War on terror a losing game.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Harper and bush and their whole governement doesnt have the intellect to understand it.

GuyIncognito

Jun 13, 2006
South Eastern Ontario
Roots of Terrorism
1) US foreign Policy
2) Wahhabism
3) Ignorance / Imams
4) Sunni vs. Shiite

Terrorism in todays society is a fact but it would be better fought by waging a war of ideas rather than a war of violence and threats. The US war on terror is seen by most Muslims as a war on Islam and as a result has sent Muslims running into the arms of groups such as Al Qaeda and that has created more terrorism than has ever been stamped out.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Of course it's mainly US foreign policy, make sure you send a telegram to the parents of the bride and groom in Jordan, that were blown to bits not too long ago.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'll do that,

just after I send a card to the relatives of the hundred thousand killed by the "liberators".

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
He wants the international community to rethink its strategy of hunting down terrorists and collecting scalps and to start dealing with the roots of terrorism.

And what are the roots of terrorism?

Illegal occupations, like in israel, iraq.

The Logic of Suicide Terrorism

It’s the occupation, not the fundamentalism

TAC: So if Islamic fundamentalism is not necessarily a key variable behind these groups, what is?

RP: The central fact is that overwhelmingly suicide-terrorist attacks are not driven by religion as much as they are by a clear strategic objective: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from the territory that the terrorists view as their homeland. From Lebanon to Sri Lanka to Chechnya to Kashmir to the West Bank, every major suicide-terrorist campaign—over 95 percent of all the incidents—has had as its central objective to compel a democratic state to withdraw.

http://www.amconmag.com/2005_07_18/article.html

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I think not said:
He wants the international community to rethink its strategy of hunting down terrorists and collecting scalps and to start dealing with the roots of terrorism.

And what are the roots of terrorism?

you have to ask?

you shouldn't pick a fight you don't know how to win. the War on Terror, I mean, not this silly BBS nitpicking.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Re: RE: War on terror a losing game.

aeon said:
Harper and bush and their whole governement doesnt have the intellect to understand it.

And you somehow do? Given what you post, i'd say you're the least likely person to grasp the dynamics of the World we live in today. You automatically get on this moral high horse and deem the governing bodys of two of the best Nations on this planet as being unintelligent. Well the people that elected them deem otherwise aeon. No sniping from the sidelines by you will change that. Thankfully.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Mogz said:
aeon said:

And you somehow do? Given what you post, i'd say you're the least likely person to grasp the dynamics of the World we live in today. You automatically get on this moral high horse and deem the governing bodys of two of the best Nations on this planet as being unintelligent. Well the people that elected them deem otherwise aeon. No sniping from the sidelines by you will change that. Thankfully.

Harper and bush doesnt have the intellect to understand it, and it is worst from those who support them, like yourself.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
RE: War on terror a losin

US forigen Policy is one reason for it yes. But so is hatered of Christain and secular nations....I doubt that we would be safe from extreamist who feel killing White Chirstians and secular groups means they will get into heaven....

As for Aeon....I love how you can make a statement and not abck it up with your own words....Id like to know why..in your own words why Bush and Harper dont have the Intellect to understand it...its just another one of your, Hey I got the new Anti-Flag CD time to try and be a politcal punk rocker, even though I dont actully do any research of my own on the issues at hand...

FYI-Iam an Anti-flag fan.....(WTF IAM A LIBERAL-CON)...Its something I call, not taking evrything I hear an living by it, its called finding facts on your own....Anti-Flag is awesome and haves some good points, but not evrything they say is how it is.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Harper and bush doesnt have the intellect to understand it, and it is worst from those who support them, like yourself.

And you do have this intellect aeon? The guy who claims that there was this massive cover-up about JTF-2 being in Iraq, when in reality it was plastered all over the news? So tell me aeon, how do Bush and Harper lack this divine intellect that you somehow posses? What do they not understand? Answer that.

P.S. I do not support President George W. Bush. I never have. So before you start tossing stones, make sure you're tossing them at the right person. Now answer my question.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Sucide Bombing is disqusting its sad that people have to use a bombing of that way to kill innocent people usually. However there are two kinds of Sucicide Bombers.

One, the desperate bomber who has nothing left to live for, and could be saved if they see the light.

And Fanatic suicide Bombers, that could be anyone who just wants to kill people. They can't be saved and should be killed before they harm someone.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

aeon said:

Aeon, You need to finish high school before you can start questioning anyone's intellect.

Also, is the cause of global warming due to isreali occupation & 9/11?

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton

DurkaDurka said:
aeon said:

Aeon, You need to finish high school before you can start questioning anyone's intellect.

Also, is the cause of global warming due to isreali occupation & 9/11?

All that debris dust kicked up after a suicide bomber sets off his vest is bound to help in locking in greenhouse gases....I mean, all those vests going off all the time....

vulpine

Jun 4, 2006
arguing the supposed roots of terrorism are fraudulant really doesn't solve anything, the fact of the matter is ANY social problem from local gang violence, to international terrorism, the only way to solve it is to look at what causes people to do it. That is, of course, if you really want to end it for good, which, from a political viewpoint, in regards to terrorism, wouldn't be a good move for bush, and he knows it

right now America is shooting at the puddle on their kitchen floor when they should be trying to fix the leak in the ceiling.