Former Canadian Alliance MP Larry Spencer writes memoir!!!

proudpegger

Jan 30, 2006
Former Canadian Alliance MP Larry Spencer writes political book
Wednesday, 14 June 2006

Stephen Harpers old friend Larry Spencer is back in the news.

He was the Canadian Alliance MP who told a reporter in November 2003 that it was a "mistake to have legalized" homosexuality and he would support a Bill to re-criminalize it.

snip

Spencer quotes Stephen Harper, who he describes as glowing in bright anger during the meeting:
"Who put you up to this? Do you know this could stop the unity vote coming up?" "You knew we wanted to run on the preservation of the traditional definition of marriage in the next election, now we can't do that."

Read rest here --> http://allpoliticsnow.com/content/view/25/1/

Well now, isn't that something? I wonder if there's grist for the opposition in there. Looking at Harpers quotes, it seems there might be.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: Former Canadian Alliance MP Larry Spencer writes memoir!

The Reform party

sure attracted some nutcases. It's funny. I liked Preston Manning and have always considered him to be a true statesmam even though I didn't agree with him on as lot of issues.

There are still a few Reformers in Parliament who represent potential embarrassment to the government. I'm surprised Stockwell Day has kept a lid on it this long.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Former Canadian Allia

Preston Manning is a polished tyrant, his soft spoken manner for the most part obscures a dangerous fundamentalist agenda. His down home grassroots road show
is reflected fully in Harpercons politics, the roots of this party are alien to the Canadian way of life.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

I have to agree with Juan. I thought myself that Preston Manning even though i disagreed alot with what he said was a statesman as well. And therefore one of only three conservatives in Canadian history, Diefenbaker being the second.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

#juan said:
The Reform party

sure attracted some nutcases. It's funny. I liked Preston Manning and have always considered him to be a true statesmam even though I didn't agree with him on as lot of issues.

There are still a few Reformers in Parliament who represent potential embarrassment to the government. I'm surprised Stockwell Day has kept a lid on it this long.

Yeah, I liked Manning as well.

And, I have to say, (preparing myself for the inevitable onslaught of ridicule), that I think Stockwell Day is a LOT smarter than he gets credit for. His stint as leader of Reform was a disaster of form, not function. He performed well as foreign affairs critic.......

But, then again, I was a Reform Party member.......

There are cannons aboard the Good Ship Conservative a whole lot looser than Stockwell Day, as there are in every party.