Second Grid Runner Announced

Do you support Mr. Rae's bid for the leadership of the Liberal Party?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't know / Prefer not to respond

• Total voters

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
It was announced today by the Liberal Party of Canada that the second person to have met the requirements to run for the leadership of the party is the Honourable Bob Rae, P.C., O.C.; he joins Michael Ignatieff, M.P., the Member for Etobicoke—Lakeshore and the Human Resources and Skills Associate Critic for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, now the only two persons to have completely met the requirements to run.

The Web site for the [color=red said:
Liberal Party of Canada[/color]]Registration requirements include gathering the signatures of at least 300 Liberal Party members, at least 100 of which are in each of three provinces or territories, as well as the payment of the first $25,000 installment of the entry fee.

Click here to read the entire statement in English.
Cliquetez içi¹ pour lire le communiqué entier en français.
:?: My Opinion Re: Rae's Running for Leadership

I think that it should be interesting to see how Mr. Rae's position as a former Premier of the Province of Ontario is going to affect his running for leadership, if it does in the least — I would wonder whether or not his performance in the Province of Ontario in this capacity is going to affect his chances of being selected as the party's new leader, or if he could perhaps garner the attraction of some supporters of the New Democratic Party of Ontario (and the New Democratic Party of Canada) toward the Liberals.

:?: Sources
1. Click here for the Web site of the Liberal Party of Canada.

:!: Revision : (1) Corrected a formatting error.
:!: Revision : Added a survey to this thread.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't support Bob Rae. I don't like the fact that he devoted himself to the NDP and then ran off to the Liberals. I just don't trust these kind of people.