The disingenuous head tax apology.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
If Harper was riding on a majority Government today he would not give a rat’s ass about the Chinese early immigrant. Harper is as phoney as a three dollar bill.

The apology on the head tax is nothing but pure manipulation for the liberal Chinese vote. It is clear on Harpers face what exactly he is out to achieve. The Chinese majority vote on the other hand will look at Harper with a doubtful distance before they will give him a majority. Past history has shown that the Chinese community the majority has always voted for a Liberal government vs. a Conservative Government.
It will be interesting to see if the Chinese majority vote will stay Liberal or be persuaded with $20.000 apology payment to change their political elegance.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Personally I take solace in the likelihood that having become the very thing he most despises, he probably hasn't had a decent bowel movement since January.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
This is just silly.

I'm 51 years old, and been interested in politics since my early teens.

IMHO, Harper has SO FAR turned out to be, without a doubt, the BEST Prime Minister since I started paying attention.

He has moved to keep his promises, especially those concerning his five priorities, exactly as he said he would.
He has moved to keep lesser promises, even though they are not on his personal agenda, such as the elimination of the gun registry, and a discussion on SSM.

He has moved towards giving Quebec a new federalist option in a national party.

He has shown support, as opposed to distaste, for the Canadian military.

He has started to rebuild relations with our greatest ally and trading partner.

The combination of these things puts him head and shoulders above Trudeau, Clark, Turner, Mulroney, Chretien and Martin.

May he be blessed with a majority within 2 years.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: The disingenuous head tax apology.

Colpy said:
This is just silly.

I'm 51 years old, and been interested in politics since my early teens.

IMHO, Harper has SO FAR turned out to be, without a doubt, the BEST Prime Minister since I started paying attention.

He has moved to keep his promises, especially those concerning his five priorities, exactly as he said he would.
He has moved to keep lesser promises, even though they are not on his personal agenda, such as the elimination of the gun registry, and a discussion on SSM.

He has moved towards giving Quebec a new federalist option in a national party.

He has shown support, as opposed to distaste, for the Canadian military.

He has started to rebuild relations with our greatest ally and trading partner.

The combination of these things puts him head and shoulders above Trudeau, Clark, Turner, Mulroney, Chretien and Martin.

May he be blessed with a majority within 2 years.

Harper an exceelent PM yeah right.

The only two good Prime Ministers in Canadian History was Conservative John Diefenbaker, and Lestor Pearson.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:
And of course the best Politican ever in Canadian history is Tommy Douglas.

Oddly enough, I wouldn't even argue that point. Douglas was an icon. Honest, hard-working, a Baptist minister, realistic, a country boy, and a boxer. A man, not some latte-sucking academic dumbass whose head is shoverd so far up his arse he contemplates his navel from the INSIDE.

Unfortunately the latter type has taken over the NDP.

Remember, I voted NDP in the seventies.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Colpy said:
Jersay said:
And of course the best Politican ever in Canadian history is Tommy Douglas.

Oddly enough, I wouldn't even argue that point. Douglas was an icon. Honest, hard-working, a Baptist minister, realistic, a country boy, and a boxer. A man, not some latte-sucking academic dumbass whose head is shoverd so far up his arse he contemplates his navel from the INSIDE.

Unfortunately the latter type has taken over the NDP.

Remember, I voted NDP in the seventies.

I agree. And I think the NDP should have a mixture of both, because if you had an equal number of both you would appeal to alot of people.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
BitWhys said:
Personally I take solace in the likelihood that having become the very thing he most despises, he probably hasn't had a decent bowel movement since January.

keep on dreaming.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Re: RE: The disingenuous head

Toro said:
Well done Stephen

You are demonstrating you are not the scary, evil "neo-con" as labelled by those who are demonizing you.

Bush and Harper make the greates cast, on the movie BON HEADS, still playing.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

Colpy said:
He has moved to keep lesser promises, even though they are not on his personal agenda, such as the elimination of the gun registry, and a discussion on SSM...

:laughing3:

you should grab a latte and read a decent newspaper some time. the same-sex vote was bought and paid for by the xtian fundies.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Socrates the Greek said:
BitWhys said:

keep on dreaming.

just a hunch is all. Him and Flannagan popped off a corker about Liberal populism a few years back and here he is now swinging so hard to the center his backbenchers are getting whiplash. I just think its funny, is all.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Re: RE: The disingenuous head

Toro said:
Socrates the Greek said:
Bush and Harper make the greates cast, on the movie BON HEADS, still playing.

"BON" heads?

Do you mean "Good" heads in French

or did you mean "Bone" heads

Because if you meant Bone Heads, well, isn't it ironic mis-spelling "Bone Heads."

Thanks for the correction indeed "BONE HEADS" we all make spelling mistakes from time to time, because we push against time on a daily bases. I am sure you understand.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

BitWhys said:
Colpy said:
He has moved to keep lesser promises, even though they are not on his personal agenda, such as the elimination of the gun registry, and a discussion on SSM...

you should grab a latte and read a decent newspaper some time. the same-sex vote was bought and paid for by the xtian fundies.

And perhaps you would like to explain to me what the propblem is with Christians voting? Because, after all, Hindus vote and politicians cater to them, sikhs vote and politicians cater to them, Muslims vote, and politicians cater to them, indeed some of these populations have actively worked to completely take over riding associations, without a whisper of complaint........

But let a Christian try to push forward an agenda....OMG the HORROR! You remember Christianity, don't you......you know, The foundation of western culture and the philosophical base of modern democracy?

And how about secular issues, like gun control, and agenda pushed hardest by two organizations.....the Chiefs of Police and Canadians for Gun Control......both largely funded by the Federal government......so the government pays organizations to lobby them to pass legislation they want anyway......no problem. But let any firearms organization......funded ONLY by members, speak and it is the dreaded GUN LOBBY!

You lefties have a strange view of freedom of speech and political culture..............

BTW, Harper has set up the SSM thing to fall apart on one free vote.....SSM is here to stay.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Colpy said:
BitWhys said:
Colpy said:

And perhaps you would like to explain to me what the propblem is with Christians voting? Because, after all, Hindus vote and politicians cater to them, sikhs vote and politicians cater to them, Muslims vote, and politicians cater to them, indeed some of these populations have actively worked to completely take over riding associations, without a whisper of complaint........

But let a Christian try to push forward an agenda....OMG the HORROR! You remember Christianity, don't you......you know, The foundation of western culture and the philosophical base of modern democracy?

And how about secular issues, like gun control, and agenda pushed hardest by two organizations.....the Chiefs of Police and Canadians for Gun Control......both largely funded by the Federal government......so the government pays organizations to lobby them to pass legislation they want anyway......no problem. But let any firearms organization......funded ONLY by members, speak and it is the dreaded GUN LOBBY!

You lefties have a strange view of freedom of speech and political culture..............

BTW, Harper has set up the SSM thing to fall apart on one free vote.....SSM is here to stay.

The lefty view on freedom of speech is not by telling all cabinet members to shut up in front of the media.

The lefty view on freedom of speech is not dictated by the leader of the party like it is with scary Conservative modern thinking.

The lefty view on your presses vote is not stealing it from you and telling you to shut the f up.

The lefty view on political culture is far more freedom oriented than that of the Conservative view on political culture. The movie “BONE HEADS” is now playing for an additional year.