The very best for our soldiers.....I hope

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
link

Monday, Jun 12, 2006
Canadian soldiers going through military-issued condoms at skyrocketing rate

OTTAWA (CP) - Internal military documents suggest Canadian soldiers really are getting a lot more action these days.

The troops are being supplied with condoms at what appears to be a staggering pace, with documents suggesting a 12-fold increase from just four years ago.

The military has dispensed just under 300,000 publicly paid prophylactics in each of the last two years, say figures obtained under the Access to Information Act.

"We hand them out like Kleenex," said one military official. "(The soldiers) just walk into the dispensary and claim them. We don't ask questions."

The troops are fighting terrorists in Afghanistan and helping to protect a fragile democracy. They're training on bases at home to prepare for their perilous mission.

And in each of the last two years, they've used about $40,000 worth of lubricated, non-lubricated and non-latex female condoms, all paid for by the government.

quick look at condom purchases by the Canadian Forces for free distribution to soldiers, as calculated by the Department of National Defence.

-1998: 219,312 condoms. Cost: $59,168

-1999: 295,200 condoms. Cost: $100,483

-2000: 158,991 condoms. Cost: $52,621

-2001: 84,684 condoms. Cost: $28,438

-2002: 25,355 condoms. Cost: $5,324

-2003: 173,769 condoms. Cost: $24,958

-2004: 285,751 condoms. Cost: $41,113

-2005-March 2006: 306,522 condoms. Cost: $39,541

It appears that 2002 was a bad year all around. I would have been worried if things hadn't picked up considerably in 2003.:wink: :lol:

Comments?

fuflans

Electoral Member
May 24, 2006
Aotearoa
That maybe they aren't all being used for sex and the reporter neglected to mention this? That considering how many people are in the armed forces, these numbers aren't really that high? That this was a slow news day? That this is the worst excuse for an access to information request ever? :)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Did we notice that in 2005 - 2006

they used the most condoms but paid almost twenty thousand dollars less than 1998. Are condoms getting cheaper or is the government buying lower quality? More bangs for the buck so to speak. :wink: :lol:

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
RE: The very best for our

I plan on Joining the Army next year.....

I see it as protection for my little soldier. You know with all that slipping into strange lands and so on, gotta make sure you are ready for a chemical attack, of sorts.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Re: RE: The very best for our soldiers.....I hope

dekhqonbacha said:
If they are giving out that much of condoms, I will join the Army as well, and I'll do it quickly because I'll save more money. :lol:
HAAh...lol
Yeah Its a large benift for me, Iam from Nova Scotia....Birth control is like a cowboy hat....dont know where to get it and the women would rather us not wear it. ;)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

There seems to be a lot of different colours,...........an different sizes :p.....Size doesn't matter.................If you have it :wink:

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
This is a pretty skewed report on the "use" of the condoms. Instantly one thinks they're being used for sexual purposes. Yes, to a large extent no doubt they are, and i'd be lying if I said I never walked in to the MIR and took a handful for myself, which are laying in garbage dumps across this nation. That said though, condoms are use for a lot more than shrink-wrapping your dick in the miltary. A great use is to cover the barrel of your rifle in winter/wet conditions. Getting water down the barrel of your rifle can cause a misfire, and getting snow or dirt in there can cause the breach to explode. Whenever I go to the field, or deploy, I hit the MIR and grand a bag full of the non-lubricated ones, and then hit the Quarter Master to get a box of elastic bands. When I deployed on exercise last fall to Wainwright, I took 50 condoms with me. My entire section stocked up, so if everyone took even half of what I took, the count would still be around 225 condoms for a section of eight (8). Imagine an entire Battalion doing that? That's tens of thousands of condoms for one exercise. Just to put this all in perspective.

Vicious

Electoral Member
May 12, 2006
Ontario, Sadly

Shouldn't they have a military acronym for condoms? Then the could shout 'Soldier, grab that LPD (Latex Prophylactic Device) and CYD (cover your dick)!"

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006
Well lemmie see here.

CF troop strength in 1998 was 57000.

CF troop strength in 2005 is 80000.

A difference of 140%.

Condoms in 1998: 219,312

Condoms in 2005: 306,522

A difference of....OH MY GAWD!!! 139.76% !!!!!

140% to 139%...oh yeah. I would definitely call that an 'increase' at a 'sky-rocketing pace'....LOL!

And you all probably call yerselves ‘critical thinkers’.

When are you people going to learn for yourself instead of gobbling up whatever pabulum the news outlets are calling a 'story' today? They compare the condom usage today with THE ALL TIME LOW and try and present it as a problem and (some of) you guys are all to eager to just eat it up.

This forum is hilarious. Do you have to be mentally deficient to post here or is that just a 'nice-to-have' skill?

(lol – wotabunchuvloozerz ---- not lookin yer direction here Mogz)

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
That pisses me off. Our tax dollars are being spent on condoms so our troops in Afghanistan can fuck someone while their over there. Excuse me while I go freak out!

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006

That pisses me off. Our tax dollars are being spent on condoms so our troops in Afghanistan can *censored* someone while their over there. Excuse me while I go freak out!

A few billion of your tax dollars we wasted on Quebec just so they'll 'play nice'. A few more Billion wasted on gun hysteria.....and you complain about soldiers getting laid?

Hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, I'm pissed off. They are supposed to be in Afghanistan apparently helping the people their and instead of them doing their job, their running around fucking everybody in town. If that's what their going to do, come home, fuck people here, and pay for your own damn condoms.

Claudius

Electoral Member
May 23, 2006

whatever jon. You haven't a clue whats going on one way or another and you know it.

[zombie voice]"duh...The newzzz paperz tell us what to think....the newzzpaperz...[/zombie voice]