The unthinkable is about to happen in Canada god forbid!!!!

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Now this is for real, the validity of such a thought should make many realize were Canada sits on the terrorist’s shit list, and what is Canada doing to insure that one of these examples below doesn’t escape the strictest scrutiny in hope that the unthinkable doesn’t happen on Canadian soil.

Mounties thwart bomb plot as 17 arrested

CANADIAN authorities have thwarted what they believe to be a major terrorist threat with the arrests of 17 people "inspired by al-Qaeda" who had stockpiled huge amounts of explosives.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said the suspects, 12 men and five juveniles, were all Canadian residents, mostly from the Toronto area, and were rounded up in raids over the weekend.

Fifteen of the suspects appeared yesterday in a heavily guarded courtroom in Toronto, with family members sobbing.

The arrests were the culmination of the largest counter-terrorism operation in Canada since the passage of the country's Anti-Terrorism Act shortly after the September 11, 2001, attacks.

Authorities declined to identify the targets of the alleged plot, saying only that they were in southern Ontario, which includes Toronto, Canada's largest city, and Ottawa, its capital.

They did, however, deny a report that Toronto's mass transit system had been targeted.

Advertisement:
Authorities bore down on the suspects after the group secured three tonnes of ammonium nitrate, a fertiliser that can be used to make explosives.

"It was their intent to use it for a terrorist attack," Mike McDonell, assistant commissioner of the mounted police, said yesterday in Toronto.

"To put it in context, the 1995 bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City that killed 168 people was completed with only one tonne of ammonium nitrate."

He said the group "posed a real and serious threat".

"It had the capacity and intent to carry out these attacks."

Authorities would not say what triggered their probe, which called on more than 400 officers and investigators from several law enforcement agencies and the intelligence community, or how long they had watched suspects.

They said they could not disclose too many details because the probe was continuing.

But they said the suspects, the oldest of whom is 43 and most of whom are young men, trained together. They come "from a variety of backgrounds". Some are students, some work, and some are unemployed.

Luc Portelance, assistant director of operations for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service - the country's spy agency - said the suspects "appear to have become adherents of a violent ideology inspired by al-Qaeda", although investigators had not found a link to the network led by Osama bin Laden.

The FBI in Washington said the Canadian suspects may have had "limited contact" with two men recently arrested on terrorism charges in the US stateof Georgia.

FBI special agent Richard Kilko said there may have been a connection between the Canadian men and a Georgia Tech student and another American who had travelled to Canada to meet Islamic extremists to discuss locations for a terrorist strike.

Syed Haris Ahmed and Ehsanul Islam Sadequee, both US citizens who grew up in the Atlanta area, were arrested in March. Officials said the weekend arrests proved that the threat ofterrorism was real in Canada - and that efforts to foil it wereworking.

"These individuals were allegedly intent on committing acts of terrorism against their own country and their own people," recently elected Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said.

"As we have said on many occasions, Canada is not immune to the threat of terrorism ... Today, Canada's security and intelligence measures worked."

The Toronto Star newspaper, citing unidentified police sources, reported that the suspects attended a training camp north of Toronto and had plotted to attack the downtown Toronto office of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, but authorities refused to confirm those reports.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: The unthinkable is about to happen in Canada god forbid!

dekhqonbacha said:

but they are arrested.

I have to admit it is somewhat scary to see that there was so many in this group. In away the group killed itself by getting too big. Most orginized terrorists split themselfs into cells which barely know about the other and don't know the membership of the cells. Cells which usually have 2-6 members at most. Once split into cells if one group is caught or comprimised the other cells can keep going without any set backs.

In the last 5 years I've personally met people I was sure who could a may one day set off bombs if they got the chance, feeling that the USA and even Canada is attacking there homeland and islamic traditions. I do not doubt there is more but the fact that they caught this group says nothing about CSIS as such a large group something has got to be leaked in such a big group dynamic. It's the small orginized terorist cells which are the most deadly and those lunnies who work alone. The chances of catching these guys are next to immpossible, a larger group is much more easyier.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

dekhqonbacha said:

but they are arrested.

Hey dekhgonbacha, the forest has many snakes in it, the moral of the story stay away from snake bites.

Unfortunately the enemy is with in us here in Canada and to be involved in wars around the world is a very dangerous game.
Like everything else times have changed and we ca no longer rationalise with past war examples and take for granted that we are Canadian and we are exempt from unanimous foreign anger.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Finder said:
dekhqonbacha said:

but they are arrested.

I have to admit it is somewhat scary to see that there was so many in this group. In away the group killed itself by getting too big. Most orginized terrorists split themselfs into cells which barely know about the other and don't know the membership of the cells. Cells which usually have 2-6 members at most. Once split into cells if one group is caught or comprimised the other cells can keep going without any set backs.

