lets bring the death penalty back for all the murderers and sickos. We let them off way too easy these days.

shannon

Nominee Member
Jul 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Capital Punishment in this country is long overdue.

I would definitely reinstate it for convicted serial killers, no questions asked. First degree murder convictions would need to be looked at on a case by case basis, along with any recommendations by the jury.