Canadian Soldiers do it best.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...istan_defector_060616/20060616?hub=TopStories

Read the Link first.

How do you feel about that news?

Basicly I think its goes to show that Canada is a peg higher, than other nations at war, we also seem to realize that our Enemy is only an Enemy when they are fireing at us. When is the last time you have seen American News with a story like that? I havent. Even at war Canadians are still Canadians.

We changed a Taliban Leaders view on the western Troops, Thats a pretty big deal, I meanw e didnt hold him at gun point and tourture him into it, a Canadian Soldier talked to him like a human and showed him respect evern though they were on differant sides. Not to mention our Medics and doctors saved his life.

Go Canada....We will win in Afghanistan, and show the world that Canada does things right.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
This highlights something l've been arguing about on these forums for quite some time. People have constantly made claims that the Afghan people do not like us and do not want us there. That may be true for the United States, but Canada is well respected by the large majority of Afghans, up to and including the Taliban, who've publically said that Canadians are far worthier and honorable people than Americans. Yes, we may be at War in Afghanistan, but we don't have to be inhuman in doing so. We may not be peacekeeping there, but we still have taken with us the ideals and morals that made us the Worlds greatest peacekeepers. Those qualities we show to Afghans every day, and for that, we've earned much respect.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: RE: Canadian Soldiers do it best.

Mogz said:
This highlights something l've been arguing about on these forums for quite some time. People have constantly made claims that the Afghan people do not like us and do not want us there. That may be true for the United States, but Canada is well respected by the large majority of Afghans, up to and including the Taliban, who've publically said that Canadians are far worthier and honorable people than Americans. Yes, we may be at War in Afghanistan, but we don't have to be inhuman in doing so. We may not be peacekeeping there, but we still have taken with us the ideals and morals that made us the Worlds greatest peacekeepers. Those qualities we show to Afghans every day, and for that, we've earned much respect.

I agree with that statement.