In the last 5 years I've personally met people I was sure who could a may one day set off bombs if they got the chance, feeling that the USA and even Canada is attacking there homeland and islamic traditions. I do not doubt there is more but the fact that they caught this group says nothing about CSIS as such a large group something has got to be leaked in such a big group dynamic. It's the small orginized terorist cells which are the most deadly and those lunnies who work alone. The chances of catching these guys are next to immpossible, a larger group is much more easyier.

Hey Finder, the scarier part is that Canada has been so relaxed to the point were there is non Canadian citizens working in the immigration department, so stupid for the past 3 decades deep rooted network of these idiots here in Canada called it home. There is more to come. This is the first time in our history were we will be subjected to see your neighbour with great suspicion, while the Bible sates "love your fellow man" Difficult times in deed.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
RE: The unthinkable is about to happen in Canada god forbid!

the unthinkable?

nonsense.

It is the undesirable,
but not to be confused with the unthinkable.
it is only that people desires to cocoon themselves,
and choose to not think about things they don't desire.
That however does not influence the likelihood of occurance.
It just makes people over-react when their dreamscapes are shattered.

There has always been risks such as terrorism, and there will always be.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Re: RE: The unthinkable is about to happen in Canada god for

the caracal kid said:
the unthinkable?

nonsense.

It is the undesirable,
but not to be confused with the unthinkable.
it is only that people desires to cocoon themselves,
and choose to not think about things they don't desire.
That however does not influence the likelihood of occurance.
It just makes people over-react when their dreamscapes are shattered.

There has always been risks such as terrorism, and there will always be.

'Al-Qaida letter' claims Spain bombings

Friday 12 March 2004, 4:27 Makka Time, 1:27 GMT

A letter purporting to come from al-Qaida has claimed responsibility for the grisly train bombings in Madrid, calling them strikes against "crusaders".
A statement on Thursday attributed to al-Qaida and sent to the London-based daily al-Quds al-Arabi claimed responsibility for Thursday's serial bombings in Madrid that left 192 dead and over 1200 wounded.

The statement also claimed responsibility for the suicide attack on a Masonic lodge in Istanbul two days earlier and said a big attack on the United States was "imminent".

"We bring the good news to Muslims of the world that the expected 'Winds of Black Death' strike against America is now in its final stages...90% ready and God willing near," it said.
The statement also cautioined Muslims to stay away from "civilian and military institutions of crusader America and its allies."
Suspect van
The statement bearing the signature of "Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades" linked to the al-Qaida network came amid claims by Spain's interior minister that a suspect van found near the scene of bombings contained seven detonators and an audio tape in Arabic.

The van had been stolen from the southern town of Alcala de Henares, which was the point of origin for the four trains targeted in the bomb attacks, Interior Minister Angel Acebes said.
The al-Qaida statement, yet to be authenticated, proclaimed "we have succeeded in infiltrating the heart of crusader Europe and struck one of the bases of the crusader alliance."

The statement dubbed the attacks as "Operation Death Trains".

Spanish authorities had initially blamed the bombings on Basque separatist group ETA.

New leads

But following the discovery of the stolen van, Acebes said "a new clue has been found and our duty and responsibility is to open a new line of investigation."

The minister insisted the "main lead remains the ETA, but we must be very cautious to investigate other leads."

He said the attackers had used 12 bags filled with between eight and 10kg of explosives.

"We are talking about more than 100kg of explosives composed of dynamite, which is what ETA usually uses," Acebes said.

The attack is the worst to hit Europe since the 1988 bombing of a US airliner over Lockerbie, Scotland that killed 270.

The Bombings in the British Subway system.

The people of the United Kingdom will be more united and more determined in their resistance to terror than they were a week ago. Even those among the British who are no fans of the U.S. war on terror or of U.K. policy in the Middle East, will not want their nation to be seen as having its policy dictated by the terrorists who murdered innocent people on the London subway.

Terrorists don't care whether people ride the subway or not though. They didn't launch this attack to discourage people from riding the subway anymore than the 9/11/01 attacks were launched to make people have to wait longer in lines at the airport. They launched this attack to terrorize the British into a different policy in the Middle East. There are varying opinions among the British people about what their nation's policy should be in the Middle East. But almost all of them would agree that they will not have their nation's policy dictated by terror and controlled by terrorists.

There is no going back Canada will be next, I sincerely hope I will be wrong on this assessment, unfortunately looking at the state of events in Toronto today, things are serious like it or not.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

I guess that idea that “we have to fight them over there, (Middle East) so we don’t have to fight them here”, doesn’t work.

In fact, we stoke the fires of hatred with our imperialistic endevours, and while we seem to fail at spreading ‘freedom’ on a society that never invited us to begin with, we now also risk jeopardizing our own society with creating a self-inflicted backlash of counter hatred intent to ‘spread the harm’.

Proof of such failure is when we start breeding out own ‘insurgents’.

I have always argued this concern regarding reckless foreign policy. Yet while things continue to spiral in a predictable fashion, people will still laud the hardline politicians with their simpleminded flag wrapped solutions and tough talk.

It never ceases to amaze me how people have such a limited imagination to understanding the human heart and what will motivate it.

