We need to pull our troops out of Afghanistan NOW!!!!!

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
We have to pull our troops out of Afghanistan RIGHT NOW!!!!! We have a large amount of soldiers in Afghanistan helping the Afghanis, but who is here to protect us? Who would be here to help keep order and protect Canadians if those terrorists went forward with their plans?

We need to pull our troops out NOW! And if you disagree with that, obviously you care more about the Afghanistan than you do about Canada.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
JonB2004 said:
We have to pull our troops out of Afghanistan RIGHT NOW!!!!! We have a large amount of soldiers in Afghanistan helping the Afghanis, but who is here to protect us? Who would be here to help keep order and protect Canadians if those terrorists went forward with their plans?

We need to pull our troops out NOW! And if you disagree with that, obviously you care more about the Afghanistan than you do about Canada.

Well, JON, that is quite a broad statement, that caring one. You do know we have soldiers here in Canada, right? You do know we have RCMP here in Canada, right? You do know that in some places we have local and provincial police right here in Canada, right? You do know we have CSIS, right?

The fact that they stopped these terrorists from going forward with their plans should tell you something about our level of protection. Don't use this as just another rant against us being in Afghanistan.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
RE: We need to pull our t

Would you feel better Jon if we pulled our 5000 troops out of Afghanistan and spread them out from east to west coast? That would provide an unprecedented level of security in case we were attacked.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

First of all, DurkaDurka, we only have 2300 soldiers in Afghanistan. And yes I would feel better if we pull our troops out of Afghanistan and use them to protect Canadians. Forget about the Afghanis! We need protection at home.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Re: RE: We need to pull our t

JonB2004 said:
First of all, DurkaDurka, we only have 2300 soldiers in Afghanistan. And yes I would feel better if we pull our troops out of Afghanistan and use them to protect Canadians. Forget about the Afghanis! We need protection at home.

Jon, Jon, Jon. We have protection, or have you not been listening? The very same protection that stopped this potential attack.

Or maybe we should just leave Afghanistan so that they can develop more terrorists to come to our country, as opposed to actually trying to stop them away from our country. Remember, the 17 were mostly, if not all, raised in Canada. Let's keep the rest of them out of here, keep them on the run, and don't let them get set up again to go after us again.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Regardless of exact numbers. explain how they would be protecting us at home? considering when Terrorists attack, they die alonog with it. It's not like Toronto or Calgary would be a major battlefront.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
DurkaDurka said:
Regardless of exact numbers. explain how they would be protecting us at home? considering when Terrorists attack, they die alonog with it. It's not like Toronto or Calgary would be a major battlefront.

We put the soldiers out in the street to protect Canadians and watch out for suspicious activity. If a terrorist attack occurs, the military can keep order because I'm sure people are going to start freaking out if a building blows up or something.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
JonB2004 said:
DurkaDurka said:

We put the soldiers out in the street to protect Canadians and watch out for suspicious activity. If a terrorist attack occurs, the military can keep order because I'm sure people are going to start freaking out if a building blows up or something.

Wonderful, that gives you one soldier for every 16 square miles of land. Good strategy.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think not said:
Wonderful, that gives you one soldier for every 16 square miles of land. Good strategy.

I think not, could you show me how you got that number?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
DurkaDurka said:
You are aware that police forces exist within Canada?

Yes, I am aware that there are police forces in Canada. I just think that it would be safer if we have our troops here too.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
We have far more Police Officers who could handle this sort of thing. Do you think stationing 200 Soldiers per province is going to do anything?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

I think we would be safer if we could build an underwater city and go about our merry ways, unfortunately not going to happen though.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
DurkaDurka said:
We have far more Police Officers who could handle this sort of thing. Do you think stationing 200 Soldiers per province is going to do anything?

Yes I do think it would help.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
JonB2004 said:
DurkaDurka said:

We put the soldiers out in the street to protect Canadians and watch out for suspicious activity.

8O

Wow. Just wow.

You know what would be more fun? Not making Canada into a police state. Are you clueless or just plain stupid?

Vicious

Electoral Member
May 12, 2006
Ontario, Sadly
JonB2004 said:
DurkaDurka said:

Anyone else replaying the Liberal 'Conservatives want to put troops on the streets' campaign ad that never ran?

Jon are you suggesting soldiers on Yonge street in Toronto, Hastings in Vancouver frisking people on their way to work?

The devil is always in the details.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

Well, yes. I am suggesting that we have some soldiers on the street. Not all of them. The only way I want them all on them on the street is if a terrorist attack is imminent or occuring.

Vicious

Electoral Member
May 12, 2006
Ontario, Sadly

But we need to pull them all back from Afghanistan? How about possibly using the police that already patrol the streets of your town - maybe have them look out for people packing several tonnes of ammonium nitrate?

And you'll step up and scream at the top of your lungs that this was a great idea when the media fills the news with images of civilians being searched on the street?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

I don't think that the soldiers should be searching everyone. Just people that look suspicious.