Harper has support to win majority

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
RE: Harper has support to

Harper is an Idiot, time will tell the truth. So far the man is like a ham sandwich with out the ham. The perfect Bush suckall. He talks with both sides of his mouth. Now he will go to Sudan. To do nothing but pretend. Canada has many things wrong with in our country that need serious funding.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think not, I'm not contesting the fact that the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P., the Member for Calgary Southwest and the Prime Minister of Canada, has a democratic mandate to govern. I would simply have preferred another outcome for the Thirty-ninth General Election.

Nonetheless, I take comfort in knowing that the Senate of Canada, as a memory-based institution, has the capacity to let the country "ease into" whatever changes may be forthcoming. The Senate can't stop the Commons, but they can look at things in-depth, and I think that switch-over governments are when the Senate does its best work.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I didn't think you were contesting anything, the Libs had a 13 year run, anybody that runs a country for so long needs a vacation, if nothing else to reflect, having the Conservatives in charge for a few won't kill anybody.

It may entice the fringe left to move to a galaxy far far away or New Zealand. :D

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I agree that the Liberal Party of Canada seriously needs to renew itself; which is why I am so happy that the party has decided to launch a Renewal Commission, to run parallel to their leadership convention.

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
This seems more than a rejection of the liberals. Any ideas why?

I wonder how this trend will impact on the view of the US?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think not said:
I didn't think you were contesting anything, the Libs had a 13 year run, anybody that runs a country for so long needs a vacation,

From August 1943 - June 1985 Ontario had conservatives running it. We are doing very well too! :)

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Re: RE: Harper has support to win majority

FiveParadox said:
I agree that the Liberal Party of Canada seriously needs to renew itself; which is why I am so happy that the party has decided to launch a Renewal Commission, to run parallel to their leadership convention.

FiveParadox, it won’t be long before the Liberal party will be the Government of the day here in Canada. The truth is the Tories through out the years have shown that they are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The Liberals have shown charisma and under the Liberals Canada has always been a freer country.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
Sure..but only because of a lack of a proper opposition party. Wait until Decemberish when the Liberal leadership race ends... than you will get more posturing and a more clear vision of what direction the Libs are going.... and that will galvanise the NDP by default as they try to argue they are the left. At that point, the Bloc will posture them selves further away from the PC's as their right wing monkeys..and than the poll will probably more accurately reflect...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Socrates the Greek said:
FiveParadox said:

FiveParadox, it won’t be long before the Liberal party will be the Government of the day here in Canada. The truth is the Tories through out the years have shown that they are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The Liberals have shown charisma and under the Liberals Canada has always been a freer country.

You mean like all that debt they racked up? You mean when they deported that guy back to Germany for something he said?

I'm now completely convinced liberals don't have the foggiest idea what freedom is.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

Jay said:
...You mean when they deported that guy back to Germany for something he said?...

You think the deportation of Ernst Zundel was an injustice?

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
- Quebec

Voters in this province, traditionally a Liberal stronghold, are turning in droves to Harper's Conservatives as the strongest federalist force. The Liberals now have the support of just 14 per cent of voters and their vote is bleeding away to Harper. The Tories now command the support of 33 per cent of Quebec voters trailing the Bloc Quebecois (at 38 per cent, unchanged) by a narrow five-point margin.

- Ontario

The Liberals are also losing ground in this vote-rich province, where the Conservatives (at 42 per cent) now lead the Liberals (at 38 per cent) while NDP support has dropped to 11 per cent.

- British Columbia

The Tories have opened up a wide gap, where they have the support of 48 per cent of B.C. voters, compared to 26 per cent for the NDP and 20 per cent for the Liberals.

Thats a fairly positive breakthrough, actually I thought that the Liberals would still be in the lead in Ontario (considering Harpers focus on Quebec), but it look like Ontario is slowly warming up. Again the real test will come once the Liberals choose a leader.

.....on another positive note, it look like the fringe left (NDP vote), seems to be losing ground!

yballa09

Electoral Member
Sep 8, 2005
Rexburg, Idaho
i have a tough time swallowing those bc numbers, especially since the poll of 103 people in b.c. has a margin of error of 8.1%. but then again, the bc provincial liberals have been opening their lead, and that in hand might have helped the conservatives. but having nearly 50% of the bc vote, it seems a little inflated to me.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
I think not said:
I didn't think you were contesting anything, the Libs had a 13 year run, anybody that runs a country for so long needs a vacation, if nothing else to reflect, having the Conservatives in charge for a few won't kill anybody.

It may entice the fringe left to move to a galaxy far far away or New Zealand. :D

You would like to live all sorrounded by right wings? withouth left wing?:wink:

I agree that libs needed a vacation, that is a fact, but changing it for harper, is something that i dont get really much, but as you say, it is called democracy.