Hateful chatter behind the veil

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060629.wxblog29/BNStory/National/home

Wives of four of the central figures arrested last month were among the most active on the website, sharing, among other things, their passion for holy war, disgust at virtually every aspect of non-Muslim society and a hatred of Canada. The posts were made on personal blogs belonging to both Mr. Amara and Ms. Farooq, as well as a semi-private forum founded by Ms. Farooq where dozens of teens in the Meadowvale Secondary School area chatted. The vast majority of the posts were made over a period of about 20 months, mostly in 2004, and the majority of those were made by the group's female members.

There is nothing casual about Ms. Farooq's interpretation of Islam. She reiterates the belief that jihad is the "sixth pillar" of the religion, and her on-line postings are decidedly interested in the violent kind. In the forum titled "Terrorism and killing civilians," she writes a detailed point-by-point explanation of why the Taliban is destined to emerge victorious in Afghanistan.

Virtually every other government on the planet, however, she only has disdain for.

Ms. Farooq's criticism is often directed first at other Muslims. When another poster writes about how he finds homosexuality disgusting, Nada replies by pointing out that there are even gay Muslims. She then posts a photo of a rally held by Al-Fatiha, a Canadian support group for gay Muslims. "Look at these pathetic people," she writes. "They should all be sent to Saudi, where these sickos are executed or crushed by a wall, in public."

Ms. Farooq's hatred for the country is palpable. She hardly ever calls Canada by its name, rather repeatedly referring to it as "this filthy country." It's a sentiment shared by many of her friends, one of whom states that the laws of the country are irrelevant because they are not the laws of God.

In late April of 2004, a poster asks the forum members to share their impressions of what makes Canada unique. Nada's answer is straightforward.

"Who cares? We hate Canada."

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Why do they live there, then, if they hate Canada?
I am ready to exchange with them - I'd love to live in Canada, but I've got problems with moving. Maybe they will like Russia better? We've got lots of Islamic terrorists of our own, so several more or several less won't make any difference :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I can only think of one reason they came here, and that is to infiltrate our society & set up their cells for the purposes of terrorism.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'd love to put her on the spot on national television with a very straight forward question that might go along these lines:

"If you hate Canada, as you've stated in your blog, why are you here?"

What could her answers be?

1. "I was born here."

Hmmm... I'm not sure how I'd retort to that if that was the case.

2. I was angry and frustrated/ stupid, etc. when I posted that, but I've changed my mind. I've woken up, etc."

OK, fair enough, people learn from their mistakes.

3. I like the money/quality of life, etc. in Canada, but I hate Canada.

Now I could have lots of fun with this thisrd one. For instance:

1. So you hate "this filthy country" as you call it, but don't mind touching its filthy money? Isn't that idolatry according to Islam? Are you worshipping money? Is money your idol? And you dare associate partners with Almighty God. And filthy money of all things? So what's the punishment for idolatry in Saudi Arabia, you hipocrite! And you dare call yourself a Muslim?!

2. So why don't you go back to your home country then if it's so pure?

3. Didn't Muhammad teach againts arrogance and believing oneself to be superior to others?

Hmmm.. I'm sure we could have plenty of fun roasting her on naitonal TV!

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
The unsaid question remains the most important: how did such people get entry here in the first place? Citizenship is supposed to be important. If it's to be offered to newcomers, it's supposed to be conferred upon those who deserve it. Canada needs to get its act in gear. It needs to respect Canadians. Folk here shouldn't have to fight a rearguard action brought by their own government.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
As for religious nutcases, put them in the ring. It'll provide for good entertainment. Could you see a Muslim fanatic in one corner and a Christian fanatic in the other? Oh no, forget that. Immagine a Zionist in one corner and a Muslim fanatic in the other. Oh then you'll see sparks fly!

Renée

Apr 3, 2006
The unsaid question remains the most important: how did such people get entry here in the first place? Citizenship is supposed to be important. If it's to be offered to newcomers, it's supposed to be conferred upon those who deserve it. Canada needs to get its act in gear. It needs to respect Canadians. Folk here shouldn't have to fight a rearguard action brought by their own government.

She came over w/her parents as a child. And I think most of the participants one that site were teen-agers. In the article it mentions that she was much more religious than her parents praying 5 times a day when the father prayed maybe once a day. Her father supports Canadian peacekeeping in Afghanistan and says his daughter never talked that way around him. He says he and his wife have not been that religious but that his daughter became more so a/f she arrived in Canada. It also mentioned that she was teased in school as a child and would often come home crying.

If not for the charges made against her husband and her comrades' husbands it could sound like a rebellious teen venting. Evidently her father's not around much due to work, she was ostrasized in school who knows what else is going on. Not to say that she and her friends aren't a potential danger but I also know how teenagers can be.

Ironically her job is passing out medicine to soldiers in Alberta. I wonder if she's going to be able to keep her job a/f all this.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006
I hate to say it but someone forgot to let these guys in on a few old tired and true wiseguy sayings; like for starters: "keep the women out of it".

I mean you're planning this big secret illegal action and one or two guys let their wives/sisters/mothers in on it and boom! : instant yak, yak, yak to the tune of 6000 posts on the subject....and how did they get caught?

"yak yak yak -- ohhh MY husbands going to blow up like, everything! Oh yeah he is too....he's going to get tons of fertilizer and a big truck and he's going to make big boom-boom on you infidels --- then y'all be sorry-like."

lol.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
RE: Hateful chatter behin

There is no excuse for hate. One is not forced to reside in Canada or the USA -- the hater may leave at any time. Failure to do so will not justify their hatred no matter how much they may feel justified.