Bonne fête, Majesté!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Tomorrow is the eightieth birthday of Her Majesty Elizabeth II, the Queen of Canada. To commemorate Her Majesty's birthday, Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D., the Governor General of Canada, is going to share a cake with three hundred students at Sam Pudlut Elementary School and Pitseolak School at Cape Dorset, in the Territory of Nunavut, in addition to donating eighty books to the Iqaluit Centennial Library, and another thirty to the community.

[color=#bb0000 said:
Her Excellency the Rt. Hon. Michaëlle Jean[/color], C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D.,]The connection between Her Majesty and Canadians is an enduring and deeply rooted one. The Queen's devotion to Canada extends beyond her commitment as our Sovereign; it is personal and heartfelt. And Canadians have warmly reciprocated this affection, gathering, often by the thousands, to greet her wherever she goes during her Royal visits—hoping to catch a glimpse of her or to exchange a few words that will become cherished memories.

The Queen made her first visit to Canada while still a princess in 1951. In 55 years, she has returned more than 20 times. Many of these visits have been to commemorate important milestones in the history of our country, including Canada’s centennial in 1967 and the subsequent centennials of provinces and territories that joined Confederation in later years. In 1982, she took part in the historic signing of the Constitution Act, ratifying our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Click here to read the entire message in English.
Cliquetez içi pour lire le message entier en français.
Happy birthday, Your Majesty! :D

:?: Sources
1. Click here for the Web site of the Governor General of Canada.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I changed my avatar to reflect the occasion.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
stop already with this mon-anarchy stuff

never mind the bullocks

she aint no queen of mine

happy birthday--who

who cares

long live the people