Global Warming exposes "Non-Christianess" of Churc

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Is it non-christian to destroy the earth just because god made it?
I would think so, and so it appears to be very hypocritical of Bush And Harper to ignore global warming, while playing the christian card. {Harpocracy eh? lol]

Here is a preacher backing my opinion up:
[u] Global Warming exposes the "Non-Christianess" of Church going "Neo-conservatives"[/u]
by Pastor John, International Affairs Columnist
http://tinyurl.com/phry4

Humanity faces a worsening disaster that threatens to accelerate into a horrific catastrophe of truly monumental proportions. This particular threat that I am referring to, is Global Warming.

However, what is rather bazaar is governments like the United States that refuse to substantively modify Global Warming related activity. Indeed, the Bush administration is aware of Global Warming, and apparently has chosen to do nothing. In Canada, Stephen Harper's minority government with ideological ties to the Bush administration, has refused to affirm the integrity of the Kyoto Protocol.

Notably, both the Bush administration in the United States and the Harper minority government in Canada, have presented to their respective societies, "Christian" professings.

Theoretically, shouldn't such supposedly "Christian" inspired governments be the greatest champions of safeguarding the planet from the devastating effects of Global Warming. It is furthermore astonishing the extent to which these supposedly "Christian" inspired political constellations are presiding over the wilful destruction of planet Earth.

The absolute and total negligence by the neo-conservative governments in Canada and the United States on Global Warming, proves beyond a reasonable doubt, that these governments are not inspired by the Bible of Christianity. It further proves that Christianity to "neo-conservatives" who have been frequently been identified as the "Christian Right", is little more than a ruse.

Christianity as directly inspired by Jesus, is an inherently progressive; and no group can credibly claim to be Christian while presiding over Global Warming. Such a group in Canada and the United States, could be viewed to be what the Bible referred to as "wolves in sheep clothing". The "neo-conservatives" in the U.S. and Canada who preside over the destruction of planet Earth via Global Warming represent a 'Cult' that does not appear to revere what G-d has supposedly created. Instead "neo-conservatives" worship and pursue Mammon in their greed driven pursuit of Oil Wars, and in the theft of other "resources" for the self-absorbed materialistic endeavours of "the rich" irrespective of social and environmental costs.

----------

K
I think all this backs up my idea that it is non-christian to destroy the earth - because god made it.
It is hypocritical of Bush And Harper to ignore global warming.

What the Bible says:
Matthew 7:16 of the King James Version of the Bible expresses that "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?"

The implication of Matthews 7:16 is to appreciate the values of someone, and of an organization, not by their public relations statement; but by their actions.

The teachings of Jesus relied on the expression of deeds, which consistently affirmed respect for each other, and for the planet that nourishes life, along with having values of lovingkindness in general, human rights, social justice against oppression, and peace in the world.

k- ya, as if Bush or Harper have any inkling of the values of nature , as JC did [last paragraph above]. Nurturing values are a christian thing, but run up against capitalism, and we know the so-called "christian conservatives" choose capitalism every time when the two clash.

We cannot tolerate people in power who are hypocrites - we will all pay for their errors soon enough!!

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: Global Warming exposes "Non-Christianess" of C

well you can track global warning with weather paterns, the melting of poler ice caps and the huge holes we've ignored in the ozen layer.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Finder

You are right. There is loads of evidence of global warming. It would be foolish to ignore it.

Vicious

Electoral Member
May 12, 2006
Ontario, Sadly

I agree, it's happening (global warming) so now what do we do? I'm sure all of you have given up driving cars and heating your homes because of the fossil fuels burned. So how long before it's fixed?

We know the problem, I have no confidence in the accepted solution. It may make you feel good to reduce your emissions to less than 1990 levels but I have no confidence it will make even the smallest dent in the problem.

In my opinion the solution is to give the earth a good long rest without people on it to mess things up.

quinton

Electoral Member
Jan 20, 2006
RE: Global Warming exposes "Non-Christianess" of C

Loss of wilderness habitat caused by human population growth in my opinion is even worse than global warming.

But that is probably because I care more about biodiversity than whether or not a few cities near the ocean get flooded by rising sea levels.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
Re: RE: Global Warming exposes "Non-Christianess"

quinton said:
Loss of wilderness habitat caused by human population growth in my opinion is even worse than global warming.

But that is probably because I care more about biodiversity than whether or not a few cities near the ocean get flooded by rising sea levels.

biodiversity, population growth, and global warming can be solved by economical growth.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un

Vicious said:
I agree, it's happening (global warming) so now what do we do? I'm sure all of you have given up driving cars and heating your homes because of the fossil fuels burned. So how long before it's fixed?

You're sure that you've given up your car. Me, soon, I'm buying a truck with the most cylinders possible.

If you want the poeple to follow you, you must be an example. Then people follow you. Otherwise this quote is appropriate: "Those, who can, do. Those, who cannot, teach."