To understand how society creates it’s own monsters, we sometimes have to take a hard look into the mirror.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/03062006/2/national-little-known-terror-suspects-rounded-terror-plot.html

Sat Jun 03, 08:54 PM EST

By Lauren La Rose, Brett Popplewell, Sean Patrick Sullivan

TORONTO (CP) - From an unmarried computer programmer to a university health sciences graduate and the unemployed, the 17 suspects charged in a foiled terrorist plot represent a "broad strata" of Canadian society.

"Some are students, some are employed, some are unemployed," RCMP assistant Commissioner Mike McDonell said Saturday.

The 12 men in custody range in age from 19 to 43 and are residents of Toronto, Mississauga and Kingston, Ont., while the five youths cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Rocco Galati, lawyer for two of the Mississauga suspects, said Ahmad Ghany is a 21-year-old health sciences graduate from McMaster University in Hamilton. He was born in Canada, the son of a medical doctor who emigrated from Trinidad and Tobago in 1955.

Shareef Abdelhaleen is a 30-year-old unmarried computer programmer of Egyptian descent, Galati said. He emigrated from Egypt at the age of 10 with his father who is now an engineer on contract with Atomic Energy of Canada, the lawyer said.

Galati said neither of his clients have criminal records and are both "model citizens."

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

elevennevele said:
I guess that idea that “we have to fight them over there, (Middle East) so we don’t have to fight them here”, doesn’t work.

In fact, we stoke the fires of hatred with our imperialistic endevours, and while we seem to fail at spreading ‘freedom’ on a society that never invited us to begin with, we now also risk jeopardizing our own society with creating a self-inflicted backlash of counter hatred intent to ‘spread the harm’.

Proof of such failure is when we start breeding out own ‘insurgents’.

I have always argued this concern regarding reckless foreign policy. Yet while things continue to spiral in a predictable fashion, people will still laud the hardline politicians with their simpleminded flag wrapped solutions and tough talk.

It never ceases to amaze me how people have such a limited imagination to understanding the human heart and what will motivate it.

To understand how society creates it’s own monsters, we sometimes have to take a hard look into the mirror.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/03062006/2/national-little-known-terror-suspects-rounded-terror-plot.html

Sat Jun 03, 08:54 PM EST

By Lauren La Rose, Brett Popplewell, Sean Patrick Sullivan

TORONTO (CP) - From an unmarried computer programmer to a university health sciences graduate and the unemployed, the 17 suspects charged in a foiled terrorist plot represent a "broad strata" of Canadian society.

"Some are students, some are employed, some are unemployed," RCMP assistant Commissioner Mike McDonell said Saturday.

The 12 men in custody range in age from 19 to 43 and are residents of Toronto, Mississauga and Kingston, Ont., while the five youths cannot be identified under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Rocco Galati, lawyer for two of the Mississauga suspects, said Ahmad Ghany is a 21-year-old health sciences graduate from McMaster University in Hamilton. He was born in Canada, the son of a medical doctor who emigrated from Trinidad and Tobago in 1955.

Shareef Abdelhaleen is a 30-year-old unmarried computer programmer of Egyptian descent, Galati said. He emigrated from Egypt at the age of 10 with his father who is now an engineer on contract with Atomic Energy of Canada, the lawyer said.

Galati said neither of his clients have criminal records and are both "model citizens."

elevennevele the sad part here is that some feel good to think that they were invaded to go over there and start civil wars, while they think that after they pull out things will be better. What are these people thinking? It is a mess which I sincerely hope humanity will come out off this with out serious damage.

vulpine

Jun 4, 2006

terrorist’s shit list

do all terrorists subscribe to the same list?
do they have monthly coffee mornings to revise the list?
i imagine they would use red marker for this, with lots of underlining probably

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

This is all bullstrawberry crap, just like the 7/7 bombing, wake up guys.Dont let yourself fools by those retards in power.This is called the New world order.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

elevennevele said:

Did you miss the part where it said these people were mostly Canadian citizens?

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

Canada has been attacked 29 times by terrorist organizations organizations and the dealiest was the Air India bombing. So this was just going to be the first attack by an Islamic group, even though it appeared to be political. Terrrorism has happened in Canada, and terrorism will happen again it just depends on what group decides to attack Canada.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

Most were born in Canada so I think this argument is a little faulty. They didn't receive foreign training, they were educated here to hate from the iman, and they were trained here supposedly.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

Jay said:
elevennevele said:

Did you miss the part where it said these people were mostly Canadian citizens?

Jay, that was the whole point of my statement.

The failure in the concept of “fighting them over there so we don’t have to fight them over here” becomes illustrated in the fact of ‘breeding’ our own terrorists because of such actions in foreign policy.

AND

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Wouldn't the key word be "them" as opposed to us?

Luring "terrorists" to fight in Iraq rather than America isn't suggesting that some American's aren't going to loose their marbles and attack domestic targets.

This is the part I'm having trouble with.