Volpe pressured to quit race

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...ageid=968332188492&col=968793972154&t=TS_Home

Joe Volpe is facing increasing pressure from other Liberals to quit the party's leadership race in the wake of the kids' funding uproar.

Many Liberals expressed anger and exasperation that the Eglinton-Lawrence MP's acceptance of $27,000 in donations from the children of drug firm executives has revived the corruption issue that damaged the party in the last election.

"More than anything, people are saying: `Haven't we learned our lesson from Gomery?'" said a senior Liberal who is backing former Ontario premier Bob Rae. Justice John Gomery's inquiry produced explosive evidence of Liberal wrongdoing under the ill-fated federal sponsorship program.

Whether Volpe should step down was reportedly a prime topic of conversation on Wednesday night when interim Liberal leader Bill Graham held a garden party for well-heeled party supporters at Stornoway, his official residence.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
If Volpe gets picked for Liberal Leadership, I will NOT vote for the Liberals. I just got to see him on W-Five respond as Immigration Minister to the issues dealing with our broken immigration system. He seemed more than removed to the problems that were presented to him. The answers he did come forward with were ignorant at best, and yet he was in the very position where he should have showed a much better understanding.

I would NOT vote Liberal with him at the helm.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Volpe when confronted with disturbing trends in place concerning the economic success of recent immigrants refused to acknowledge the figures and arrogantly stated that what we needed were a lot more new arrivals. He isn't fit to be the leader of any party. How he got to be where he is says much about the integrity of the Liberal establishment.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: Volpe pressured to qu

Toro said:
Volpe has more ego than sense.

Plus he's not, er, "photogenic" enough to be the leader.

I passed his campaign office the other day, if I had an egg i would have chucked it. He's ...er...funny looking even at 100 yards. :lol:

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Gee, I just tried to post on the "Pizza Joe" Forum until I discovered it became locked. The humour I was going to inject has now been stripped from me. It’s just not the same anymore posting here. And I was on a “Joe Average” roll too.

(Pizza Joe Forum which would have made more sense under Canadian Politics:)
http://www.canadiancontent.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18061

Well aside from being a person who votes independently, I don’t know of anyone else having shown support for the Liberals and claiming as well to support Volpe.

I mean gee, look at this forum. And it’s an old forgotten forum. Very first post states...

sanch said:
Joe Volpe is facing increasing pressure from other Liberals to quit the party's leadership race in the wake of the kids' funding uproar.

Wallyj, you should try shedding that ball and chain Harper has you on. Don’t feel you have to support 'everything' pushed out of under the Harper Conservatives. You can still be a Conservative, but discover a new found freedom doing it.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
RE: Volpe pressured to qu

I usually vote liberal, but I wouldn't vote for Volpe either. Luckily, he has no chance of winning and should drop from the race.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
RE: Volpe pressured to qu

O’ my gosh. This guy is such a liability to the Party! LOL. And he won’t politely leave! He’s not going to win anyway (will he?). Step down you fool!

Anyone see on the news the guy in a ghost costume following Volpe down the sidewalk? Ok, that was funny.

Come on Volpe. Don’t Lieberman on your party now.

yballa09

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Rexburg, Idaho
O’ my gosh. This guy is such a liability to the Party! LOL. And he won’t politely leave! He’s not going to win anyway (will he?). Step down you fool!

Anyone see on the news the guy in a ghost costume following Volpe down the sidewalk? Ok, that was funny.

Come on Volpe. Don’t Lieberman on your party now.

lol, ya that was pretty funny. then the camera crews chased the two guys doing it. but seriously, the liberal party would be screwed if volpe were to win. he claims he gets a bad rap because he's italian canadian and canadians dont want someone of his background becoming prime minister.