Mr. James Istvanffy has suggested that Mr. Anders borrowed thousands of dollars from him, in order to pay for expenses that the House of Commons refused to cover — and then paid him back using false travel expenses, and even Commons furniture.
This is not the first controversy to involve Mr. Anders.
- Mr. Anders was recruited by the Republican Party of the United States of America to lobby an election in the State of Oklahoma, and was referred to by the Tulsa World as a person who "personifies the bad taste, deception, right-wing extremism and mean spirit that have poisoned that whole election process this year", and by CNN as a "foreign political saboteur";
- Mr. Anders was nominated as a runner for the Reform Party of Canada in the district of Calgary West, by Ms. Hermina Dykxhoorn (the President of the Alberta Federation of Women United for Families) — they forwarded an anti-gay agenda, suggesting that a high number of gays were pedophiles;
- Mr. Anders was a member of the National Citizens' Coalition (formerly led by The Right Honourable Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P., the Member for Calgary Southwest and the Prime Minister of Canada), and was an open advocate for anti-union laws and legislation, in an effort to compromise the rights of workers to bargain with their employers for appropriate wages and conditions; and
- Mr. Andrews was the only Member of Parliament to refuse to grant the unanimous consent of a motion to give Nelson Mandela status as an honorary citizen; when Mr. Mandela asked to speak with Mr. Anders, he refused, citing that Mr. Mandela was a "terrorist and communist."
1. Click here for the Web site of the Liberal Party of Canada.
Revision : Added a survey.