• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
A bill was introduced recently in the Parliament. It is called Bill C-212. This bill would make April 23rd Canadian Autism Day.

My Two Cents
I think this bill is a useless waste of time. There are more important things that need to be done in this Parliament.

And just for the record everyone, I have nothing against people with autism or any other disease. I just don't think this bill is nessecary.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I would concur with you on this issue, JonB2004.

I have observed that a good number of the legislation being introduced in this Thirty-ninth Parliament (in terms of private members' business) is geared toward creating more "take-note days", so to speak. I would suggest that perhaps Peter Stoffer, M.P., the Member for Sackville—Eastern Shore and the Fisheries and Oceans Critic, Veteran Affairs Critic, and the Industry Deputy Critic (for Shipbuilding), has his heart in the right place, but could perhaps put forth something more concrete, such as legislation geared toward some particular ways to increase awareness of Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I support the principle, but not the substance, of Bill C-212, An Act respecting a Canadian Autism Day (or the Canadian Autism Day Act, in terms of the short title suggested by Section 1). I would suggest that the legislation be amended, or new legislation be introduced, to do something more practical in terms of autism.