Your Confidence in the Government

I have confidence in the present Government of Canada (they should continue to govern).

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know / Prefer not to respond

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This morning, at approximately ten o'clock Eastern Standard Time, the Government of Canada is going to present its main estimates before the House of Commons to be debated and approved. As a matter of fund appropriation, the estimates are a measure of the confidence of the House in the Government; to defeat the estimates is to precipitate an election.

To be quite clear, this thread is not one to speculate on whether or not we should be preparing for the Fortieth General Election (no such thing is likely to happen in the very near future). This thread is intended to measure whether or not the membership of Canadian Content has confidence in the present Government. How have they done so far, and what do you think they could be doing better?

:?: Sources
1. Click here for the Web site of the Government of Canada.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Are the ripping off the taxpayer? If not, let them govern.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
RE: Your Confidence in th

I have absolutely no confidence in the current Conservative government. There is absolutely nothing they could do to get my support.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
While I voted Don't know / Prefer not to respond (I don't like to affect the results of surveys I post with my own opinion), I think that I would have confidence in the Government of Canada, insofar as they govern in a moderate fashion and respect the intended spirit of a minority in the Parliament of Canada.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
I had told people before the election to vote Democrats, and if they can't support them, to vote for the Conservatives. But I have to admit the Conservatives have let me down too much. I said before the election all the conservatives have to do is run a clean government. With in a week of the end of the election they became hypocrites. Keep in mind many conservatives have spoken out against their own government and I think those members who grumbled and made it known they were not happy are the one's I think who should get reelected. But in general I hope this government last awhile and only if the conservatives remember they do not have a magority that they have a minority and have to govern that way. if this government falls I would like to see another government formed and not an election. Perhaps give the Liberals a shoot. I think they could govern as long as they kept in mind the concerns of two other parties.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

I don't trust the Conservatives because of what Brian Mulroney did to this country.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I mean, do we want to go back to Liberal government scams? Just wondering why you can't give the conservatives a chance. What is that they are doing that is completely unacceptable to you?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: RE: Your Confidence in th

JonB2004 said:
I don't trust the Conservatives because of what Brian Mulroney did to this country.

What did he do?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

I prefer a Liberal majority government where they steal our money than a Conservative government.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

Kreskin said:
JonB2004 said:

What did he do?

Gawd what didn't he do? He was so bad he pretty much killed the Progressive Conservative party, which is pretty hard to do considering it was once a legacy,

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

What Brian Mulroney gave this country.

-a $42 billion deficit

-a $600 billion national debt

-instated the GST

-a long list of scandals

And I'm just getting started!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Finder said:
Kreskin said:
JonB2004 said:

What did he do?

Gawd what didn't he do? He was so bad he pretty much killed the Progressive Conservative party, which is pretty hard to do considering it was once a legacy,

I guess you can say the same for Paul Martin and Jean Chretien. People want change from time to time.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

JonB2004 said:
What Brian Mulroney gave this country.

-a $42 billion deficit

-a $600 billion national debt

-instated the GST

-a long list of scandals

And I'm just getting started!

And Paul Martin got all the credit when the policies worked. He even trumped them on the scandals.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

I don't care if my money gets stolen. Just as long as the government is doing a good job.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Kreskin, the Liberal party is actually very strong for a oppistion party, one of the strongest in our history.... Mulroney, brought a strong magority government down to two seats!!! TWO SEATS are you listening to me TWO SEATS the biggest defeat in the history of Canadian elections. He handed the Liberals the ability to run the country for as long as it did, he kicked the conservative movement in Canada in the balls hard and it only just recovered now. hell even after 70 years of the communist party in russia messing up they had a hell of alot more seats in Duma after communism fell.

TWO SEATS. Do the math... it's not hard.... One... two!!!

Oh and he dares to think of himself as the best PM ever?!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
In my opinion (should I put on a flame-proof suit for this? hehe), the amount of funds that are thought to have been taken by the Liberal Party of Canada had nothing to do with the members of the Government of Canada of the Thirty-eighth Parliament. From my perspective, the opposition was being opportunistic; the amount of money that was thought to be taken was nothing in comparison to the budget or the finances of the nation.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Finder said:
Oh and he dares to think of himself as the best PM ever?!
To be fair, Finder, the recent statements in terms of the Right Honourable Brian Mulroney, P.C. were in relation to his thoughts in terms of the environment — recent publications to this end are not intended to endorse him as the best Prime Minister "as a whole".

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

Yeah, I've been wondering that. How can Mulroney be the best PM in history after nearly destroying Canada and the Progressive Conservatives?