Please let this debate be the last

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now for the debate and vote on Afghanistan. Can this please be the last of the Afghanistan debate until the mission ends this February or later either 1 year later or two years later because it is really getting f*ing annoying because the important people know the facts.

The government, the military, Afghanistan authorities and NATO knows what is going on.

I am tired of listening to the Libs say we only had 36 hr notice and the cons saying we had five years to study this mission.

Well like any average Canadian, most civies try not to think about the military unless it has media attention, in this case, for example and therefore, that is why they are caring right now.

So can we stop talking about this bs when this vote is done.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Hmmm.....that's an interesting request. Anything you believe to be a just cause should be a premise of silencing opposing views?

Dare I give a more appropriate reply?

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: Please let this debat

I myself won't stop debating Afghanistan so long as ignorant people continue to make outrageous and erroneous claims about our deployed Forces and/or their goals.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Please let this debat

Mogz said:
I myself won't stop debating Afghanistan so long as ignorant people continue to make outrageous and erroneous claims about our deployed Forces and/or their goals.

Mogz, so we will have debates forever, for as long as there are any wars there will be those who think any ideology and any cause is not good enough to harm another, thus there will be debates.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: Please let this debat

I agree Finder, I really do. However I would like to point out that my beef does not lie with those who denounce War, not at all. I am against War, and to be honest i'd gladly make a career change if I wasn't ever needed again. My issues lay with those who spout blatant misinformation about what our Nation is doing in a military sense, and spread lies about the people doing the job. You can not endorse Afghanistan, that's fine, it's your right, but to do so predicated on lies and rumours, bugs me to no end. Especially when people i've known have been killed and/or wounded with those individuals best interests in mind.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Please let this debat

Mogz said:
I agree Finder, I really do. However I would like to point out that my beef does not lie with those who denounce War, not at all. I am against War, and to be honest i'd gladly make a career change if I wasn't ever needed again. My issues lay with those who spout blatant misinformation about what our Nation is doing in a military sense, and spread lies about the people doing the job. You can not endorse Afghanistan, that's fine, it's your right, but to do so predicated on lies and rumours, bugs me to no end. Especially when people i've known have been killed and/or wounded with those individuals best interests in mind.

Mogz, I'm sure you know I agree with you and even though we both support our actions in the Islamic republic currently I think we both know we have different views on how it should be run however. But not to be the devils advocate, well in a sence I am. But those who do give out misinformation may only believe it because they are so desperate to find ways to stop the killing, that they buy into these idea's whenever they come up without question. Though on the same note those who believe in these wars will often do the same, by, buying into propaganda fromt he pro-war side. *shrugs* Somewhere int he middle lies something we call the truth.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
dekhqonbacha, then there will be debate on how much the Canadian government doesn't care about poorer nations adn how we could have stopped thousands, perhaps millions from dieing if we did not send some peacekeepers, and what not. There will always be debate on action or in-action when the results are human life. It is a paradox of a modern nation.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
Finder
if the taxes are not sent outside, politicians are not required to answer to the public, as long as politicians don't consume it themself. Which means once Canada wants to help any poor nation, first it should think about itself. If Canada helps other nations and itself gets into misery, why should it help someone else.

Once governemt decide to help some other nation, governemt use taxpayers money. So, that question should be debated. The magnetude of the debate depend on the size of the mission. like canadian mission in Afghanistan is coparatively large, and debates will be harder.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
So then you say we should debate every war and every issue. Even if the issue is a hard issue. Then I think the debate will often go towards the easy answer. Don't get involved it's not our problem... Well until it is our problem. Indeed thats the paradox of this problem is it is always soemones elses problem until it is our own and by the time it is our own, there is either no one left to help us or other nations are using the same rationality to our problem as we did to others.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Even once they come back the debate will never end. If you don't want any debates let Canada stay away from everything, don't let Canadian milliraty get involved in anything.

That's exactly the stance the United States took pre-World War II. Isolationism does not work, it leaves you a viable target of opporunity because you're too busy not caring.