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006

#juan said:
Finder

You are right. There is loads of evidence of global warming. It would be foolish to ignore it.

Well, you are half right, while yes there is loads of evidence for global warming, as in the thermometer, what there isn't is loads of evidence that it is due to CO2, you see at current levels of CO2 (well under 500 ppm) there is no real explanation for the amount of temperature increase, nor why it is only affecting certain areas (most of Russia is experiencing far lower than normal temperatures) (highest estimated amount of CO2 in the area is 2000 ppm during a very active volcanic era many many many many years ago. (oh and human created CO2 accounts for only 2% or .2% of the current amount I can't remember which)

The way it works is you have something called a Trigger, and then you have Amplifiers.

A good example of this is the water temperature and melting ice in the North Atlantic/Artic Ocean there is a hot spot in the middle of a huge ICE Cap, the reason it is growing at the rate it is due to its own internal amplification. As the ice melts, the water being darker in colour than the ICE absorbs more light and heat, and therefore further increases the temperature, melting more ICE and absorbing more heat, eventually equilibrium will be hit. No one on any side of the global warming argument denies that most of the melting is due to amplification. The problem is they can't agree on what is (are) the trigger(s).

Many many scientists say it has to do with the fact that currently we are experiencing a LOT of sun spots. They also note that within 20 years we should have a calmed period on the sun at which time the earth is in for a very cold number of years.

Just so you all know the most effective green house gas (which is in abundance in the air) is uncondensed water vapor not CO2 that is actually what accounts for most of the .6 degrees of heating. Again the water vapor is the amplifier as the temperature gets a little warmer, more water vapor is in the air the warmer it gets, and thus the more water vapor is created, again this will reach equilibrium.

Again, all scientists agree with this fact, they again are arguing about what the trigger is. CO2 or Sunspots (or possibly less sensational triggers).

Many humans like to think we are more in control of our lives than we really are, I think that is why the media is so big on promoting the Human caused global warming theories. The fact is we can't do anything about the SUN, and hell we don't have to. So it really doesn't make great news.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006

Finder said:
well you can track global warning with weather paterns, the melting of poler ice caps and the huge holes we've ignored in the ozen layer.

Maybe you haven't heard of the montreal protocol, we aren't ignoring it. But it just so happens that the Ozone Layer is recovering faster than the montreal Protocol alone can account for.

BTW this is straight from NASA http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/26may_ozone.htm?list832167

Do your homework.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Global warming is a cult created by Satan. You see, what's really happening is that the end-times are comming so the earth is slowly cracking open to swallow all us non-Christians up and as it cracks open it releases some of the heat from the burning fires of Hell!

Bush and harper are smart enough to know that and so instead of wasting their time trying to prevent the inevitable, they show their fatih by doing NOTHING. This way they show their faith that God will solve everything. THose who try to do SOMETHING show a great lack of faith in God's ability to solve the problem. So in fact, by doing NOTHING Bush and Blair are slowing global warming by slowing down the opening up of the gates of Hell. But the rest of us who want to do SOMETHING about it are showin faith and in so doing are speeding up the opening of the crack.

You see, if you should have received a solid fundamentalist education you'd know all this!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Re: RE: Global Warming expose

Toro said:
Linking global warming to the bible is as silly as linking the right to own guns to the bible.

What are you talking about. You know darn well that to not interpret the Bible literally is blasphemy, no?

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Re: RE: Global Warming exposes "Non-Christianess"

dekhqonbacha said:
quinton said:

biodiversity, population growth, and global warming can be solved by economical growth.

Its not funny anymore... the people most likely to deny global warming are also religious. Faith is dangerous, a direct threat to the things I personally value, like the natural sustainable biosphere.

The question remains: Does God mind that we are destroying his works?

Or do you believe that humans are God's creation and so whatever we do is going to be just fine, even global warming or nuclear war apocalypse, and that is exactly what god intended?
Can we go ahead and raise the temperature a full 10oC on average,wipe out 90% of the life forms, change the weather from stable to "continuous severe weather" , and ALL OF IT IS GODS PLAN, its the way God intends to bring the world to the next stage, new era?

God or no god, I say humans must live responsibly, and not count on a guy in the sky to make it all right. Global warming is a result of corporate excesses and unrestrained greed. Surely gods plan would be that we should learn from this mistake, from these crimes.

I can understand why this question is being sidetracked... it must be pretty uncomfortable defending global warming while pretending to honour god and all his works. Hypocracy...

K

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Well hey, if humans followed His laws, we wouldn't have all these problems. But the fundamentalists have apocaliptic prophesies to fulfill and they must fulfil them as literally as possible. Destruction of the environment is in fact a very efficient way to fulfil prophecy literally. It raises the chances of natural catastrophy and political instability over simple things such as water. How else are His prophesies to be fulfilled literally without destroying the environment :p